Child Camps

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MattL, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daddo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,387
    Than be normal and not a B-hole.
    That should be easy enough. Don't you think? And as always, respectfully.
    Who caught fish today??? I did. Windy as could be, but the bite was on!

2. Daddo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,387
    I know nothing of the travels you are doing, nor any experience fishing anywhere other than San Diego (born here and no travel). If you have some travel stuff to share, by all means...
    Maybe a new post to get away from all this heavy stuff...

3. Daddo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,387
    I visit, what I believe is, all of the major network news. CNN is dedicated to the promotion of failure of our President. As many have said before myself, isn't that the same as hoping the pilot fails while you're on board? Sounds kind of simple. Am I wrong? We put up with the most incredibly emdarrassing, humiliating failure of a President before the world for eight years and pretty much kept our tongues out of respect for the office. Finally a real President that will not be tread-on. I love it!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Rocketship

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,509
    Boat:
    Skeeter 21i
    I will do that!

5. Daddo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,387
    Robbie, you rate it funny but do you deny it as true?

6. MattL

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,289
    Name:
    MattL
    I'm in Cabo at the moment. Went to a public fishing jetty to round out the day with a few casts.

The jetty was fairly crowded. Pretty much the moment I found an open spot and set up, a young boy, maybe ten at the maximum, approached me to take a look at my equipment. Nothing special - an old shimano sahara coupled with a collapsible rod from Amazon. I let him hold it while he admired it.

Other children started taking notice and scrambled over across the big rocks. The first kid asked through gestures whether he could cast it. I said yes.

He climbed down to the edge of the water and started fishing with aplomb. I was shocked by how nimble his hands were, and how accurate and far he was casting.

He, along with an incrementally growing entourage of other kids, kept me company for about three hours. None of them spoke any English, and they were very patient with my embarrassing attempts at Spanish. One of them would cast my rod for a while, then hand it off to another kid. I cast for the smaller ones. They even let me get in a cast or two.

I could not have met better ambassadors for their culture. The prevalent air of hucksterism in Cabo was gone. They were grateful when I helped them and gave them little bits of gear (the girls were enamored with my glittery swimbaits). Never pushy. They diplomatically communicated their questions through my many confused reactions. They even did a good job of trying to hide the few jokes they made at the expense of the American who talked like a moron.

The thought of how they would be treated if their families crossed our border makes my bones ache. The thought of someone in a uniform hurting them, tearing them out of their parents' arms, the thought of the state grinding their lives under its heel, breaks my heart.

If you're a hardliner against immigration, that's one thing. I disagree with you but I don't consider it a monstrous position. Separating kids from their families, locking them up in big pens, breaking them on the wheel of law just because we can and because politicians think it's expedient, is monstrous. Making excuses for it is monstrous. Puffing your chest out, wrapping yourself in the American flag, burying your compassion and accusing people who don't of being "typical libs," is nauseating.

It's trite to say, but beyond all the byzantine legal arguments and layers of bad political precedent, there are human beings who suffer when we consciously do them harm.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,527
    My position is.. I'm 100% for LEGAL immigration. Since the current law tables ILLEGAL immigration as a federal crime, that means its criminal.. and someone will likely get jailed, deported or worse. Get that? If you're here legally, welcome. If you are here ILLEGALLY, you deserve to go down for your crime. No ifs, ands or buts needed here.

So my question to you is - respectfully, of course.. Did you feel the way you do while it was happening during the days of the Chosen One, Obama? Because I keep seeing and hearing everyone bleed and complain, but they're bleeding like the wound just occurred. This wound has been there for many years, so no more "yanky my wanky" okay? I just think it's silly how now all of a sudden, everyone takes issue with the way the law was written and the way things have been done for years. I also think its rather silly how media people that once had MAJOR credibility in this country, are now considered to be non-credible because they risked it all and chose to lie and manipulate their news stories by using false dates, cropped images and still images that captured a moment to be easily named. Funny how that happens with still images, isnt it? You can make them into anything you want them to be.

Did anyone else enjoy the image of Obama playing with himself under the formal dining table back at the infancy of his first term in office? No one said anything about it. Poor guy was merely retrieving a piece of lettuce that had fallen onto his lap. But someone decided to earmark it as "Obama plays with himself while eating with dignitaries." So frigging stupid.

And those of you that are falling for the manipulated still images and misleading/false information, good for you. Keep falling. This is a small part my job. I'm involved to a degree. No one knows the honest dollar truth of what's really going on better than those of us who are badged and see it day after day. But no one asks us because knowing that truth will tear down their made-up diatribes and Photoshopped pictures. No one wants to hear the truth because it doesn't fit in with their agenda of constantly badgering the President. I understand. In honesty though, you're probably better off not knowing because I don't think anyone who's not in the industry would believe the reality of it all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. MattL

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,289
    Name:
    MattL
    Obama was terrible on immigration and his administration laid all the groundwork for Trump to come in and ratchet things up to full gestapo mode. I don't know what the hell "yanky my wanky" means but if you're trying to pin me as an Obama apologist hypocrite your squeeze won't get the juice.

I don't care if these families immigrated illegally. We need standards of conduct. Such as not crowbarring them apart as an intimidation tactic.

Let's assume the child separations aren't some media conspiracy, as you seem to be implying they are. What's your reaction? How do you feel listening to the audio of children screaming and weeping and begging to see their families?

9. kciuchta

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,502
    Name:
    Kenny
    7 out of the 8 pages (thus far) on this thread were AFTER the executive order to stop the separation policy, just sayin.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. MattL

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,289
    Name:
    MattL
    It's good that the policy was reversed. Still an extremely frightening episode that betrays our government's contempt for Mexican immigrants. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.

11. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,956
    Name:
    Larry M
    I was going to post about President Obama and detainees but you said it all in your frist paragraph.
    IMO I believe that these migrants are being coached by immigration lawyers and others on what to say to enter this country. Nothing wrong with that, they need to do whatever they need to do.
    But it's not fair for those who enter the U.S. legally and have to wait years to become citizens.
    As far as the children are concerned I'm sure that everyone here who has or had little ones feel for them.
    This has been going on for a long time and as long as both parties are hell bent not to let each other get what they want it's not going to change.
    Have a good one, Matt

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,527
    Matt, all Im trying to say is that the separation of adults/children has been going on for years. I'd like to know (from the Lib side of the fence) why all of a sudden this has become an issue? Is it because no one minded when Obama was Pres? Is it because no one cared about it while Obama was Pres? Or is it because the media continues to ramp-up on anything it can get its hands on so that the Trump train comes to a grinding halt? Its okay to speak freely to me. Im really just trying to figure out why all the Libs are just now complaining when they've had years to do it under a Democratic Pres.

And PS again... I was never and have never been in favor of family separations. I will though ALWAYS be in favor of holding those that immigrate ILLEGALLY accountable for the federal crime they chose to commit. I know alot of you think the US should just look the other way. And thats great with me... just as long as your group assumes responsibility for the fun times ahead and pays out all the taxes for all the free money, free healthcare, free housing and free entitlement programs that we've become s famous for..

"No more yanky my wanky" was a line in a movie from the 80's called "Sixteen Candles" that starred Molly Ringwald and a young Anthony Michael Hall. Maybe somewhat before your time, I assume. The true line was, "No more yanky my wanky, the Donger need food !"

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Daddo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,387
    Quite familiar with acronyms thank you. But are you actually of an adult mind? It appears, no...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Daddo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,387
    Another acronym. Clever.
    And?

15. Daddo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,387
    I,m bored.

16. Daddo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,387
    I dont mind.

17. MattL

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,289
    Name:
    MattL
    I think the point you make in the first paragraph is entirely on the money. People on the left went to sleep when Obama took office because just like people on the right, they care about image more than policy. Obama was in most ways distinguishable from Bush on an optics level alone. He earned the title "Deporter In Chief."

Doesn't mean what Trump is doing isn't as horrifying as the liberals are saying, just because their brains came back online after the election and they got loud again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  18. MattL

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,289
    Name:
    MattL
    I also want to say, in regards to the "just immigrate legally" argument, that we've made it virtually impossible for immigrants to attain American citizenship. Faced with a choice between living a life of abject poverty in Mexico, engulfed in crime, violence and hopelessness, and making a grab (that will always be defacto illegal because of how punitive our immigration system is) at a relatively dignified life in the United States, I would probably choose to roll the dice. I think most people would. Do you hold starving people to the same moral standard if they steal an apple as someone well-fed?

19. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,956
    Name:
    Larry M
    Didn't America have a revolution because of unfair conditions.
    Maybe it's time for Mexican citizens to stand up, not violently, and drain the swamp. Hold politicians accountable, get rid of corruption in the police department.
    Mexico is a beautiful country, there's so much opportunity there if people weren't sheep.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  20. Rocketship

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,509
    Boat:
    Skeeter 21i

So it's ok to steal something that someone else worked for just because you think you need it more...that is what you're saying here. Disgusting.

This thought process, held mainly by those who want everyone else's stuff whilst not work for it, also known as liberals, is behind all of the major problems in our country.

Self absorbed yet feel righteous. "Expert" opinions on things they've never seen, just what they're told by their masters. Claim to be progressive but strive for an unobtainable Utopian society. Insist they're are tolerant while simultaneously spewing hateful, nasty vocal garbage in the most intolerant of displays. Entitled, as if they've earned something. Hypocritical in most everything, especially in the area of charity, real charity like taking into their homes homeless or illegal immigrants, people whom they claim they care for yet never inconvenience themselves in any way for...

This will kill the USofA...which must be their goal.