Calavera lake Carlsbad

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by sr20veneovvl, Aug 18, 2010.

1. carpkiller

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,598
    It's posted. It's illegal. Sorta.

CPC is CA Penal Code. 374 pertains to littering. 602 is more interesting.

(l) Entering any lands under cultivation or enclosed by fence, belonging to, or occupied by, another, or entering upon uncultivated or unenclosed lands where signs forbidding trespass are displayed at intervals not less than three to the mile along all exterior boundaries and at all roads and trails entering the lands without the written permission of the owner of the land, the owner’s agent, or the person in lawful possession, and any of the following:

(1) Refusing or failing to leave the lands immediately upon being requested by the owner of the land, the owner’s agent, or by the person in lawful possession to leave the lands.

So as the owner's agent, if a Deputy (acting in the capacity of the owner, the city) tells you to leave and you don't...it's a misdemeanor.

The reality is the city doesn't want to get sued if they allow fishing and someone drowns. That's why our local reservoirs with expansive shorelines are closed at night. Drunky McTweakerton goes "fishing" and falls in, and his family sues the water district. Or our hero and his friends make some racket and trash the place, and that disturbs the people up the hill, so they ask the city to put up a sign. There's an area along SD Bay that's posted (because it became a party zone). I used to fish there all the time. People who live along there would come out and chat; seeing no cooler full of beer and smelling no stench of weed, they figured I was just fishing and never called the cops.

If I lived near this place I might fish there. But I'm not gonna drive that far just to get into an argument with the guy who lives there...and potentially be run off by the gendarmerie.

CK