crankin' the surf

Discussion in 'Surf, Piers, & Jetties' started by jusbayz, Feb 8, 2009.

1. jusbayz

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,528
    Boat:
    Cobra Fish n Dive
    Hey guys, i've done all the "normal" stuff (sand crabs when you can find 'em, camo worms, bloodworms, morf, traps & kastmasters, you guys know the routine!) So here's my question: has anyone ever thrown any of the small crawdad type crankbaits in tight? I've always wondered if they'd be a suitable ghost shrimp imitation. Thanks in advance.

2. bigderel

bigderel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Why not try shutting your damn trap and stick to the question he asked? Yeah, if it doesn't work in the first five damn minutes, it probably will never damn work, right? You're on a kook roll today - are you trying to set a new record for idiotic posts in a 24 hour period?

3. jusbayz

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,528
    Boat:
    Cobra Fish n Dive
    Good lookin' out Derel. But you know, "kids will be kids..."
    -Ray

4. atfish

atfish Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Try something orange white and pink.( ghost shrimp colors). I have used orange grubs and been sucesfull

5. Dj_Hickups

Dj_Hickups Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    crankbaits mostly imitate baitfish i dont think you would use a crankbait to imitate ghost shrimp. all the guy who i know that fish crankbaits fish Lucky Craft FlashMinnow 110 in aurora black or sardine.... and they do catch alot of halibut on them.

6. Mhcato

Mhcato Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41
    I did once but the wind was blowing so I couldn't cast well and I got frustrated with how often the tiny trebles hung up on every little piece of salad so I gave up. Haven't tried it since but I am sure they would work if you put the time in. Might have a good shot on a calm day.