Catch Big Halibut by Paul Moritz

Discussion in 'Bay fishing' started by Paul the Great, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Paul the Great

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +220
    Since Im the best San Diego halibut fisherman, I decided to write a book and show anyone who is interested in catching the fish of a lifetime, how to do it.

Here it is: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.CatchBigHalibut.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.CatchBigHalibut.com</a>

catch_kindle_zpsfd85adb5.jpg

Here is a cool shot of me n my dad a trip or two ago.
    mendad_zps2a0f88d7.jpg

This is Ed Rush, the guy doing my book. He was a F18 fighter pilot and a Top Gun trainer. You can look him up. I took him out and he scored TWO giant halibut. This was his first time fishing for halibut.
    twofish_zps5a92d360.jpg

Here is my biggest from a few days ago.
    bighalibut_zps0273c927.jpg

So when you decide that you are tired of catching little bass or sub-excellent halibut, pick up a copy of my book and learn from your sdfish resident expert on how to do it and impress your friends and show off to your wife that you too, can actually bring home dinner one of these days.

There will also be a video program along with the book.

The book has 34,000 words, or so, 50ish photos, some diagrams, a few recipies, and some other secret items.

Enjoy!

...and you're welcome.
    Paul Moritz
    paulfishes
    Paul the Great

2. dj thrillz

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,762
    Way cool Paul!

3. Fishtricks

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +578
    I will be needing a signed copy. Thank you.

4. mick

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +47
    Nice. Good luck on your new venture. When does it go into print?

5. Lawman

Lawman Attorney at Law
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +406
    Boat:
    CC
    How exciting!. Can't wait to read it.

6. Paul the Great

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +220
    Mick, I think it comes out on Kindle first, and then you can order a paperback real copy shortly after that.

Im just the talent.

There is also more video being shot next week. The book and videos will be a packaged product to help regular non-professional guys catch big halibut. Imagine if you never caught a halibut in your life, but really wanted to, this book is for you.

If you already know everything and are the best halibut fisherman in the world, you already know what to do and dont need to read what I have to say.

If you just want to see tons of pictures of giant halibut and read into my wonderful personality, this book is for you. Your halibut catch will sky rocket with all the secret info I put in the book.

7. Mecca Fisher

Mecca Fisher Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Boat:
    None
    i want a signed copy as well. dont have a kindle so imma wait for the hard back w/video.

8. got2fishsd

got2fishsd Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When are you going to start offering guided trips? Really looks like you know what you are doing.

9. Paul the Great

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +220
    Got2fishsd,
    You can come with anytime.

Killer trade last time. Plus, now I owe YOU. The tickets were great. Thanks.

Cruise with anytime. You know the drill. So long as we are both off, you're in.

10. Paul the Great

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +220
    Video was shot on Friday morning. A guy from Redding flew down to do the shoot.

Fishing with the camera on the boat was interesting. For the most part, the fishing was slow for big halibut. I got one that was nice, and my dad got a small one.

I showed my set-up and a few techniques. In hind sight, I think the coolest thing I got on tape was a halibut bite. I told the camera man to shoot the rod tip, and sure enough, the tip went pull, pull, pull. Just like a halibut should. It was clear what a halibut bite looks like. I also taped a lot of baits that were raked and showed the difference between bass, lizard fish, and other non-halibut bites.

Here is my tip for the day: Never fish when the Navy is deploying multiply giant aircraft carriers all morning long. Good lord!

Thanks Ed and Drew for setting up the filming and producing this product.

11. tmbtc12

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +129
    Boat:
    2012 Triton 19xs
    Very cool Paul. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. It was my goal this year to bring home a nice hali for dinner.

12. Paul the Great

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +220
    For anyone that is interested, I will be on the Mighty 1090am Lets Talk Hook Up radio on Nov 3. I will give a seminar on how to catch big halibut from local inshore waters.

I will go over whats in the book and answer questions, so feel free to call in and ask something.

Again, my goal is for YOU to catch a giant halibut. I have caught my share, and its time for me to share with you how to be successful on your next outing in search of big halibut.

The show goes from 7am to 9am. I dont know when during that time I will be on air, but tune in and Im sure you will learn something.

13. azbaseball

azbaseball Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good Luck with the book. Question I fish mostly from shore or Yak. will the book help me also and if I get the kindle version does it also come with the videos or a link that I can download the videos

thank you

mike

14. Paul the Great

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +220
    I went over fishing in the surf and lagoons from shore. The surf is a specific environment that actually has a load of halibut and guys that are dialed in vet them regularly. Lagoon fishing is good to excellent and I went over some secret magic tricks in the book. Everybody knows how to get halibut from lagoons, I just honed in on a creative high-percentage way.

Fishing from a yak is fishing from a boat. Tons of dudes land hogs off plastic skinny boats. Id guess the only place you cant go with a yak is to the Cortez bank or nine mile. All the halibut you could ever dream of are an easy paddle from shore, so long as youre not a wussy. Inside or outside of tbe kelp beds, or off the IB pier, or tbe ARs out of Oside, buc pipe, and the canyons. Obviously the bays are loaded and easy to do with a yak.

The book was a fun deal. Ive got another book just about completly written and it will be out after this one. I did not write the book to make a single penny, I wrote it so YOU could catch tons of legal halibut and the catch the fish of a lifetime. I know how to do it, I do it all the time. Im so confident that I can catch big halibut at will, Im not worried about sharing the years of information that has made me successful. You will still have to put in the time, Ive simply layed out the blue print. I narrowed down hundreds of photos and added about fifty good fish in the book. When my dad and I were looking over all the photos that went into the book, we were kinda shocked that we caught so many good fish in such a short time.

Kindle should have a link to the video. I will continue to add video to the website. Enjoy.

15. dooolan

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +270
    I drink Hamms, therefore I catch Halibut

16. WHEREtheFISHare86

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +36
    What is the title of the book, where can I get it, an what is the cost?

17. Paul the Great

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +220
    Ill give you a hint to the title. It is on the cover of the book in this post, it is hidden in the title of this post. Its "Catch Big Halibut". I know, its very tricky.

You will be able to look it up by the ISBN, or by title, or by author, who is me, Paul Moritz. Kindle will have it on e-book, Tackle shops, book stores, amazon, or order it from Catchbighalibut.com once it goes online. Ed tells me that it will be ready this week.

On the 11th, we shot more video of me catching legal halibut.

I have tshirts and hoodies if you want them.
    Paul

18. mick

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +47
    Paul the Great swag. Gotta love it.

Best of luck with the sales.

mick

19. Paul the Great

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +220
    You can now type in catchbighalibut.com in your browser bar and find the homepage for my book.

Put in you email and I will email you the gear list.

The book is done and it will be for sale this week.

I was home for 3 days this month, so I have not been working on getting the book online or in bookstores as soon as you would have liked.

I had not been to work in 30 days, true story. We went to colorado, then to NorCal for deer hunting, and yes, I got a good mule deer.

Paul

20. Nute

Nute Researcher...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,822
    Congrats Paul, you smell terrific!