Boating accident at El Capitan?

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by Kellen, Jul 31, 2014.

1. NATRL 1

NATRL 1 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Boat:
    Concessions
    Thank you to the creator of this memorial, Beautiful sentiment.
    I hope it serves as a reminder to the boating community on the lake, Safety First, Be Considerate to others, Always Weigh the Consequences of your Actions... Being in a hurry; whether it is on the road to your destination, or on the water, poses danger to everyone around you~ and yourself.

2. CaliGirl

CaliGirl Member

Ratings:
    +20
    NATRL 1 has it right. If, as a result of this accident, everyone slows down and pays more attention to safety, then something good will have come from something unbelievably bad.

3. Kmahan

Kmahan Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hello everyone, this is Jeff's other aunt. Our family has been very touched by all the demonstrations of compassion and support, whether that be in the form of a contribution to the memorial fund, a hug from someone who had heretofore been a stranger, a card, or just a silent and anonymous prayer. The love and caring people have shown, each in their own way, has been almost as overwhelming as our sense of loss. And believe me, each show of compassion has been felt and so appreciated. Everyone who has donated has done so for their own reasons and in their own way. And that is as it should be. The tournament, while raising funds, also honors Jeff and Russ by getting people out there doing something they, and you guys, love. Living life to the fullest is something I know Jeff embraced and I smile as I think of you all out there having fun and embracing that too.
    Just my two cents. "Aunt Kath"

4. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,847
    I received an email from Rick Ingram (Jeffry's father) today, he asked that I post this;

"On behalf of my wife Mary and our entire family, I wish to extend a most heartfelt thank you to all of you for the the incredible support we have received and continue to receive after the tragic death of our youngest son Jeffry and his close friend Russell. My words do little to convey how much this has touched us.

I also must acknowledge a young man of the highest moral fiber and character that many of you know well. Joe Marshall, Jeff’s part time fishing guide and full time friend, has touch ours hearts like no other. He was the first at our door and was a great comfort to us when we needed it most. Jeff was truly blessed to count him among his greatest friends.

So with immense gratitude I thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and support."

5. NATRL 1

NATRL 1 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Boat:
    Concessions
    My sincerest condolences to you Aunt Kath. That's two cents worth billions, well spent.

6. realsdfish

realsdfish Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    This still tears me up inside, if only some of you could have met these 2. Y'all got me F****D up the driver should have atleast have gotten charged and made to sit a couple yrs with the killers accident or not. Hope he's having a blast with his family while 2 others STILL mourn the loss of theirs.. Rip Russ and Jeff

7. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +28,285
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Horrible shame! I think there needs to be some kind of memorial on the point to remind folks to be thoughtful and careful. Maybe I will work on that. Ideas welcome.

I'm thinking a simple cross.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Nute

Nute Researcher...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,196
    We've put a few up over a period of time. Flowers, rock stacks, even a cross with fishing rods. They get removed after a while.

9. Big Daddy TR21

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,225
    Boat:
    Skeeter ZX225
    Needs to be more done on the city level. They remove articles like that due to separation of church and state. I for one would like to see a memorial raised in there honor. REALSDFISH, I understand your pain and yes it was a terrible loss, but I'm sure the guys that hit them are always reminded of it as well. Time heels all pain, but I for one am more in to forgiveness. No one went out to cause that accident, I'm sure if it was to be done again they would do anything to make sure nothing like that happened.
    Lets move forward and work on this as fishing community and brotherhood. Lets honor them as we should with our love for fishing. Maybe we can start a go fund me page for a memorial that we can place near the site. Just my thoughts.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. realsdfish

realsdfish Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Your right. Sorry for the negativity brother I just woke up a little hard headed. Was ready to slap around anyone that was even there. Once again RIP

11. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +28,285
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Forgiveness is a good thing, but it follows contrition and repentance. Maybe this has already happened, but the man needs to issue a heart-felt apology to the family. It is not enough that he feels badly.

12. Jenx

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,696
    I just read this whole thread. What did they determine was the cause of the crash? Was there alcohol involved?

I never heard about this crash before.

Edit: Never mind. I just found the other thread.

#232 Jenx, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016