Dow

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jus bigguns, Jan 16, 2020.

1. jus bigguns

jus bigguns Troutmaster
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,011
    Boat:
    Nitro
    I'm accepting predictions of when the Dow will hit 30,000. Ok go.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  2. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,895
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    Nov 3rd 2020...right after Trump IS re-elected

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. kciuchta

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,551
    Name:
    Kenny
    Sometime between Trump signing the USMCA into law (next week) and China Phase 2. So this Spring-early summer, I'll guess April 1st, just for fun.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. cavedog619

cavedog619 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534
    Boat:
    Hobie Outback
    I'm thinking right after he's re-elected on Nov 3rd.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,386
    The numbers are one of the BIGGEST reasons why Dems HATE Trump. Everything has been created under a Republican leadership. Dems are out of their minds that he's made them look so shytty. Cant really blame them for being pizzed - he's totally showing them up and showing the world how the business is done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. jus bigguns

jus bigguns Troutmaster
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,011
    Boat:
    Nitro
    Creek, I appreciate your loyalty to your President. But you don't think he's totally innocent on this Ukraine thing do you?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,895
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    I aint Creek...and in no way am I speaking for him

BUT...in your mind...what exactly are you blaming on Trump in the "ukraine thing" ?

did he say I will withhold $1 BILLION if you dont fire that prosecutor looking into my son ? NOPE

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. jus bigguns

jus bigguns Troutmaster
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,011
    Boat:
    Nitro
    Well Mr. Hook, Trailing an ambassador, and witness place Trump as Number 1.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,895
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    huh ? how bout a translation ?

question: in your mind...what exactly are you blaming on Trump in the "ukraine thing" ?

10. jus bigguns

jus bigguns Troutmaster
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,011
    Boat:
    Nitro
    Let me ask you a simple question. How come only Republicans have been Charged and convicted of Crimes. All of Trump's cronies. But he doesn't know them? You should Run for Senate because you can't see what's happening either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,895
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    got it...you can't explain yourself in your own words...typical

simple question: in your mind...what exactly are you blaming on Trump in the "ukraine thing" ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. jus bigguns

jus bigguns Troutmaster
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,011
    Boat:
    Nitro
    Those are my words, And like The Republican Party Just avoid the question, Typical.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,895
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    simple question: in your mind...what exactly are you blaming on Trump in the "ukraine thing" ?

you asked Creek about the "ukraine thing", yet you are unable to explain what the "ukraine thing" is

have the tears dried since that great eve of Nov 8th 2016 ? lol.gif

14. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,895
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    let me explain the "ukraine thing"

Capture.jpg

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,386
    Dont know.. I wasnt there. I can only speak for the economy. Thanks to him, I could retire today if I could just convince myself to simply walk away from it all. The only thing really stopping me is the fact that I just have too much fun at my job.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,386
    Now that I've read all the comments...

https://www.wsj.com/video/opinion-j...ney/C1C51BB8-3988-4070-869F-CAD3CA0E81D8.html

This is the famous video that you won't find anywhere on CNN or PMSDNC. It's self-explanatory and I think any middle-minded person would understand. Mr Biden was so busy being a show-off to a room full of good 'ol boys that he forgot he was being videotaped. Basically, Biden claims he told Ukraine that their country was NOT going to receive the 1B+ in financial aid UNLESS they fired the prosecutor that was actively assigned to investigate his son and the Burisma organization for which Hunter worked. The son was collecting an estimated $85K monthly salary from Burisma for occupying a seat on the Board of Directors. How did Hunter get that job? Dad was assigned to oversee Ukrainian relations by Obama. I suppose that will be coming out in the weeks to come as well.

For me, its very see-thru.. painfully obvious. I feel humanly sorry for Joe Biden in a weird way. Democrats are doing everything they can to avoid having to confront this mess. Can't blame them, either.. when it comes out in the upcoming hearing, it's going to be ugly.

So again, I totally understand why the Democratic party is going out of its mind - because there's just no refuting a good, live video - and this one is prime. And poor Joe.. he forgot the cameras were rolling and showed off to his audience in typical Biden fashion. Oops. Okay, mistakes happen. We're all human and we all make them. But like in my job, now it's time to move forward and start holding the offender accountable. And that's what Dems are trying to do at the same time - hold Trump accountable for something that Biden publicly and openly (and foolishly) claims he did - on video.

So do I think Trump is 100% innocent? No, not at all. If you're human (and I'm guessing by the way this is going that half of the US isn't), you would have to think Trump was praying that Ukraine would step-up and investigate. I would have prayed for it, for sure. But good for Trump in the fact that he never said anything wrong or made any offers/promises/pushes/concessions on his phone call to Ukraine.. and the dude on the other end of the phone stated clearly to DoJ after the fact that he wasn't pressured over anything. But your party still insists that Ukraine was pressured into investigating Biden for additional promised funds.. even though the transcripts were released in their entirety - no omissions. And that pizzed off your party because they never dreamed Trump would do that. But I get that end of it, too.

Your party chose to jump off the cliff with the Mueller report. In doing so, they died when they reached the ground. Knowing that, they realized that they couldn't die any more than they already were, and that's why we keep seeing one thing after another with Trump. In Trumps defense I'll say this.. I'm totally blown away that in spite of having ZERO cooperation from Dems, total partisanship and fruitless investigations, Trump has managed to stay focused and launch this entire country back into an economic win. He's doing it for everyone.. and I'm just sorry that so many Dems dont see that or are unable to take advantage of it - especially via 401K's, Retirement accounts and other avenues of financial income. He's showing all of us that sitting on the couch will get us nowhere. get up, get a job and become financially dependent on ourselves and not the government freebie programs. And since I've held a job - with no gap - since I was 15, I appreciate what he's saying to the country as a whole.

So let the games continue.. and they assuredly will this coming next few weeks.. and the Right knows they will continue, too.

#16 Creek, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. jus bigguns

jus bigguns Troutmaster
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,011
    Boat:
    Nitro
    Screw that Creek, I gave notice at work. Last day is June 30th. I'll never get to May. Since giving notice i am so un-engaged. I'm looking forward to angling almost everyday. Can't believe i worked 42 yrs. Selling toilets.

18. jus bigguns

jus bigguns Troutmaster
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,011
    Boat:
    Nitro
    Creek, my portfolio has gone up over $27,000 since January 1st.

19. Chriwilson

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,615
    So Biden has already been formally investigated to this precise matter and Trump continues to disallow witness testimony that would acquit or squash the need for a Faux investigation.

Correction - the transcript was NOT RELEASED in any fashion, rather spuriously stored in an area reserved for Top Secret information and what was released was from recollection of a call which occurred days prior.

What reasoning would anybody who was perfect and innocent disallow people from providing testimony that would corroborate their innocence ?

Instead, let me turn focus to the ignorant be deflecting and dodging rather than use my energy to clear my good name.

[\SARCASM]

Back to the original topic:
    The DOW avg has been on a steadily increasing glidepath since after Bush - True

The greatest short term spike has been experienced under Trump - True

Trump owns the Greatest short term drop of the Dow - True

The DOWS performance is attributed to Trump - False

No president past or present is directly responsible to the gains. They can be directly responsible to the dips based on market reaction to their policies, but gains are SOLELY due to the performance of the 30 composites that make the avg...

Stock performance is great, but... I’ve been making money prior to this president , and I don’t believe it’s basis to sell out my values or turn the other cheek because it’s my party - but I can only speak for myself and the values I instill in my children.

#19 Chriwilson, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  20. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,386
    So happy for you.. hoping you get everything you so much deserve - including lots of water time - and I'm truly looking forward to the day I can walk away with no regrets.. For myself, I just can't get there mentally yet. In all seriousness, work is too much fun.. always has been. And my coworkers (most of them anyway).. it's like having a family - and I trust them beyond words. I definitely spend more time at work than with my family, so it really can't be helped.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List