Back Down on the River Again

Discussion in 'Freshwater Reports' started by Tony Vegas, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Tony Vegas

Tony Vegas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +333
    Name:
    Tony Vegas
    Another week another couple sessions on the river for me. Fished down in Mission Valley again and weeeeeeeeelllllll it paid off again! One session was a grind only one fish for a 4 hour session. Clone in the 10 inch range on a Strike King 3XD in a shad pattern. Left kinda wondering what else I could throw and have gotten a couple more fish at least. So I went home and kinda tried to figure out what I could throw to generate a couple more bites. Had my normal drop shot tied on but in more of a weedless power shot to get back up in the gunk and come out lil less tied up. My double fluke rig is still tied up too. Instead of the 3XD I went with a Red Eye Shad again by SK trying out different retrieves yo-yo, burning, slow rolling ect. And then my last rig was my Alabama rig which I had yet to catch a fish on. I started with the Red Eye for about 45 mins and not a bite. I used my drop shot up in the tules for nada and thew the Fluke nothing as well. With a tad bit of wind picking up I started throwing the Alabama and with in 5 mins I had fish striking and missing and following all the way to my tube. I knew right away I was landing my first fish on this rig today. I eventually land a decent sided fish right around 13-14 inches hit hard and was interesting to see how a fish feels on this . It was a thick guy. (similar to the fish pictured with the rig in my hand.) I kept throwing that rig and ended up getting a fish in the 5-6lb range(I'm buying a scale but my PB was a 3 lber and it was much larger than that!) My new PB!!!!! Haha so happy! Kept grinding it out for about another 2 hours for 5 more fish. One point I did run into some schooling fish chasing bait with a couple busters and got one casting over and pulling thru. One fish was tiny and I was surprised that it went for it. Could've only been 8in max. My Kietechs are 3.8 in he was funny compared to the rig. My girl came out and took a few pics of me with the fish at the end of my session and the fish was released and swam right down no problem. Looking forward to a trip to San V this Monday, hoping to get another hog! Thanks for reading everybody! Tight Lines!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_2125-1.jpeg

IMG_2126.jpeg

IMG_2128.jpeg

IMG_2137.jpeg

IMG_2138.jpeg

IMG_2139.jpeg

2. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +16,077
    Very nice job Tony!
    Great report and loved the pics!
    Gotta love that fat bass you caught.
    Wow....pulling bass out with the umbrella rig even.
    Thanks for sharing with us and look forward to more reports from you.
    Tight lines. :)

3. FishBait

FishBait Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +511
    Nice session. Congrats on the PB.

FE358BBF-9780-4579-BCF2-943B87E75E0A.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Tony Vegas

Ratings:
    +333
    Name:
    Tony Vegas
    All the fish came on it today! The PB included!

5. sdfriday

sdfriday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +134
    Wow! Nice work and thank you for sharing!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Tony Vegas

Ratings:
    +333
    Name:
    Tony Vegas
    Thanks for stopping by and reading! Tight lines my man!

7. RamonaAngler

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,389
    Boat:
    Yes
    Great day for you Tony! Congrats on your PB, too!! Thanks for the report and pics! Tight lines!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Tony Vegas

Ratings:
    +333
    Name:
    Tony Vegas
    Thanks it was a blast for sure to be out there and catching fish, decent ones at that! Thanks for stopping by and Tight Lines brotha!

9. sdfriday

sdfriday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +134
    So I was inspired by Tony and Vinny's (sounds like a restaurant) recent successes down by the river so thought I'd give it another shot. Headed out on Friday 10/30 late afternoon for a session on the SUP and tried the Mimi's side. I was blown away by how much hydrilla is over there but it makes the water much less murky than the other side. Based on Tony's nice catches on the A rig I thought I'd try something flashy so I pulled out my largest underspin and paired it with a 3.8inch Keitech swimbait. Tossed it for quite awhile before switching to a shaky head with a Roboworm Fat straight tail. Finally hooked up on a very respectable bass. Sorry for the shoddy photo. It was taken thru a ziploc bag. All in all a fun trip out. IMG_0607.jpg

10. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +52,432
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many