Daiwa Aird Coastal 100 issue

Discussion in 'Fishing Tackle' started by scisports, Apr 19, 2016.

1. scisports

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,253
    Hello,
    Having trouble with the spool button engaging during the cast and not engaging when I reel. The reel is near new, only a few months use. What would i be looking for if I disassemble it?

2. Roncador

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,126
    Boat:
    you will have to buy a whole new push button mechanism because its broken most likely due to using lures that are to heavy max 2.5 oz maybe 3 oz at most but remeber that little spring cant take the stress of casting heavy lures or leads. If thats not why then you should just have the reel replaced or serviced by daiwa.

3. STiCKY

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,671
    Boat:
    Tube
    Possibly grease the bottom of the shaft behind the main gear, where the teeth engages gear when the handle is turned. Also maybe try greasing the actual free spool engage button. Seeing as how you mostly fish bass I doubt you broke it fishing over the recommended weight lure. I would try grease and also look for misalignment of parts. If its a newer reel and you can't find anything out of whack, send it in or to a shop. A lot of times nothing is broken and is just sticking due to build up or lack of grease. A failure to engage due to seizing of parts most likely.

4. swings are free

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,300
    X2 on the greese.

5. scisports

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,253
    Thanks, will do!
    Certainly haven't casted heavy stuff on that reel (<1oz). Problem is intermittent so I think cleaning/grease is likely the ticket.....