Bass Pro Shops to buy Cabelas?

Discussion in 'General Fishing' started by Kellen, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,854
    Tackle industry retail giant Bass Pro Shops is exploring an offer for one of its largest competitors—Cabela’s, Inc.

According to a Nov. 5, report from Reuters, Bass Pro Shops is in the process of securing financing for a potential offer that would target Cabela’s. Both parties declined Reuters’ requests for comment, though shares of Cabela’s have risen by as much as 13-percent in light of the news. Both companies operate substantial, multi-million dollar direct sales and retail destination-store operations.

More at...

http://fishingtackleretailer.com/bass-pro-shops-to-buy-cabelas/

2. weldon

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,175
    Wow ! I hate to see that as I have dealt with both companies either being in their stores in multiple states or by mail order and consider Cabela's the better company. I feel that the quality of Cabela's house brands to be superior to BPS especially in their footwear and clothing lines and would rather visit a Cabela's store than a BPS one. It also keeps prices competitive with two companies biding for your outdoor/sporting dollars.

3. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,854
    I love the Cabelas store here, although I don't think I've ever bought fishing gear from it. But their fish tank and just overall layout is much better than Bass Pro.

4. bassgalrascal

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,364
    Even the morning news on KUSI reported about this, just this morning.

5. Hurke van Trout

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +185
    Boat:
    the leaky plank
    no! save cabelas!

6. weldon

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,175
    Along with a collection of old Herter's cataloges I even have some Cabela ones going back to 1981. They always had some neat stuff for sale. And to think that Dick Cabela and his brother started the business selling hand tied flies from their kitchen table.