california recruiting hunters?

Discussion in 'Hunting & Firearms' started by fishnfreak, Oct 18, 2019.

1. fishnfreak

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +881
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. 5spot

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +566
    I believe it was the goal. When hunting is on a declining trend, then the question becomes are guns needed at all. Hunting is the number one thing that gets newer shooters involved. It starts at a young age.
    You squelch that and interest in guns and guns rights disappears...at least partly.

“hunters and anglers play an essential role in state wildlife conservation”

I’m surprised the SF paper spoke that truth. Hunters and anglers are repsondsible for, I believe, over 90% of conservation funds.

3. 1956bill

1956bill Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +88
    Biggest problem I have always had, where can I hunt and how the hell can I get there. I have my spots but they make it difficult to access and some places you simply can’t. New hunters that don’t know anyone will have a very very tuff time figuring out where you can and can’t.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. fishnfreak

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +881
    if you want to hunt the valley there are the fields in imperial valley that leon lesicka and team setup for hunters every year. DWU They stock pheasant for the opener, and plant fields they lease for feed for the birds. its all on the DFW website along with Duck hunting the Wister unit , theres a free camp ground to bring your RV for the weekend to stay at Wister and hunt the the ponds. there averages are as good as the fields up north.