bass p__ shops reels?

Discussion in 'Fishing Tackle' started by pro65ss, Oct 17, 2013.

1. pro65ss

pro65ss Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any one out there using or have used any of the bass p_ _ shops bait caster are they any good if so what one? Thanks

2. TheDonNguyen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +96
    Personally never used one but I'd rather spend the money on a daiwa or shimano

3. pro65ss

pro65ss Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im in the market for a reel I'm thinking the chronarch ci4 or the lexa just that the bass pro looks like a garcia

4. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +29,312
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    I was thinking that this one looks a lot like my Daiwa Exceler. I've heard good things about it. Love my Daiwas.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Pro-Qualifier-Baitcast-Reels/product/102287/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-P ... ct/102287/</a>

5. Christopher01

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +117
    I used to use all BPS Pro Qualifiers until I switched back to Revo Premiers... A Generation 3 Premier may weigh a lot less but the Pro Q is indestructible, casts great, and cost 1/3 the price. I still love em! With that said, if you can get your hands on a Gen 2 premier the difference is night and day. I'll take a $100 Pro Q over any other reel in that price range. Just sayin

6. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +29,312
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    I have had one of these for about three years. I love the way it casts. I have a Revo Inshore too and enjoy using this cheaper reel just as much. Cannot speak for longevity.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Daiwa-Exceler-Baitcast-Reel-8BB-LH-EXC100SHL-/190797515098?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6c6b095a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ebay.com/itm/Daiwa-Exceler-B ... 2c6c6b095a</a>

This one is a lefty, but there are plenty of RH out there as well.

7. Big_Iner

Big_Iner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I have a pro qualifier myself it's spinning reel though it's not bad I've got my moneys worth outta it. I agree with chris though I'm a Abu fan myself too.

8. pro65ss

pro65ss Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any one fished with the lexa or new chronarch

9. TheDonNguyen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +96
    I have a couple lexas and am looking at the tatulas right now. Love my lexa despite having to fix one of em all the time from all the abuse I put it through

10. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +29,312
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    If you have the cash for these why are you even thinking about BPS? 2 for the price of 1?

11. pro65ss

pro65ss Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just think that there Garcia is making then for bps also because I was thinkingfor the lprice I could get two. Lol. Also I'm looking for a spinner reel and at the 100 price for the bps I could get both but I want a good casting reel that will last

12. fishingforstrength

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +214
    Boat:
    14ft tracker
    I've used the pro qualifiers for a couples years now and the carbon lites there amazing. Expect ally around Black Friday and Christmas the pros go on sale for 60 to 70 dollars and at that price best real for your dollars and the lites go on sale for around 100 sometimes less. I have 2 and my girlfriend has had hers for 3 and there amazing we use them in salt and fresh and they hold up everytime. Caught halibut and big striper on them

13. pro65ss

pro65ss Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I picked up the pro qualifier sat and fished with it today at peris first time with my 4 year old son in the boat. It nice .. and cast good. Man bps is a man's candy store after spending 3 plus hours there and buying that reels and a basket full of gear. I had to go out and try it .... The fish are definitely changing the feeding pattern and the water is cooling off fast. Thanks everyone for the info ....

14. StinkyPinky

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +584
    damn i wish i would have seen this a few days ago. I have had the pro qualifier, and currently have two johnny morris gold series, a JM carbon black series, a carbonlite (the newest one), and a JM sig. series spinning reel. the casting reels are great. the JM reels cast as good as my calais. carbonlite is nice just not as smooth feeling as the heavier reels. As stated above, they should be going on sale here soon as they are probably going to change them again next year. Im planning on getting a JM signature series II when they go on sale again, possibly another carbonlite

15. Martin_B

Martin_B Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I started off with a 2011 BPS Extreme and finally started to use it in 2012; however, after six months of use, the gearing stripped. I contacted BPS about it and even though it was out of warranty they replaced it with a current year Extreme. So far, I haven't had any issues with it, but I've only been using it for about a week. It doesn't cast as nice as my new Daiwa Tatula, but it's almost half the price of the Tatula.

16. jesse_james13

jesse_james13 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    I've never used this reel, but they are called LEWS and my buddy who fishes a lot of bass tournaments (basically his job) swears by them. Not sure where they sell them though

17. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +29,312
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    I've seen them at Walmart.

18. TheDonNguyen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +96
    my buddy has a Lew's reel and he likes it...tackle warehouse carries them too

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lews_Casting_Reels/catpage-LEWC.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lews_Cas ... -LEWC.html</a>

19. fishingforstrength

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +214
    Boat:
    14ft tracker
    Pro qualifier with a rod are Goin on sale fr 70 bucks in a couple werks