Coronado 7/15/20 Beginners Luck!

Discussion in 'Bay Fishing' started by Pervin_Irvin, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Pervin_Irvin

Pervin_Irvin Active Member

Ratings:
    +134
    Name:
    Irvin
    Buddy and I rented a skiff from Seaforth. It was my first time hitting the Bay on a boat (if you want to call it a boat). Im usually getting my *** kicked from shore pounding at Liberty Station so this boosted the morale for sure. Was out on the water from 11AM - 3PM and was surprised by how many people were out in the bay. Hit up near the Golf Course and got some fat spotties then fished the channel near the ferry landing, the current was strong so we dropped anchor only to realize 20minutes later that it wasnt long enough and we were Tokyo drifting away. Sure enough my buddy got hit and I was expecting a small spotty because it was not fighting but sure enough we pulled out a 23inch hali on a ned rig! I thought we were screwed cause we didnt bring a net but the line held. Shoutout to DJ because I was hounding all your recommended spots with my eyes glued to my phone as I yelled at my friend to turn in the right direction.:emoji_laughing:

Picture is my bud

20200715_134010.jpg

2. dj thrillz

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +16,094
    Very cool! Glad the spots paid off ;)

3. galen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,358
    Boat: