ClimateGate, new to many of you that only get news

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by otay michael, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otay michael

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,188
    ClimateGate, new to many of you that only get news from 'biased sources', so catch up now... Yep, I have not seen much (nothin) from 'regular news stations' (ie liberal press), maybe that is why I have not seen many replies to my post on the old 'global warming= higher gas prices' post from a while back. You've been held in the dark.

Well, here is even more I found on what is now being called ClimateGate, here:
    http://www.wikio.com/sciences/environment/global_warming

Love some of the lead-ins of the blogs.

Trouble in the Church of Global WarmingPrairiePundit (Free subscription) | 12 hours ago

Wesley Pruden: Can this marriage be saved? The union of junk scientists, on the prowl for government handouts to pay for their computer games, and eager politicians sniffing an enormous new source of tax revenue was a match made in a dark alley. The always gullible mainstream media was the guest at the wedding, and everybody won. Only the public was duped. The global warming scam is in trouble because...

Global warming religion becoming a Joke...Tom Nelson (Free subscription) | 13 hours ago

Global warming religion becoming a Joke - Blogger News Network The problem is that Climate Change is now a religion, with celebrations and sins. Dogma means simplifying things so that you don’t have to think of complicated things. Australia: Carbon trading legislation triggers Liberal party “meltdownâ€

2. otay michael

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,188
    More news not 'yet' reported by mainstream media (I learn on Drudgereport.com a week ahead of channel 8 and 10 news on this stuff (like Acorn of San Diego getting busted throwing 20,000 pages of paperwork wanted by the Atty. Gen. of Calif. in the trash!), they will have to soon. So, you now know more than 99% of the S.D. public!

Check out these headlines on Drudge with links to the national media that have posted them:

(By the way, ClimateGate is the term given for what's happened. This is from the new website ClimateGate.org http://www.climate-gate.org/

Climategate Overview:
    On November 19, 2009, climate science was severely shaken by the release of a collection of email messages, together with a collection of data and data processing programs, that were hacked or revealed by a whistle blower from the University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit (CRU), one of the key centers of global warming research. These emails and text files have been the subject of intense debate, calling to question assumptions on anthropogenic (man-made) global warming...

How to Forge a Consensus

"The impression left by the Climategate emails is that the global warming game has been rigged from the start."
    [url=http://online.wsj.com/articl...line.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... lenews_wsj[/url]

"Pretending the climate email leak isn't a crisis won't make it go away"...

"Climate sceptics have lied, obscured and cheated for years. That's why we climate rationalists must uphold the highest standards of science"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/georgemonbiot/2009/nov/25/monbiot-climate-leak-crisis-response

Climategate e-mails sweep America, may scuttle Barack Obama's Cap and Trade laws

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/g...may-scuttle-barack-obamas-cap-and-trade-laws/

Carry on-

3. otay michael

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,188
    Re:ClimateGate, new news to many of you

ClimateGate, the new 'inconvenient truth'.

Hi everyone, here is a quick overview of what 'cap and trade (tax)' is, and how it will cost you money, maybe your job, in the near future if it passes in Copenhagen next month, and explains why these newly released e-mails are now 'an inconvenient truth' to those promoting the Global Change myth (sure, we do pollute as a people to some extent, but not 'earth destroying' like they claim is what we are talking here, especially with all the restraints US industry now has to keep things 'clean and green' ).

Only takes one minute to read and is easy to understand:
    http://www.heritage.org/Research/Economy/wm1723.cfm

More on Copenhagen and Obama 'Cap and Tax':
    http://www.nocapandtrade.com/category/copenhagen-treaty/

4. frenchman

frenchman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Re:ClimateGate, new news to many of you

Exactly. So called "Cap and Trade" actually means "Send more jobs to India and China and charge you more for everything". Bogus. Thanks EPA.

5. otay michael

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,188
    ClimateGate, MORE new news

More ClimateGate news just out today, this thing is really HEATING UP (note they no longer call it Global Warming, but Climate Change, as they found out it's now been cooling down now 10 straight years, 'baffling' the baffoo, I mean, scientists!)

UK HEAD climate scientist to temporarily step down

LONDON (AP) - Britain's University of East Anglia says the director of its prestigious Climatic Research Unit is stepping down pending an investigation into allegations that he overstated the case for man-made climate change.

The university says Phil Jones will relinquish his position until the completion of an independent review into allegations that he worked to alter the way in which global temperature data was presented.

The allegations were made after more than a decade of correspondence between leading British and U.S. scientists were posted to the Web following the security breach last month.

The e-mails were seized upon by some skeptics of man-made climate change as proof that scientists are manipulating the data about its extent.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9CAM0VG0&show_article=1

SIDENOTE: I wrote Channel 8 News a few days ago asking where this important news is on their site, have not heard back! Surprising how long it takes mainstream media to pick things up they don't want to mention isn't it?

6. otay michael

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,188
    ClimateGate, AND NOW EVEN MORE new news

Criminal. This thing has grown legs, but a friend I fished with today had not heard a thing about it still!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703939404574566124250205490.html

"Consider the case of Phil Jones, the director of the CRU and the man at the heart of climategate. According to one of the documents hacked from his center, between 2000 and 2006 Mr. Jones was the recipient (or co-recipient) of some $19 million worth of research grants, a sixfold increase over what he'd been awarded in the 1990s.

Why did the money pour in so quickly? Because the climate alarm kept ringing so loudly: The louder the alarm, the greater the sums. And who better to ring it than people like Mr. Jones, one of its likeliest beneficiaries?"

7. chamala

chamala Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Wow, interesting stuff. I enjoy reading about this stuff. Just one tiny question though. Doesn't the fact that the earth has been cooling for 10 straight years, support the theory of global warming? I was taught it isn't necessarily a warming that will occur.Thats what the teachers would have us think anyway. Correct me if I've misunderstood.
    I agree that most policies are crap though.
    Keep postin if you find more, I enjoy them. Thanks!

8. otay michael

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,188
    Hey, I'm learning along with you, good on ya...

But, many folks take this lightly, as they don't see how it's going to affect them- YET. But you see, there are going to be major gas and electric hikes, as in many hundreds of dollars per year! Will that affect you? Only if you are not on welfare or living at your parents house :-/

Why quadruple your rates? It's to make you use less and to 'fine' you for creating more 'global warming' if you do. Plus, the added fees to business (they always have to pass it on to consumers) will really affect the price you'LL pay for EVERYTHING! -See many of the warnings about 'CAP AND TRADE (again, trade meaning 'tax' ).

But since most of you care about your pocketbook, the following is for you. The more they report you affect the atmosphere, the more you will have to pay, get it?

The following site spells it out fairly well, with graphs, how the miniscule amount of effect humans have, unlike what a lot of folks/professors are 'feeding' us. (I had no idea we affected the atmosphere as little as we do, fell for the hype I guess).

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html

Water Vapor Rules
    the Greenhouse System

Just how much of the "Greenhouse Effect" is caused by human activity?

It is about 0.28%, if water vapor is taken into account-- about 5.53%, if not.

This point is so crucial to the debate over global warming that how water vapor is or isn't factored into an analysis of Earth's greenhouse gases makes the difference between describing a significant human contribution to the greenhouse effect, or a negligible one.

Water vapor constitutes Earth's most significant greenhouse gas, accounting for about 95% of Earth's greenhouse effect (4). Interestingly, many "facts and figures' regarding global warming completely ignore the powerful effects of water vapor in the greenhouse system, carelessly (perhaps, deliberately) overstating human impacts as much as 20-fold.

Water vapor is 99.999% of natural origin. Other atmospheric greenhouse gases, carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4), nitrous oxide (N2O), and miscellaneous other gases (CFC's, etc.), are also mostly of natural origin (except for the latter, which is mostly anthropogenic).

image270f.gif

Human activites contribute slightly to greenhouse gas concentrations through farming, manufacturing, power generation, and transportation. However, these emissions are so dwarfed in comparison to emissions from natural sources we can do nothing about, that even the most costly efforts to limit human emissions would have a very small-- perhaps undetectable-- effect on global climate. ...

again, con't here:
    http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html

Attached Files:

9. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,966
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    I've read a lot about these emails, but have not seen any of them. Where are they?

Michael, this reminds me of the religion of evolution; if enough smart people in white coats say something, it must be true. Facts? We don't need no stinking facts!

10. Roy Justice

Roy Justice Original Member
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +94
    I wonder if anybody cares about whats best for the country/world anymore or if the sole motivation is to catch the "other" guys in a lie, to discredit them and tip the scales of power back the other way.

Rush Limbaugh is just a twitter with Climate Gate, he is like a pig in slop as he puts it "it's all beginning to unravel now" you can hear the giddiness in his voice. Probably the same way libs were over "watergate".

11. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,966
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Roy, it's not about who wins or loses. Billions of dollars are being spent for no appreciable effect, nor will any effect be able to be accurately measured.

Remember the R-12 refrigerant debacle? Huge change over to a new product to save the ozone layer?

I'm all for stewardship of our God-given resources, but this planet will not last forever.

12. chamala

chamala Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Hey, I'm learning along with you, good on ya...

Very interesting. thanks for the explanation. BTW, I saw just a small news spot about the leaking of the e-mails this morning. Of course they didnt say much about it, it just scrolled the news along the bottom. Old news to us though! Thanks Michael!

13. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,966
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Every day it is becoming more incredible that this story is not the lead on every network news outlet.

Not only does it reveal the manipulation of junk science, but it shows that we have been purposely deceived!

Much more that being an Inconvenient Lie, this is criminal.

14. otay michael

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,188
    Re:ClimateGate, LA Times FINALLY picked up on it..

I hear you, it's frustrating to know they are keeping 80% of the people in the dark, according to the LA Times, which FINALLY wrote something on it TODAY!

Here is the letter I just sent to Channel 8 news, cc'd to every department that was relevant, calling them out on it.

"Dear Channel 8 News staff, there is breaking news over at the LA Times which we had informed you of days ago:

Take back Al Gore's Oscar, two Academy members demand in light of Climategate

(and here is the sad part, our local news 8 is part of, and will remain part of for how long?) "...The television news-watching world in America has not learned much about the so-called Climategate scandal because it has not really been mentioned on the air ..."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/12/al-gore-oscar-global-warming.html

We had e-mailed you guys about this a few days ago, wanting some info as we’d heard rumors of the, probable/maybe, ‘story of the year’ but wanted facts, but never heard back. We hope you now all feel it’s OK to do a story on it. It’s becoming old news to 20% of the public, but 80% don’t have a clue. Is it time they heard what’s happened and how scientists are stepping down from positions over this, both here and abroad?

On the other hand, we applaud Channel 10, at least they have something about it, finally, on their site as of yesterday. I don’t know if they read it on air.

Michael

for Michael and Valerie Seewald

cc Channel 10 news. Joel Davis, Jeff Block,