D's Get Degrees (7/13 AM)

Discussion in 'Surf, Piers, & Jetties' started by BringThePerch, Jul 13, 2020.

1. BringThePerch

BringThePerch Active Member

Ratings:
    +119
    Name:
    Travis
    Howdy all,

When I woke up this morning, I had low expectations given that I had been skunked a combined 5 times in a row in my last few bay and surf sessions. However, as I a wise person once told me in a physics class I was getting my *** kicked in, D's get degrees.

I searched through thousands of clams to find only 3 sand crabs this morning...but ended up catching 2 corbina and losing the last to a missed hookset on another. 2/3 = 66.7%, which is a D+ in my book! Boy oh boy, sight fishing for these fish is a hell of a lot of fun. Both released to fight another day.

P.S. Does anyone have any barbless circle hook brands they can recommend? Or hook removal tools? I don't mind losing fish to pulled hooks, but I hate hard hook removals when I mainly C&R.

IMG_3457.JPG

Tight lines,
    BTP

2. spicymayo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +846
    hemostats work best for me whenever something gets hooked deep, but it shouldnt happen that often if you are using circle hooks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. spicymayo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +846
    barbless hooks sounds like upping the challenge of keeping the fish pinned greatly, lots of possible slack line moments in the wave surges