DVL Questions

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by F1$H, Sep 27, 2021.

1. F1$H

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +755
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo 13
    Well, last week my pop fulfilled his lifelong dream and bought a tracker 190 TX from bass pro. We took it to Hodges last Sunday and we managed to boat few small largemouths between the two of us. But we've both fished Hodges extensively on kayaks and we decided to give diamond valley a shot. The only problem is neither of us knows a thing about it. I don't expect any secrets but if anyone has any general advice on lures and what to look for it'd be much appreciated.

2. Bird334

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,823
    If nobody answers you here, Last Chance Tackle in Hemet always has good info on DVL

3. A-Train

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,062
    Name:
    Alex
  4. Queue

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,209
    Boat:
    SR-18
    everything that breathes oxygen is shallower then 35-40'

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Bluegill

Bluegill Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +131
    Congratulations on the boat. Hope to be tackling the same dream as well be someday.
    I’ll start by saying this…they are just clear water Hodges bass!!!
    Don’t be afraid to put the boat shallow and throw as deep as you can. Dragging uphill seems to make all the difference in that lake sometimes. Last few times I was there, it was all about finesse fishing. D%#K Rig, thin senkos, ikas, etc. Light line as well. No more than 12. It’s also a good jig lake but as always, expect to lose em if you’re gonna throw em.
    I’ve also noticed that (maybe because the lake is big enough) often the East end will fish like a completely different lake than the West end fishes. It’ll be a completely different color/temperature as well some times.
    I’ve never had a day where I’ve covered enough water to feel like I didn’t miss anything. Just too much water, not enough time. I’ve always described that lake as, “What I hope Heaven looks like”, and wish I lived closer.
    Only thing I don’t like is the politics. They open way after safe light and close almost 2 hours before sunset. Hope this helps & good luck to you guys.

#5 Bluegill, Oct 7, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  6. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +27,581
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Yeah, that is nuts! Hopefully you bought a 4 stroke, though I think newer 2 strokes are allowed.