Best soft plastic glue (worm glue)

Discussion in 'Fishing Tackle' started by dmorgan3, Oct 3, 2020.

1. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,326
    My favorite used to be Mend-it but it turns to a gel before I get thru the bottle and the thinner they recommend (MEK) does not fully fix the problem. MEK is not available anymore in California but still available in Arizona.

I tried
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Oatey-4-oz-All-Purpose-ABS-PVC-and-CPVC-Clear-Cement/17126512 and I like it a lot. Because it is low VOC, it takes longer to dry but is very strong. It has a yellowish color when wet but almost clear when dry. It can also be used to better attach soft plastics to jig heads. It is as flexible as the soft bait itself, unlike Super Glue.

I don't repair baits on the water, just save them all and fix them when I get home so I am not in a hurry for the glue to dry. Fishing in the bay especially, the spotted bay bass really chew up the plastics.

I doubt this would work on ElaZtech material since that is not compatible with standard PVC soft plastics.

2. oldfogey

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,434
    Name:
    Mike
    I glue the Elaztec( zman) baits to leadhead jigs with Loctite super glue gel......it works super haha

3. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,326
    Yes, Super Glue works great for gluing bodies onto jig heads, ElaZtech or PVC. But it is too rigid for most repairs to bodies.

4. Fat Spottie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,302
    Name:
    Why
    Boat:
    Boats are to pricey
    That’s uh, really cool actually. Also I love the crappie, trying to get into that this year.