CDC Reveals Hospitals Counted Heart Attacks as COVID-19 Deaths

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by barepixels, Nov 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barepixels

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,873
    Name:
    John
    Boat:
    No access to one
    The latest numbers from the CDC reveal hospitals have been counting patients who died from serious preexisting conditions as COVID-19 deaths. One America’s Pearson Sharp has more, as the CDC counts over 51-thousand patients who actually died from heart attacks, as opposed to the coronavirus.

From Comments

yes, the hospitals are admitting they were paid to lie to the public.government propagandists.
    --------------------------------------
    When you pay organizations a bonus to “stretch “the truth, it’s hard not to do so. I am an RN and most for those I work with that contracted COVID either have no symptoms or slight flu like symptoms for a few days. It is no where near as deadly as the lying MSM would like you to believe.
    This is a sneaky way for them to cover themselves legally. Don’t fear covid.
    the entire thing is a money laundering scheme ; way to fund states with fed taxpayer money during this great reset
    Nice to see the truth finally making it out, that dying WITH COVID is not the same as dying FROM COVID. Scamdemic. The COVID is less deadly that the normal Flu season.
    ~~Not only that , the tests are very frequently FALSE POSITIVE!
    Hospitals have been counting EVERY death on covid since this hoax started. Even homicides and vehicle tragedies.
    make sure you include the surge in suicides, drug overdoses, Etc due to the lockdown / attack on our economy in those excess deaths.
    Does anyone need more proof of leftist treachery after "following the science"?
    It's all true, did some research, no one is disputing the story. A Care act clause makes it interestingly legal. The institutions are in survival mode. Either lie or close the doors. It isn't just 'right wing' news, it's just factual journalism like you won't get on MSM. The CDC and WHO the left feels is all knowing, doesn't dispute it. It's their report. They know it's true. The numbers are all BS
    it actually doesn't mean Doctors are paid to list it as Corona, it means Doctors are ripping off Medicare and the American people by lying. that's a crime !
    They do even admit there crimes. Now ain't that something...
    They have little to fear. If it´s not vomited through crap media 24/7 it doesn´t exist in peoples minds.
    They know they'll never be held accountable.
    And people walk around like morons with their self righteous face diapers on.
    This was so obvious back when during a Press Conference, Dr. Birx, (a.k.a. scarfs queen) was asked why there were no other types of deaths being reported. She stumbled trying to give some lame answer. President Trump standing beside her, turned, looked at her as she talked. He knew right then and there, he had been lied to. It was 2 days later when he announced that he wanted to start opening things back up by Easter. Ya'll remember that???? I watched it on T.V, SAW TRUMP'S reaction and I knew right then and there this was a sham and a scam by the Elites and Democrats to make another run at getting rid of him. So they get a 20% kick back??? THAT is a hell of allot of money. This needs to get at least to local stations and see WHO is willing to tell the truth. Major Media outlets wont. They are all in bed with defeating Trump anyway they can.
    Yep..they counted a guy who died from a motorcycle accident as a covid.
    a coworker just told me a story about his son's father-in-law passing away from leukemia and the hospital wanted to put covvid on the death certificate even though the man died from leukemia. You are an idiot you are propagandized and you don't even know it
    They want inflated numbers that will make Trump look bad and also cash out from dead people. Heartless

#1 barepixels, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  2. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,085
    Been saying this for months. Not like it was some sort of secret. Jurisdictions changed all of their 911 protocols specifically to indicate Covid even when Covid wasn't what the 911 call was about.

I'd just like to know why Biden hasn't spoken a word about taking care of other deadly matters like the seasonal flu that's here now.. and mental health deaths, suicide, overdose, DUI deaths, black-on-black murder, etc. You want to really make people listen? Talk about those things. But nooo.. Covid is all you've got.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. swings are free

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,005
    The numbers are complete BS.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  4. CraigSmith

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,650
    No real news there and the video doesn't even attempt to distinguish between immediate cause of death and underlying cause of death. They are two different things but both are supposed to be recorded on death certificates, along with intermediate contributing conditions.

One of the reasons for tracking these things is so that the medical and research community can identify how certain conditions may affect the body in the short and long term, and how they may affect persons with other underlying issues.

Covid counts are based on underlying cause of death, as are most other death statistics including automobile accidents, other types of trauma, other disease including cancers, Alzheimers, ALS etc.

An underlying cause of death can be a new event that eventually triggers death, or and event that triggers death with people with comorbidities who otherwise would not be expected to perish otherwise - at least in the near term (i.e. their conditions are controlled through treatment)

For example, if someone bleeds out due to trauma due to an auto accident, the immediate cause of death is the hemorrhaging of their blood, but trauma from auto accident will be the underlying cause of death and will be counted in statistics for auto accidents.

An ALS patient will die from respiratory failure but underlying cause of death will be ALS which cause a chain reaction if events in the body.

Cancer patents who succumb are typically identified of having succumbed to particular cancer has the underlying cause of death even though the immediate cause of death us usually something else (pneumonia, sepsis, heart failure, other organ failure).

Alzheimers causes an increase in amyloid beta deposits in the heart muscle which can lead to MI, which is how my mother passed. Immediate cause of death MI, Underlying cause of death Alzheimers. Counted in Alzheimers statistics. May also be counted in coronary statistics.

COVID, as is now well understood, can cause or make a person more susceptible to a number of other conditions including coronary and neurological conditions that can lead to death in both young and old patients, though more likely the older a person is. This is not unique to SARS-COV2. Even with influenza, many deaths occur from pneumonia after the infected person as beat the influenza virus, but the flu virus created conditions where pneumonia can take hold.

Correct and accurate completion of test certificates has long been an issue of training and sometimes differences of opinion on exact immediate and underlying cause of death. See Problems With Proper Completion and Accuracy of the Cause-of-Death Statement for an example paper on this topic. Autopsies are not performed on most people who have passed for non-criminal situation.

If you want to take the time to learn how death certificates are supposed to be filled out I suggest you read this article as it is very comprehensive (and written 14 years before COVID).

https://www.health.state.mn.us/people/vitalrecords/physician-me/docs/capcodbook.pdf

A shorter read

https://www-doh.state.nj.us/doh-shad/view/sharedstatic/UnderlyingCauseOfDeath.pdf

US Dept of HHS instructions for completing Cause of Death Section for Death Certificate

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/blue_form.pdf

You can actually go through some of the CDC training on recording cause of death here

NCHS Training - Improving Cause of Death Reporting

The CARES ACT added a 20% add on for COVID patients in addition to the standard rates called for under the DRG payment system that Medicare uses ( payments to don't apply to non-medicare patients covered by insurance). Aside from that 20% "bonus, Medicare pays the same rates for treatment of any type of respiratory illness requiring hospitalization. Irrespective of whether the patient lives or dies. That was added by Congress to the bill to help hospitals with loss of revenue from not treating other patients for somewhat elective issues or postponement of other treatments (e.g. hip or knee replacement). The is not much for hospitals to gain by inaccurate reporting as that would constitute fraud, which if prosecuted can result in criminal penalties and the loss of a DRs or Hospitals licensing to treat Medicare patients, which in many cases would put them out of business.

Medicare reimbursement for COVID patients ranges from around $13K to $50K on average (higher number would be for patients requiring ventilation < 96 hours). Cardiac events generally pay more than that. Its difficult to track this data down but it shows up in some articles and a very small number of hospitals actually publish it online.

one example is here for Medicare MS_DRG charges

Baptist Hospital MS-DRG Inpatient Charges

There are, of course regional variations to account for regional costs, but the ratios between different codes is would be the same.

Oh, and I do believe there is likely inaccurate reporting in some cases, and probably a small amount of intentionally inaccurate reporting for fraudulent purposes (that happened before covid).

I know someone whose loved one died and the underlying cause of death on their death certificate listed COVID. The family knew the person did not have COVID (backed up by medical records) and they were in hospice for something else. Though it was of no financial consequence to them they filed to get the certificate amended - and it was amended within two weeks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • List
  5. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,249
    Name:
    Larry M
    Your last paragraph is confusing to me.
    The death certificate listed covid as the cause even though it wasn't covid. How many deaths are listed as covid that aren't covid?
    Do we have to challenge all deaths that claim to be from covid?
    After reading your last paragraph makes me question the covid deaths.
    Otherwise a helpful read.

6. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,783
    A complex explanation to a complex problem that will be of no interest to those who think everything has to have a simple answer or is a conspiracy. Still a good answer though.

7. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,831
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352

ohhhhhhhhh we all should be questioning the covid deaths

8. CraigSmith

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,650
    Good question. I didn't provide the whole story. Some I cant. But it is my understanding there was a coding error when the form was submitted. When the family filed the appeal after getting copies of the certificate the Dr or whoever filed the original paperwork filed the amendment quickly.

I know a little bit (just a little) how coding errors can creep into documentation. Someone once put a code in for condition I had that indicated that it was a result of a pedestrian (me) being hit by a vehicle. It was a digit off from the correct code. A typo. Since it got in the system like that my medical insurance started coming to me for reimbursement since someone else was at fault, under the assumption that the at fault driver's insurance was paying me. Except it never happened. There was no accident. A bit of aggravation to get it sorted out.

I provided the example as the one case I directly know of that a death certificate erroneously listed COVID on one of the lines but it was easily established that it did not come into play. The family noticed and had it fixed. In this case it was fixed immediately. In CA, I don't know about other states but probably similar, an appeal can be made to challenge what is on a death certificate.

I have no reason to discount that other cases exist whether intentional or unintentional. Part of the story of the references that I provided early in that post was to show that there is a long history of inconsistency in reporting on death certificates, there is some subjectivity to filling to the cause of death sections, and mistakes can be made, much of which is unintentional. Also to show how multiple data points are tracked on death certificates. However I do not discount the possibility of intentional misrepresentation, though when tied to billing, that would be fraud, which would make it unlikely (which is not the same as saying "impossible"), that there is mass incorrect reporting.

9. CraigSmith

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,650
    We could form a new group

ACDC

Association of COVID Death Contesters.

(With apologies to Malcom (late) and Angus Young and the rest of the band).

10. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,249
    Name:
    Larry M
    I understand we are all human and mistakes are made.
    It just seems to me that covid is just a catch all for everything. I'm pretty sure that most of the deaths are from covid but to include it as the cause from other underlying conditions that the person may have just doesn't seem right to me.
    But that's just me with my layman opinion.
    Not a conspiracy but a SIMPLE solution to just put a covid toe tag on them.

11. CraigSmith

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,650
    I think there must be some sort of law of nature that anything related to government can't be simple. Even conspiracy theories that involve some aspect of government require some degree of complexity.