Dow

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jus bigguns, Jan 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,876
    I wont even mention my numbers publicly here. Just know that I've been putting money in since 1979. Seeing my retirement numbers now has sent me into shock. I know you dont necessarily like the guy.. but when it comes to economics, you gotta give the man a little love. His business expertise has helped ALL of us, no matter our party affiliation or anything else. Everyone is benefitting. Its just too bad that a lot of people are not benefitting and enjoying because they either cant or have never started retirement accounts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,401
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    WRONG...it has NOT been investigated...that is a fine example of fake news

you sure packed a lot of BS into one post

here IS thee transcript: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

some of the things Trump does, does indeed affect the market...notice the rise the day he signed the china phase 1 deal ? ya wanna bet the market rises again the day Trump signs the phase 2 with china...this is one mere example

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,876
    Neither Biden or his son have been investigated for anything Burisma/Ukraine.. yet.. but its coming. If they had been investigated, Joe would be in prison. Its difficult for me to understand what's so hard about watching Joe's famous video. No dots need to be connected because Joe connected all of them on that video. Even if Joe was a Republican, I'd have no issue seeing him imprisoned. Cant get any more blatant than Goodtime Joe was. It was the ultimate Quid Pro Quo.. right there.. on video, nonetheless.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Chriwilson

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,787
    Show me where elder Biden HAS NOT been investigated. His son is irrelevant as he was not in public office or servitude. Purely bad judgement and crony - I agree

I could **** in a napkin labeled transcript and I guess you could call it such. Technically there is something named a transcript, which was a reconstruction (not verbatim) from recollections of the call.

You Trumpists have a way of employing selective reading and listening. I never said he doesn’t impact the market. What I said was the gains of the DOW are attributed to the performance of 30 companies and not Trump.

If you want a better depiction of the economy- refer the the S&P which is a more diverse snapshot of the 500 largest companies, not a sub-population. True it has risen over time, but with less volatility that you like to project as overall economic health.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,876
    Is that what CNN and PMSDNC are telling their viewer base? That Biden was already investigated and that the Ukraine phone call transcripts are incomplete or manipulated?

6. Chriwilson

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,787
    For me to consider this statement would have me believe that you have issues with our president....

I mean the excuses that DJT*45 provides are straight out of elementary school or even better yet, lifted from Eddie Murphy - Raw

I don’t watch TV Creek
    I read.
    I read multiple credible sources and aggregate the truth for myself. Nobody is going to provide the full picture, this includes Faux. Everybody has a narrative to spin, what the Congress (R and D) should be doing is getting to the whole story to either act on it or put it to bed once and for all.

This is why it’s incredulous that for someone who is so perfectly innocent, you wouldn’t once and for all blow it oout of the water instead of all the BS shenanigans.

It’s WIDELY known that the transcript is more of a memo than an actual transcription. Taking the content aside, there have been a number of discrepancies with the message formatting and usage of special characters.

04A8765E-528B-4C28-BD49-4255CFD8D72C.jpeg

If what Biden did was illegal, where was Boehner, Grassley, Rubio, Mcconell?...

It must have been really dubious to have waited this long.

#26 Chriwilson, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  7. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,401
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    "Show me where elder Biden HAS NOT been investigated. " lol.gif

how bout you just post yer lil cnn article that says he has been

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so now you agree there is a transcript

8. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,876
    I'm not really sure where to begin here.

I never said I had issues with our President. I said "Even if Joe was a Republican, I'd have no issue seeing him imprisoned." That was in reference to Joe's Barisma scandal. I never said a thing about Trump in that portion of my comment.

If Trump screwed up however - and its proven beyond the shadow of a doubt with everything made public, then yes I think he should get nailed for whatever he had done. I hope that makes everyone here happy. You guys think I'll all about Trump regardless - even if he was lying and committing clear crimes. In fact, you'd be dead wrong. Maybe this will help.. From me to everyone..If you're a liar and a criminal, I'll have nothing to do with you regardless of who you are.

My mistake.. I assumed CNN and PMSNBC were at the center of this and you were watching them. I assume there's a ton of reading material media out there as well as TV media. Regardless of what way they lean, are they all honest by reporting honest, pure facts? Of course not. Are at least some of them jaded and helpers of their common cause? Of course they are. To think anything else would be of great error.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  9. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,876
    I may have written this before, but its worth writing again.

I truly believe the major catalyst with everything from the moment the impeachment was first mentioned (18 seconds after he took the oath) is the fact that Democrats knew from the beginning that Trump - being a businessman - wasn't going to let politics dictate the things he saw necessary to do for the betterment of the country. And if I was a Democrat politician, I'd be going out of my mind because here's a guy that has zero political experience, and he's coming in here stirring up the fudge and doing things in a very non-political way (in other words, he's not blowing everybody). And holy smokes, now he's accomplished EVERYTHING he said he would and more.

Now in my book, if I was a level-headed Democrat (just sayin' :emoji_joy:) that means common sense means would tell me it took a Republican businessman - not a politician - to do the job not only that others before him COULDN'T do, but in many cases REFUSED or NEGLECTED to do. And the half-intelligent general public sees it (or should see it) and say, "Holy shyt !! Why couldn't anyone before this guy get the job done like this?"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,401
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    I believe it first was mentioned on Nov 9th 2016...the day after he was elected...before the tears had dried

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,401
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    I think this thread got side tracked....

pick a date when the Dow hits 30K no matter how much you hate Trump...pick a date

my pick is in the 2nd or 3rd post.....day after re-elected

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,876
    Shyt.. See? I didnt even know the tears had dried yet !

13. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,401
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    I noticed that the guy who started this thread has yet to make a prediction

14. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,401
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    ha...yea...the tears aint dry yet...will not be dry until...Jan 20th 2025...at the earliest

15. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,876
    Its usually me that's responsible for posting these "popcorn" threads. Where is that popcorn eating emoji icon??

16. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,401
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    oh you want popcorn

popcorn.gif

17. jus bigguns

jus bigguns Troutmaster
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,192
    Boat:
    Nitro
    Yep, only 30% of the population is investing. Not everybody participating.

18. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,401
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    I know its not 100%...but...where did ya pull out 30% ?

I say its closer to 50%

I havent put a dime in my account since 2014...yet my account grew by well over $100k in 2019....am I "investing" ?

oh and...still no prediction

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,391
    Name:
    Larry M
    I like how President Trump doesn't get any credit for the economy.

After reworking NAFTA can anyone explain to me why the stock market went up after the signing of the new trade deal with Mexico and Canada?
    Maybe President Obama wrote it and President Trump just plagiarized it.

Screenshot_2020-01-18-17-03-13-1.png

Screenshot_2020-01-18-17-03-40-1.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,876
    I guess we really have to consider ourselves lucky that we even have retirement monies stowed for that magical day. Alot of people dont. And this economy, I wish more did for sure. Take advantage, take advantage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.