David Hogg Paid crisis actor ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Meezer_Man, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meezer_Man

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,246
    Boat:
    SeaEagle 9
    In certain right-wing circles, their efforts have been maligned and the students themselves mocked as “crisis actors” — paid demonstrators who supposedly show up at the scenes of tragic shootings to promote an anti-gun agenda.

On Wednesday, Nugent, a former hard rock musician who has gained notoriety over the years for his far-right views, joined the growing chorus of conservative figures promoting that conspiracy, sharing an article by Natural News, titled, “It’s all THEATER: Florida high school shooting survivor caught on video rehearsing scripted lines, coached by camera man.” The article alleged, without any proof, that Stoneman Douglas student and shooting survivor David Hogg, who has been interviewed by several mainstream news outlets, was a paid “crisis actor.”

Beneath the article, Nugent appears to have “liked” a comment from a follower, which read, “He is NOT a student! He is 26 years old and is a paid crisis actor. News organizations hire him to be a scripted witness or survivor. He has been at multiple shootings as a ‘survivor’. He is also a meth user recently arrested in South Carolina.”

Nugent also “liked” several other user comments, including one that claimed Facebook was erasing stories about the “crisis actor” conspiracy theories because the social media platform “does not like it when liberals get caught using tragedies for their political agendas,” as well as another that claimed, “Something [fishy] is going on here… SMH.”

2. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,560
    Boat:
    Montauk
    Well, Meezer -- whatcha think? I know a legislative aide in FL got canned for remarks like that.

"... using tragedies for their political agendas" Indeed...

I can say one thing with absolute certainty: I'm completely disgusted I gave that miscreant one nickle for the albums I used to listen to as a kid.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  3. weldon

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,569
    All you have to do is a little investigation like someone did and check the 2017 Marjorey Stoneman Douglas high school year book and there were photos of David Hogg as a student in it. So that shows the amount of BS (aka Fake News) being peddled out there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. DDuvan1

DDuvan1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +493
    What a surprise the far right thinks there is another conspiracy theory out there to bring them down and take away their guns.

Yeah, maybe it was Hillary organizing it from her secret island.

I bet it was Obama and his deep state.

So much BS out there. These kids are doing what they should be doing. Fighting for what they believe is right. The bill of right protects our 2nd amendment rights and also our First amendment rights. You cant pick and choose so that it fits your personal agenda.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. BassinNova

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,687
    Paid actor(s) or not, this doesn't change the fact that high school kids were shot and killed.

6. otay michael

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,188
  7. DDuvan1

Ratings:
    +493
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,560
    Boat:
    Montauk
    Sorta related, but I found this interesting in light of recent events:

Russian Twitter Bots Jumped All Over the Gun Control Debate Following the Florida School Shooting

Just an hour after the news of the school shooting in Parkland, Florida broke last week, Twitter bots took up the gun control debate.

Using hashtags like #guncontrolnow, #Parklandshooting, and #gunreformnow, Twitter accounts suspected of having links to Russia, which had been focused earlier in the day on the special counsel investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, posted hundreds of tweets about gun laws following the mass shooting.

“This is pretty typical for them, to hop on breaking news like this,” Jonathon Morgan, chief executive of New Knowledge, a company that tracks online disinformation campaigns, told the New York Times. “The bots focus on anything that is divisive for Americans. Almost systematically.”

The bots are “going to find any contentious issue, and instead of making it an opportunity for compromise and negotiation, they turn it into an unsolvable issue bubbling with frustration,” said Karen North, a social media professor at the University of Southern California’s Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, told the New York Times. “It just heightens that frustration and anger.”

Not mentioned, but it also seems to me the goal is to cast uncertainty on practically anything of importance.

9. Meezer_Man

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,246
    Boat:
    SeaEagle 9

I was in hurry last night, received a unexpected phone call from the wife, she was going to the hospital last night. I talked to Larry M about it last night.

#9 Meezer_Man, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  10. Meezer_Man

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,246
    Boat:
    SeaEagle 9
    Obama signed the Arms Trade Treaty Oct 2013.
    UN take away our guns.

Object and Purpose The object of this Treaty is to: – Establish the highest possible common international standards for regulating or improving the regulation of the international trade in conventional arms; – Prevent and eradicate the illicit trade in conventional arms and prevent their diversion; for the purpose of: – Contributing to international and regional peace, security and stability; – Reducing human suffering; – Promoting cooperation, transparency and responsible action by States Parties in the international trade in conventional arms, thereby building confidence among States Parties. Article 2 Scope 1.

This Treaty shall apply to all conventional arms within the following categories:
    (a) Battle tanks;
    (b) Armoured combat vehicles;
    (c) Large-calibre artillery systems;
    (d) Combat aircraft
    (e) Attack helicopters;
    (f) Warships; (
    g) Missiles and missile launchers; and
    .>>>>(h) Small arms and light weapons
    . 2. For the purposes of this Treaty, the activities of the international trade comprise export, import, transit, trans-shipment and brokering, hereafter referred to as “transfer”. 3. This Treaty shall not apply to the international movement of conventional arms by, or on behalf of, a State Party for its use provided that the conventional arms

#10 Meezer_Man, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  11. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,533
    I'm sure glad this topic is in the Lounge.

I don't think they were (all) acting their way through this event. What I do think though is that our current crop of "children" who attended the protest were (to a degree) behaving exactly as we've allowed them to become accustomed to behaving. I'd even be willing to say that for some of them, it was a way to get out of the classroom for a while.

Understanding that everyone is human, I believe some of them attended that protest simply as a way to be "seen" or get some attention on media/social media/national news. I have no doubt what the group of kids (those that witnessed the actual shooting) went through was beyond imagination and comprehension. But I also know our current culture. And that culture is all about attention, being different, and being noticed. To alot of high school kids, being cool for social media is their life. I have a few coworkers that are currently caught in the social media trap. It's horrible, and embarrassing. It's also a good way to get fired.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. Carterantebi

Carterantebi The Skunk Magnet
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,791
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo
    As someone currently in HS, I can attest that this is 200% true for the most of these 'activist' kids.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,971
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    I'm embarrassed that the President gave teenagers an audience. Same age group eating Tide Pods and unable to look up from their phones. Even I would concede that this "Town Hall" is political theater.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • List
  14. swings are free

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,699
    20180222_152255.png if I had a liquor license I could make a fortune at that town hall.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,533
    Well, he was going to get roasted whether he did or didn't. But agreed, this was a mistake. Once you do something for one, you gotta do it for all. I wonder how many would have shown up if the price of admission was pat downs for "No cameras or cell phones allowed?"

16. DDuvan1

Ratings:
    +493

17. DDuvan1

Ratings:
    +493
    Sorry posted that incorrectly

Way to show your true colors. I see that you have a lot of compassion for the people in our country. These kids are well spoken good young people who just went through a horrific tragedy. You may not agree with them but you do not need to put them down. You are grouping all young people into one category. We have some brilliant young people in our country. Maybe if you took a second to really listen to them you would see that.

Not everything is a conspiracy theory.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  18. Troy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,038
    when I was a kid we ate bugs

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,560
    Boat:
    Montauk
    Awww, c'mon FOM. I'm sure he can relate. Seems to spend a fair amount of his waking hours looking at his cell phone... They don't call him Twitter-in-Chief for nothing!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  20. otay michael

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,188
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List