Dana Bay Bass Seminar

Discussion in 'Fishing Events & Tournaments' started by Fat Spottie, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Fat Spottie

Fat Spottie Evolved Pinhead
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,403
    Name:
    None Either
    Boat:
    Hobie PA-14
    Dana is holding their little get to together this year on the Jan 27th, or this upcomming Saturday. Typically the guy give some pretty good insights on the soft plastic and hardbait game. As always.. Corey Sanden (MC Swimbaits) and Afron Abuton (Warbaits) are going to be there. I believe that a couple of the jig manufactures will be providing some sort of deal on irons too, last time JRI and I think Kicker was there the year before it? Mr. Gierlich was not ivnvited as the CCA and most anglers do not condone the action of poaching. Two other people are going to be given their word too, don't know if It'll be Jimmy Decker or Benny Florentino though. CCA will be there and if you do their membership they'll provide you with a $40 Landing Dana Landing giftcard, which is essentially $30 profit cuz there will be a softplastic sale.

Edit: The other speakers are Matt Moyer and Benny Florentino

C5189D92-48C9-4446-A8FD-9D5DD6DDA796.jpeg

#1 Fat Spottie, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +39,741
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    I should attend.. probably learn something.. do they offer recipes for bay bass that make them less rubbery? Soup or something?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Fat Spottie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,403
    Name:
    None Either
    Boat:
    Hobie PA-14
    No but they do offer lessons in professional smart assery.

4. fishingmissionbay

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,392
    Boat:
    Alger West 17
    Chad won’t be there BUT I can get a gift card if I sign up and spend it on some Hookupbaits?!? Score... :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Fat Spottie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,403
    Name:
    None Either
    Boat:
    Hobie PA-14
    Make sure you save some money for that garlic scent to lubricate those diIdos.

6. fishingmissionbay

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,392
    Boat:
    Alger West 17
    I don’t quite understand the infatuation of “*****s” in the hookupbait haters community. But whatever it is I think Halibut, and a lot of other species have that same infatuation! Take this Halibut I caught last night for example, he REALLY wanted that “*****” (no “lube” required)

45CCB417-2622-45B9-937A-CF272137ACD8.png

7. Fat Spottie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,403
    Name:
    None Either
    Boat:
    Hobie PA-14
    I also think that bigger Yellowtail have a little kink for put iron in their mouth! All I know is that I can do more damage with a wham, scampi, or cheapo curly tail and live bait then half a boat using the butt plug!

B26FAE65-1423-4737-A6E3-9D0B30C718AF.jpeg

A419454D-A337-4510-ADE7-8827F74EFA0E.jpeg

ACA4DFA2-3A99-45AB-A4E6-45D633E0843F.jpeg

8. fishingmissionbay

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,392
    Boat:
    Alger West 17
    Not trying to compare or debate it. I’m simply showing they get bit -with consistency, just like your irons, scampi’s, etc. it’s all preference. I’m not going to go digging into every company owners past just to see if I should support them or not, but rather I’m going to fish and spend my time on the water with what works with me. I could care less about trends or fads. Also there’s too many weird sexual innuendos for me to jump on the haters band wagon- I’ll leave the butt plug and d ildo remarks up to them :emoji_joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Fat Spottie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,403
    Name:
    None Either
    Boat:
    Hobie PA-14
    No point in really going there is there then? I know that you know why people don’t support HUBs from reason A to reason Z. My reason is that he’s assisting in killing the fishing culture here in San Diego. He is by no way or form demonstrating what kids can do, but only what they should do and how should in relation to his diIdos in conjunction with his wallet. It’s the same dilemma that a certain large company that offers overpriced reels and these tiny little flashy things is doing. Same thing that a certain lead head manufacturer has been doing more and more so recently (I will admit I do like his swim jigs and underspins but they are getting overpriced as well, although I continue to buy them).

Nuff said.

#9 Fat Spottie, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  10. fishingmissionbay

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,392
    Boat:
    Alger West 17
    It’s all personal preference. I understand your conspiracy theory ideas regarding his business, and I respect that. But maybe come up with non-sexual innuendos as people may take the argument a little more seriously.... But again, I guess that’s all preference too as I prefer to steer clear of the butt plugs, d ildo, or any other penile shaped remarks, but others may enjoy those things. Fish on brotha :emoji_call_me:

11. Troy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,035
    Defiantly don’t condone what he did but the guy served his time paid his debit to society. Not sure what else the guy can do...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List