Daiwa now owns Yamamoto?

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by willieino, Mar 6, 2022.

1. willieino

willieino Active Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Anyone else hear about this? Daiwa has dropped about 100 colors from the list of senko colors available. They also seem to be getting rid of the proline thin senkos. There are also a bunch of other models being discontinued. Will post when I know which ones. The pumpkin(orange) thin senko was one of my favorites. Not too happy about this....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  2. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,224
    Not fun when favorite colors are not available. I used to use the thin pro senkos(6.75")and they were pretty cool worms. I have lots of them still in my garage etc., and if I had that pumpkin one(orange) you liked I would have gladly given you some.
    I am not sure if this is the color you were looking for:
    Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 9.53.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 9.58.12 PM.png
    but they only have some in the 5" size at Fisherman's Warehouse Megastore. Heck....I would stock up anywhere you can find the color you like before it is gone forever even if it is the 5" thin one and not the 6.75"
    Yamamoto Pro Senko
    and they have some here:
    Yamamoto 5 Prosenko Soft Stickbait Blk W/Lg Blue Flk

#2 VinnyBass, Mar 6, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
  3. CrazyDonkey

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,437
    GSM LLC bought Yamamoto Baits in like November I think, not sure why/how Daiwa is using the name, I guess a licensing agreement.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  4. bassgalrascal

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,341
    If Daiwa wanted to own the company under a separate entity, An LLC would be the best way to do it. That way, they can assume no liability to the their parent company.

5. CrazyDonkey

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,437
    GSM LLC is owned by a capital investment firm and Daiwa is owned by Globeride INC which is a Japanese company, they used to be called Daiwa Seiko INC. I think licensing is how Daiwa is attached to Yamamoto baits now. I could be wrong though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  6. carpkiller

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,105
    Hmm. The GSM website has a Yamamoto page, and, sure enough, it seems to only offer a few colors, as opposed to the ten thousand and seven offered by Yamamoto. Doesn't appear Daiwa is involved at all.

7. Bwood

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +336
    Boat:
    BW
    Daiwa has a co-marketing agreement with Yamamoto for a few branded baits. They don’t own Yamamoto.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Slater

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,613