Coronado - fishing allowed (per their site)

Discussion in 'Surf, Piers, & Jetties' started by YuriSD, May 11, 2020.

1. YuriSD

YuriSD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109
    Not sure if this is news to anyone, but I've just checked City of Coronado website and looks like surf fishing is allowed again.

When I was checking a week or so ago, it showed prohibited/closed, but the info appears to have been updated

https://www.coronado.ca.us/cms/One.aspx?portalId=746090&pageId=4161272

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  2. carpkiller

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,208
    If I was gonna go there, I'd save the web page or do a screen shot or snip showing the date and time. The section about fishing is in the general FAQs, not the corona virus section. Chances are nobody's gonna run you off. And if they do...you won't get a ticket. But worst case, if you end up in court, you can probably beat the citation by showing the language that you relied upon, and that you checked the rules before you went.
    overly CKautious maybe....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. cavedog619

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,115
    Boat:
    Hobie Outback 2020
    DISCLAIMER: The following intel is also a fishing report. :emoji_grimacing:

I've been fishing from the surf at Coronado for the past few weeks. Hours are 0600-1800. As long as you're off the beach by 6PM you're good to go. Get there EARLY before 0700. Park/No park is clearly marked with signs. I end up parking a few feet from the corner of Ocean Dr and Ocean Blvd (the residential side) and walk down because exercise is good for you. The only place that is off limits is the dog beach, which is on the north end. LE post up there and won't let you pass, also clearly marked. With the red tide, the fish are fewer but they are there if you can find the structure. Last time I was out (Friday morning) I managed a YFC and a few BSP. My buddy caught YFC, corvina and numerous bat ray (5 in 5 casts!). If I managed to blow anybody's spot/s, ask me if I care. :emoji_joy: Also, DFW was out in force checking for licenses and asking to see your catch if you have any. I catch and release anything that far down south so, i was good to go. "Show me your papers, old man". :emoji_rage:

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  4. carpkiller

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Great information! Thanks...

5. cavedog619

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,115
    Boat:
    Hobie Outback 2020
    Thanks! And YuriSD, my apologies if you feel I thread crapped your post.

6. YuriSD

YuriSD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109
    No, we are all good. I appreciate you giving some more information.

7. YuriSD

YuriSD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109
    I just called Lifeguards and they confirmed that Coronado Beaches are opened to surf fishing between 6am-6pm, as long as fishing does not interfere with other activities such as surfing, swimming, running, walking.

Silver Strand Beach is a State Park and as such is governed by a different set of rules. Right now it appears that fishing is prohibited and no parking at the beach/park or on adjacent streets (unless you are a resident).

8. cavedog619

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,115
    Boat:
    Hobie Outback 2020
    I just got back from Coronado! You should hit it up. I never skunk there. Four BSP and a YFC this morning.