Child Camps

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MattL, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,558
    Really? So "illegal immigration" is comparable to stealing a 10 cent apple? Is that all there is? Geezuz come on. So much drama over this stuff. This is simple.. Commit a FEDERAL crime, pay the price. Steal an apple and then.. steal another one tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day..and the next. Why? because no one cares about apples. And I didn't vote for Trump put up a wall around all the apple orchards in town. I voted for him because he saw the need for a real wall to built at the border.. and because he said everything Americans have wanted to say for a long time, but couldnt for fear of retaliation, physical violence and a host of other reasons.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. kciuchta

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,518
    Name:
    Kenny
    I agree with the general logic, but it's not exactly... apples to apples.

3. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,558
    It just is what it is. Conservatives want people held accountable for their actions. Libs want to run around with no responsibility/accountability whatsoever. Its a typical laziness thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,973
    Name:
    Larry M
    Here we go. This happened four years ago so I guess that it's old news and not revelant.
    Let's use the finger emoji and drop the F-bomb on President Obama.

Screenshot_2018-06-25-13-28-07-1.png

Screenshot_2018-06-25-13-28-31-1.png

Screenshot_2018-06-25-13-28-46-1.png

Screenshot_2018-06-25-13-29-06-1.png

Screenshot_2018-06-25-13-29-17-1.png

Screenshot_2018-06-25-13-29-29-1.png

Screenshot_2018-06-25-13-29-55-1.png

Screenshot_2018-06-25-13-30-39-1.png

5. kciuchta

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,518
    Name:
    Kenny
    This talks about poor living conditions rather than kids being separated from adults/families. I challenge everyone to show me something proving that kids were separated from families/accompanying adults from years 2009-2016. That will pretty much shut down the debate, and I haven't found it.

6. Rocketship

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,509
    Boat:
    Skeeter 21i

Seems pretty direct to me. Who else would he be speaking to on that one?

7. Rocketship

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,509
    Boat:
    Skeeter 21i
    I read all that.

I'm addressing the part where you said he can't address you straight up. I was saying that it seems pretty direct to me.

8. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,973
    Name:
    Larry M
    Ok, no other president went to this extreme . I'll give you that. And I honestly do have feelings for the children.
    Spend a couple of hours on Google, funny I did find some information on stats from Presidents Bush and Obama about children being separated that can't be found by researchers.
    Under President Obama I did find how he deported fathers leaving the children separated. Not quite the same but still inhumane.
    Now I'm jam packed with all kinds of Google information rattling around in my mind. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,558
    Rocket..It wasn't "meanness" in the sense of the word.. it was simple and direct disrespect for anyone that didn't agree with him. It was high school revisited, as I'm sure you read. When the verbal disrespect starts flying like it did, I will most always bow out just because there's just no sense in it. It's just a sad state of affairs when it goes down that road.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Rocketship

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,509
    Boat:
    Skeeter 21i
    What? You clearly stated that he indirectly addressed you and that he didn't do so straight up. I'm saying that it was rather clear to me that it was directly addressed to you. What does he need to speak up about? What assumption is mine?

11. Rocketship

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,509
    Boat:
    Skeeter 21i
    I am guilty of that too so I guess I can't say much here...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,558
    There's a distinct difference.. you're aware.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,283
    First off Obama absolutly seperated children from there parents. His dreamer policy seperated many familys and put children in danger as they were making the dangerous jorney by themselves. Many were raped and put into tge sex trade during this jorney. Then when they got here they were in fact detained. A big difference then holding the childeren in a separate camp ratger then locking them up with there parents until they see a judge. We seperate children from there parents all the time if there parents commit a crime and go to jail. I guess the left needs some good old emotion to try to win this fall.

14. MattL

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,289
    Name:
    MattL
    Regarding the apple metaphor and the subsequent losing of the collective marbles over it - the point is that Mexican immigrants are driven to immigrate by critical material circumstances, not by criminal nature. If someone is on the brink of starving to death and they steal an apple, that's not the same crime as someone with money doing it. Same applies to illegal immigration. These people are supposed to stay in Mexico out of "respect for the law" when they and their children are in imminent mortal danger of being killed by cartels or killed by overwhelming poverty? Especially when there is no reasonable legal pathway for them to attain American citizenship through?

Take a drive through Tijuana and look at the endless slumscapes of corrugated aluminum houses and tell me you wouldn't want a shot at a dignified life if you lived there, even if you had to break the laws of a country whose government despises you to do it.

15. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,283
    Oh is little Robbie upset today. I know SCOTUS upholding Trumps travel ban as constitutional got you all teary eyed. Oh poor baby, Trump won again. After living through Obama I learned chicken soup can really help. With the Russian thing looking like it was cooked up, whats next? Maybe some policy? No just the same old everyone that is not a nutjob is a racist. Sleep well little Robbie only six more years of Trump winning.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,283
    Same to you pal.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,283
    Stealing an apple is stealing an apple. Is it stupid to risk jail if you can afford it? Yes but it is the same crime. The victim may show mercy to the hungry as I think most would, however the crime is the same. Take Snowden, he commited a crime for a cause. Some see him as a criminal, hero, victim. That is why we have blind justice. If a law is broken for the greater good then the law breaker may become a martyr for the cause and do some jail time. It is a personal choice.

18. Rocketship

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,509
    Boat:
    Skeeter 21i
    Dude...come on...what you're saying here is that if anyone says anything in anyway that doesn't fit in your idea of the way you should be addressed then it is unacceptable. That's pretty closed minded man. Why do you care so much how things are addressed? Now it's not only what we can say it's how we can say it too??? I mean, bruh, seriously?

19. Rocketship

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,509
    Boat:
    Skeeter 21i
    ...ok...cool story bro.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. kciuchta

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,518
    Name:
    Kenny
    The problem I'm having is that I've seen no evidence of child separation other than people saying there was. I'm not calling people liars, I'm asking for the evidence. Dreamer is a policy, so saying that it is directly responsible for people being raped and trafficked I think is a stretch as those victims still chose to make the journey. I don't know that changing the US immigration laws/policies can be responsible for what happens to people in other countries on their way here. Ultimately that's the fault of those countries. I'm asking what happened to people once they stepped onto American soil. That is the point when our laws take effect. There is plenty of evidence of children being housed in a different place than the adults they arrived with due to crossing the border at places other than a port of entry. Refugee or not, that's our law/policy/due process, like it or not. Of course that law hasn't changed in years, so asking for evidence of how the law has been enforced in the past is fair. If there's no past evidence of it, then it's a Trump problem. If someone shows me that Obama and Bush enforced the law same as Trump, then it's clear to me that it's a problem with that law and the media/grand standing politicians are out for Trump.