Corona Virus Is Not A LIving Organism

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by plako, Mar 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plako

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +949
    Here is a very interesting explanation for COVID-19, how long it lives on various surfaces and how to better protect yourself. There is also a link to WaPo article but I don't have substription nor wanted to try it even for $1 first month. A few quotes:

"The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.

Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.

The corona virus is little more than a packet of genetic material surrounded by a spiky protein shell one-thousandth the width of an eyelash, and leads such a zombielike existence that it’s barely considered a living organism.

But as soon as it gets into a human airway, the virus hijacks our cells to create millions more versions of itself.

The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own."
    "
    SOME MORE POINTS
    (from a community chat, summarized by a Professor of Infectious Diseases at John Hopkins University)

HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.

Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.

Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.

NO BACTERICIDE SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; they cannot kill what is not alive with anthobiotics, but quickly disintegrate its structure with everything said.

NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, because it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates). ), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic). But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.

The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars. They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.

The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin."
    All very consistent with the YouTube video shared earlier here.

• Helpful Helpful x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • List
  2. von_smozel

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +952
    Ahhhhh HEAT! So THATS why Trump keeps saying this rapidly growing vicious pandemic will miraculously disappear around April or so, y'know - when the weather warms up.
    I thought he was just spewing more dangerous, harmful misinterpretations of expert scientific data. Turns out he really IS a genius!!! A genius even more stable than anything we've ever seen before in the history of this country, no - THE WORLD - has ever seen! Hooooorayyyy!!!!

The next fact-free Trump coronavirus "task-force" address is just minutes away. Can't wait to see what Stable Genius is gonna enlighten us with next!
    Hopefully that moron Dr. Anthony "smarty pants" Fauci won't be there to confuse us with all his "scientific expertise". I mean, i wish that guy would quit steppin all over POTUS d**k already! Find someone else to c-block, bro!
    Fear not America, we'll aaaaall be able to pack those churches on Easter sunday and be back to work on Monday to fulfill our only purpose as dignified human beings - making rich people richer so they can enjoy their hard-earned bonuses that they have sacrificed their lives for.
    God Bless America! God Bless Wall Street!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,468
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    butthurt cream.JPG

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,400
    Name:
    Larry M

Screenshot_2020-03-15-07-30-22-1-1.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  5. von_smozel

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +952
    Feel free to offer an actual rebuttal Larry, i'm not here to play politics. I'm calling out our elected officials for their clear and obvious failures - "ON BOTH SIDES".
    You guys are just used to the echo chamber that is The Lounge.
    Sorry to remind some of you about your very loud and persistent expectations and criticisms of our previous president - WHO WAS ALSO FULL OF **** IN HIS OWN RIGHT. Did you forget the responsibilities of the office?? Maybe if Trump wears a tan colored suit while conducting bizness, you'll be reminded of those same standards.
    So if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm not the whiny p****y *** MSNBC libtards you may be used to picking on - you know, the ones that bask in their own ignorance and self-righteousness and can't see the rain past their rainbow flag.
    You got the wrong one here, but i'm sure there are others around that you can roast with your memes. (Sad that social media has completely perverted the original concept of "the meme").
    Anyone else wanna defend this non-sense that is being pulled by our two-faced one-party government and the clear incompetence of this president?
    The obvious "corporate welfare" and industry "bailouts" in the name of "the American Worker"...sounds kinda familiar, like we've seen this somewhere before.
    Go ahead and criticize your favorite Dem target i promise you won't hurt my feelings or insult my intelligence. I'm not a partisan patsy, i'm not gonna make it easy on you. I'm here to break ground. I have a little more time on my hands to drop in and offer something different - an actual opinion based on what i see, not just what i'm told to believe, not just what comforts my ego.
    Werfless replied to something i wrote the other day, saying something to the effect of "things won't change until we have a third party alternative" but we just keep on towing the line, we keep on laying the tracks that we will eventually die on.
    Wake up and take your mind back. Let's be the change. Let's set the new standard. Let's set the example. Let's stop allowing ourselves to be marketed and pandered to, to be used as political vessels for career grifter.
    Where are all the Christians here??? The ones that pushed the "death panel" narrative of the ACA? This president and his cronies and the majority of bi-partisan senators clearly want people to endanger their health and the health of their families ASAP in the name of "the economy".
    Give me a freakin break already. If no one else wants to put their nuts out there and call this s*** out than i'm happy to be the fall guy!
    Rant over :) I still respect you guys, harsh words aside. You are worthy of more than what is being offered to you. I just hope some of you re-discover this dignity and self-respect in the name of your humanity.
    Otherwise these forums amount to nothing more than a tired echo-chamber and waste
    of precious time and energy.
    Also suggest you guys can find the time, if at all possible, to actually watch and/or listen to these pressers in their entirety, they are a complete train wreck no matter what channel or station you catch them on, and reveal the true intentions and interests of the powers that be. There is little to defend and much to criticize.
    Best wishes and good health to all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. Tommy Chang

Tommy Chang sicka than your average.
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,552
    Boat:
    almost. back.
    hey plako. random question. what do you do for work.?

7. Tommy Chang

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,552
    Boat:
    almost. back.
    good post. I like what you wrote here. new party? one can only hope. Sounds a tad idealistic to me, and unrealistic for now? Who knows maybe with the next generation it maybe possible. But as you can see, with the grumpy old republicans here, it wont ever happen till they're gone. I'm similar to you, but stopped participating in the peoples' attempts to show blind loyalty, (both sides) like the other guy, one guy. He's so American he had to shake peoples hands. lol i mean jesus fkn christ. I'm American, but I dont want to help cause the increase of this ****. Chances are if you get it, you might be ok. but its to help people who are more vulnerable. Your friend's dad, your neighbor with the disability, your grandparents, your old fishing buddy, or whoever is more vulnerable to it. People r selfish n fkn retarded. stay safe

-a not too pleased republican.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,400
    Name:
    Larry M
    Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. it seemed to fit your angry rant about Trump. Of course if he didn't say anything you would no doubt be criticizing that. No matter what he does or will say you no doubt will have an angry sarcastic reply. If you get the check that he is talking about giving to people are you going to keep it or give it to someone who may need it more than you? If you keep it wouldn't that be hypocritical of you to keep it from someone that you obviously despise so much? I get it you also have issues with the other side.
    Not everyone here in the lounge is in agreement with what he tweets. If you have read what some here have posted about his tweets you would know that.
    Yet you seem to ignore that fact, and lump everyone as simple minded Trump supporters.
    You did make a few valid comments that I can agree with.
    I'm not the wimpy Independent that you can push around either. I'll speak out when I want, I'm not thin skinned and find comments about me amusing.
    I appreciate your post to me and taking the time.

Edited for spelling correction.

#8 Larry M, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  9. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,468
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    capture.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  10. Neuroshima

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,103
    Plako, if you put a period after the ".com" in the address, you can usually bypass the paywall.

11. Tommy Chang

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,552
    Boat:
    almost. back.
    Roncador

I know we are not friends. never have been. doubt we ever will be. But I saw on some other post, that your mother was not feeling well and that it could be linked to Corona. I wanted to reach out and give my condolences and prayers. I later saw that you had wrote that she was feeling better. I'm happy to hear that Roncador. Good to see that she made a recovery. thats all man

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. plako

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +949
    This idea has been floating maybe for decades but the incumbent Ds and Rs made the rules to secure that no newcomer can challenge the status quo. So, first any credibility of BOTH must be destroyed enough so the majority of voters can agree to start throwing them BOTH from office. Only after such political vacuum is created something new may come. I actually envision lost power of the Deep State, break of the union, and then change coming bottom up, and not to the very up because there will be no more.
    I'm firmly independent and while my philosophy is closest to that of Libertarians, I totally disagree with their co-option by the Rs which was the best way to marginalize and eliminate them. Just as they did with the Tea Party.

13. Roncador

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,784
    Thank you for the kind words.. It's all up to you man, I really don't have anything to be against you. You let me know if you wanna squash it. I'm always down to go fish with anyone as long as their cool about it. I'm sure we have more in common than you may think. ✌️

14. von_smozel

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +952
    Thanks Larry, likewise i appreciate the response.

And I don't take offense to the meme. It was actually amusing on a few levels, just not reflective of my intent. Star Wars is the greatest pop-culture allegory for the human condition - the duality of consciousness, the "dark side" versus "the force". The battle that is waged within all conscious beings. I choose to believe in the force, i don't embrace hatred. That just keeps us divided and doing the Empire's work. Our political system as we know it is the Death Star. I could go on and on with the many parallels to Star Wars, it really is an awesome take on our humanity and collective consciousness, the human spirit.

Trump's behavior and actions anger me, but i don't let myself go so far as to hate him. He is a product of his own environment and upbringing - an entitled background, lifestyle and attitude i do not relate to or admire or envy. Like any of us, he is not responsible for his entry into the world. But he is responsible and accountable for the choices he has made and their affects on others, many of which are simply abhorrent and despicable by any decent person's standards. Calling it "hate" is just deflecting and dismissive. I truly do not believe people hated Barack Obama, i believe his actions or lack thereof gave people a reason to question his intentions and gave people like Trump the fuel with which to burn the house down and turn it into a private suite.

His history is well documented, ignorance does not erase it. I am not saying that you are ignorant Larry, just that he relies on his own ignorance to avoid accountability and responsibility, then relies on the truly ignorant to shamelessly defend him from scrutiny. Remember my sarcasm was related to POTUS' failure to respond to this pandemic appropriately, and how his task force, led by Mike Pence, is left to clean up his mess and pretend that Mr. President is above reproach. That is as clear as day, is it not? Watch the charade. Listen to the excuses.

So, am i angry? Yes, with reason. Hateful? No. Just hyper critical of the obvious problems with this whole process.
    People have every right to hold their leaders accountable and demand better...

15. von_smozel

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +952
    Now, I don't think you are simple-minded, and most of what i said was not even meant to be specific to you or "lump you in" with a stereotypical group. Again, sorry for not realizing how it came across in the moment. I also don't assume Trump supporters in general are simple-minded or that simple-minded people are not intelligent or savvy or discerning. The media does this all the time and they fueled these unfair simplifications all the way to his inauguration and to this day. But the refusal to acknowledge his poor leadership and his obvious contempt for workers in the midst of all this mess speaks volumes in itself. Can't we just call out the incompetence and demand better? Can't we swallow our pride and admit that this is not serving us well?

Maybe this will change as this crisis plunges people deeper into despair and POTUS runs out of people to blame for his failures. I'm not even gonna talk about his tweets, that's a strawman. Saying you don't agree with everything he tweets doesn't really address what i'm trying to point out here. Tweets are not policy. Tweets are not action. Tweets are not laws. Tweets cannot mobilize the power and scope of the federal gov't that we fund.

If theres something we agree on, i hope you will elaborate. Not to echo eachother, just to see what the real common ground is. I'm interested in those perspectives, because it may be an aspect i've never even considered. Its not cliche that we have much more in common than differences. Differences of opinion do not erase this common bond, no matter how hard "they" try to exploit us. And btw I don't think you're a wimpy independent LOL and i'm not interested in pushing people around. I like challenging people's perspectives and offering my own insight when i can, sure. But i'd rather find some common ground to build on here and for me it would go a long way to just hear people call out the obvious non-sense going on in the White House in this effed up situation. There is no excuse for this. 10% is what happens to us, 90% is how we react to it, right? Something like that? Trump constantly invokes the 10% while denying his duty to take control of the other 90%.

16. von_smozel

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +952
    I'm not waiting for my handout and no i'm not gonna give credit to Trump for begrudgingly brushing the crumbs from the corporate loaf off the table for us to fight over. Trump is not "giving" us anything. Listen to his words - he works for Wall Street, NOT us. Every single direct benefit that workers will see from this package was a compromise that he was FORCED to make, NOT something he fought for. His off-script language reveals his true nature and intent - he wants people to get back on the hamster wheel NOW, his 15-day bulls*** plan they keep touting up there is just for show. His experts are all very clear that this virus is getting worse, not better. On tuesday it hit close to home - a friend of my moms...his father dying from the virus as we speak. A man with enough wealth to pay for the medical bills of the entire CO community in which he lives. A man that has opened his home to us, shared his meals with us, invited us to sleep in his guest rooms. Even he wasn't immune or insulated. And I have a 92 yr old grandmother at home to worry about and an uncle who is still recovering from a leg amputation. Every day i see the leader of the free world stand up and make a fool out of himself, i think about these people and everyone like them.

I'm using this time to build, to prepare, to focus, to sharpen...i have crops to plant, that will be shared among my family and friends in need. I have a resume to re-build to prepare for my next opportunity, because i'm planning on betting on myself, doing better for myself. I have creative ideas and projects to work on - political, comedy, pop-culture, spiritual, DIY stuff at home and other ideas. I have friends that own small businesses that i want to learn from and seek guidance from. I have a girlfriend that i want to marry (eventually haha) who loves me more than i could ever hope someone to care for me. I have a lot of reading to catch up on...starting with this stimulus bill haha!

What i don't have time for is to kick back with my feet up and wait for Uncle Sam to pour my cheerios and milk for me. Yeah Larry, i'll cash the check if it comes...so what? That makes me part of the problem? That buys my silence? Last i checked people making less than 40k weren't even eligible for assistance. Maybe they forced a concession for us po' folk in there last minute, we'll see. What is already clear is that Trump and his buddies (you know, Chuck and Nancy, smh) want that pie all to themselves and their corporate sponsors. They don't lift their pen without say so from their donors. Remember the provisions that were crammed into the last stimulus bill that eliminated the vote requirements for bank bailouts? They get the dough - no questions asked, no strings attached. Meanwhile the people who are most at risk with the least to fall back on are characterized as beggars looking for a handout.

17. von_smozel

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +952
    Point is - receiving assistance is not hypocritical when you strive to do as much as possible, in good faith, to position yourself to not have to rely on that assistance for any longer than needed. And yes, if that money was not the difference between eating and starving or rent and homelessness or healthcare and no care - i WOULD and WILL find ways to use that money to help others in need. Just as all my sweat is going into my vegetable garden to grow enough food to share with my family members and friends who might not be able to shop like they normally would or even afford to shop for things like raw whole foods. I have plenty of fishing gear to sell for sh**s and giggles, i don't need this money to have fun with or spend frivolously. I work too hard and i trust you do to, or at least have in your lifetime (not sure if you're retired?). I take nothing lightly about cashing a gov't check, but i'm not gonna apologize for it either. When's the last time we were shown the humility of an apology on behalf of Uncle Sam for all the hard earned money it wastes?

Anyways i'm picking up my last paycheck today and then heading back home to get back to work. Again i hope everyone can find some time to watch and listen to the real moves being made by this admin. and this congress... read between the lines and listen for the hidden language - all the ulterior motives are there to be seen and its our duty to call them out without fear of shame or embarrassment. We ain't taking anything back until we take this responsibility seriously again. Nothing hateful about it.

Anyways i hope i was more clear and sounded less judgemental or personal, because i mean to be neither. No hate directed towards anyone even my president. Yes MY president. When i see a change in attitude and behavior, perhaps even a shred of humility, i will acknowledge it and give credit, no reservation or shame.

Good day sir, wishing you and everyone good health. Be safe out there everyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. von_smozel

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +952
    Btw thank you Plako for taking the time to put this info out there, appreciate the effort! My comments weren't trying to be critical of your post.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. von_smozel

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +952
    HUMANITY :emoji_pray:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. plako

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +949
    Thanks Ron, tried that, it didn't work. But the most essential parts I believe were already in the FB post. Here are a few extra points from private communications:
    UV light on any object will break virus protein directly. Great to disinfect mask, gloves etc. But breaks colagen on skin causing wrinkles and cancer. Thus, prolonged direct sunlight exposure might be helpful for objects but still dangerous for skin because you cannot use any sun-blocker oil.
    Vinegar - not useful, since it doesn't penetrate the protective layer of fat.
    Hard Liquor - Not useful, (unless you can drink 65 proof and higher alcohol;)
    Listerine - Not unless it's 65% alcohol
    Open, well ventilated space - good, less aerosol concentration, lower chance to inhale the virus.
    From frequent washing your hand may get dry. Use humidifier on skin to avoid micro cracks in dried skin that can hide the virus. Keep your nails short for the same reason - hard to wash our virus hidden under the nails.

#20 plako, Mar 26, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020