concerning that Dem. Natl Conv

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by otay michael, Aug 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otay michael

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,819
    and the Muslim that got so much attention-
    interesting things coming to light about that guy...

"Khizr Khan, the Muslim "Gold Star Father" who harangued Americans at the Democratic National Convention, with a mute, hijab-wearing wife at his side, is just another in a long string of human shields liberals send out to defend their heinous policies. The "Jersey Girls" were the classic example, first described..." con't here: http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2016-08-03.html

2. scisports

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,159
    There is no logic in this proposed ban of all Muslims. All it will do is grow more terrorists.

Remember WWII? We chose as a country to confiscate property and place law abiding Japanese Americans in internment camps, all unconstitutionally by the way. Can we not learn from our historic mistakes and stop this hateful rhetoric?

Immigration control? Yes. Background screens? Yes. But wholesale banning of all Muslims? Where would it stop? Would we ban people of Christian faith that looked like a religious Muslim? How about Muslims from Indonesia who have no ties to Terrorism? How about Caucasian people that have converted to Islam? Like most of Trump's policies they are not thought out and would create massive foreign policy problems leading to more violence, not less.

I truly don't see the problem in Khan's speech, and don't understand the wrath with which he is portrayed by some, especially when his son, a Muslim, died to protect the liberties we all hold so dear. If that guy was any other ethnicity he would be praised. This is sickening.

3. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,114
    Boat:
    Montauk
    Ann Coulter? Hmmmm...

4. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,048
    Trump wanted to temporarily ban Muslims from countries that are terrorist hot spots. I know you prefer a policy like Europe that allowed them to come into a country,take over neighborhoods, and impose sharia law in those neighborhoods.
    As far as Kahn goes, he made his living selling visas to wealthy foreigners. He attacked Trump first. Trump attacked back. I am sorry it made you so sick. He had the right to make that speech and Trump had the right to respond and thanks for demonstrating exactly how the left uses false anger and pretends to be offended. Not one word about what the left said about Pat Smith . She is a Gold Star mother also. She spoke out against Hillary at the RNC. Hillary called her a liar. Chris Matthews said what she said was gross and he didn't care about her feelings. Another reporter said he wanted to beat her to death. Not one word about that. So take your false "sickening" elsewhere. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +25,645
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Yeah, any conservative is highly suspect! No liberal lying going on!

6. scisports

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,159
    Trump's original comment was to ban ALL Muslims. Only later were his handlers able to persuade him to tone it down. All Trump said was how his wife was silent. So what? Do we know if she even speaks English? Perhaps she's not a good public speaker. That whole angle is irrelevant.

Pat Smith is as honorable and has sacrificed just as much as any other gold star family. Of course she would feel the way she did toward Hillary, which is why RNC put her up there. Despite many hearings led by the GOP, no charges. Was it a tragedy? Yes. Were mistakes made? Yes. Is this any different than the about 60 embassy personnel that were killed during the Bush administration? I don't think so.

RNC used the grief of this poor woman for political gain. Both Smith and Khan should be praised. Have not been able to track down the reporter allegations at the end of the post, but if they are truthfully represented, then they are reprehensible.

7. scisports

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,159
    Update: The shoals tweet: Reprehensible, he should lose his job.

Matthews: If you read the entire response, I think the excerpt was amplified out of context, but I disagree with his statement that he doesn't care about her feelings. That's too much.

Latest poll: Hillary up 15points. And all she did was stay quiet. Trump is hurting his own campaign and dividing the GOP.

8. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,048
    Google Chris Matthews comments not hard to find. The other was a reporter for GQ magazine. Those are only a few. I love how when one side has a Gold Star parent it is using there grief and when your side does it, it's giving okay. Another more of your hypocrisy. The difference is after her son was killed Hillary Clinton lied to the family as to why it happened. They were pinned down for hours begging for help and Hillarys state department ignored them and let them die.

9. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +25,645
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    I said from the start that this Trump thing was the perfect storm to put Hillary in the White House. Just shows how utterly stupid the populace has become.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,779
    Trump's original comment was to temporarily ban all Muslims until 'they' (he may have said an official group) get a handle on things. Taking it literal it would not work.

Officer: Are you Muslim?
    Muslim (with bad intentions): Ummm - no, I am not.
    Officer: You may enter.

I think Trump says things in very simplistic terms to represent a bigger plan. Not very good at communicating his intentions. Unless that is his explicit intention - but I just can't see someone being that ignorant and this far along.

11. Troy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,033
    All these racist rallying behind trump... can't wait for him to loose... so we can hear them complain for 8 more years.... snoozer...

12. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,048
    Once again another example of race baiting left and Islam is not a race.

13. Rocketship

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,903
    Boat:
    Skeeter 21i
    Here's that race card again. If you don't agree with the far left, you're a racist!

I think Trump is terrible. Hillary is just more terrible in my opinion and there's no viable third option. So, in your eyes I'm a racist. Sounds real "progressive" there, Sport...

Try having some original thought instead of just letting race baiters catch you in their hate nets to spread an irrational agenda. I wish that was a snoozer but it's too frightening how ignorant Americans are and how easily they are goaded into thought processes. You're part of that team. Congratulations, you made it, Champ!

14. Troy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,033
    I am actually a republican. Hate Hillary and trump. I don't think anyone here honestly thinks they are great choices. ignorant Americans are the ones who get excited about trumps "wall" thinking a wall is going to help is pretty ignorant. Thinking that Hillary really cares about the middle class is equally ignorant.Banning an entire religion or banning people from a certain place in the world or country is not American. We bring people in when times are the toughest that's what makes us who we are.

15. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,048
    A wall will work that is why the pro illegal immigration folks are against it. To think a wall along with a security force doesn't keep people out is pretty ignorant as is letting in Muslims refugees that don't have any interest in embracing the American lifestyle but would rather live by sharia law. A set of rules that discriminates against women,Jews,Christians, gays, any non Muslim. We are not talking about people coming to embrace the American dream.

#15 Medicated fisherman, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,048
    Are you because your first post doesn't sound like it.
    That sounds like you're a lib that has been happy with the fact that Obama has been sticking it to us for the last 8 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. scisports

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,159
    You sir give me hope that the GOP may eventually become relevant again!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. bassgalrascal

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,331
    2426234-bacon_sandwich.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Troy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,033
    And bush stuck it too us before Obama or did you forget? Obama took over a mess any honest republican or dem knows this.

20. Troy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,033
    You do realize most people who are hear illegally come across legally? They just over stay their visit. Sorry man but a wall isn't the answer. It's a big waste of our money. Most likely if they believe in sharia law they are happy with ISIL and have no need to leave. I am worried about the other 99% of peaceful people from that region who hate terrorist as much as we do. My best friends mom and dad are from Aleppo, moved here over 30 years ago. They are so patriotic they make us look like turn coats haha.