Corbina and Yellowfin Croaker Trends

Discussion in 'Surf, Piers, & Jetties' started by Nickheid, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Nickheid

Nickheid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Hey guys! Over the last 2 years, I’ve kept detailed records of all my catches and logged the conditions and optimal times for catches. I put together these charts that essentially show the seasonal trends for surf fishing in San Diego in terms of Croaker and Corbina Fishing. It’s a little skewed because I don’t fish as much in the winter, but either way I think it’s some really cool data and I wanted to share it with you guys. Here’s the link: https://surffishingsocalsd.com/best-time-of-year-for-surf-fishing-sand-diego/

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  2. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +42,856
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Interesting stuff...

3. perch killer

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,636
    Your charts more or less compare to the journals I've been keeping the past 4-5 years . . . June through October are the best months. Fairly simple, as the water warms and sand crabs show up, so do the corbina, croakers and everything else. Personally, 2019 was not as good as 2017 & 2018 when water temps were warmer. Lots of fish last year but mostly smallish, very few quality size to harvest compared to 2017 & 18. Just my take on it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List