El Cap 7/3 - Joefish=JoeHawg

Discussion in 'Freshwater Reports' started by bbermingham, Jul 5, 2014.

1. bbermingham

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +36
    Boat:
    Ranger Reata VS190
    Went out with Joefish on Thursday and was a witness to what could be the hottest hand in San Diego right now.

I was working crankbaits while Joe was going after the C-rig bite. Joe caught a couple of smaller bass, while I was apparently keyed in to the catfish bite :). I caught a 9.75 lb Blue and a 3 lb channel, while Joe made the decision of the day and started after the topwater bite.

Joe is a friend of mine and has been kind enough to show me the ropes, but I'm telling you, it was as if he knew what was coming and it was like watching an artist create a masterpiece. His first cast was terrible (happens to the best of us, I guess!) yet he had a fish blow up on it anyway. A couple of casts later, he had a good one and boated a 9 lber (I think, Joe correct me on the weights if I'm wrong). A short time later, he tossed the bait into the perfect spot and the fish hit it before he could even begin to reel it in. This time it was nearly an 8lber! These were the biggest bass I'd ever seen and to Joe, these are almost becoming routine! Just completely crazy to me.

I know this sounds like an advertisement for his guide service, but I am being completely truthful when I say this -- if you are looking for larger bass at our local lakes, give Joe a call and book a trip with him as soon as possible. Worth every penny!

8vw7D9P.jpg
    YhZv2OD.jpg
    JUptxpS.jpg
    zdp401F.jpg

2. JJbasser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,830
    you don't have to plug joe here, we are all well aware of his accomplishments. he should be booked every day.

3. MaxZmus

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,422
    Joe is a sponsor of SDFISH so go ahead and advertise all you want. If I was a board sponsor and guide I'd post up as many big fish pictures as much as possible. They say that a picture says a thousand words and Joe is the only guide on this website that consistently posts photos and videos. If I was a visitor from out of town I'd definitely choose a guide that has photos and videos to back up those claims. That is without a doubt an epic day on the water. Thanks for sharing!

4. bbermingham

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +36
    Boat:
    Ranger Reata VS190
    The intent of my post wasn't advertise for him, just trying to give you guys a report with photos...and I couldn't really do that without explaining. I hope that the overall content of my post wasn't taken that way, but I certainly won't apologize if it did. I may have been effusive in my praise, but what I saw really was amazing to me and that's exactly why I wrote it. :)

I'm a bass fishing noob and the fish he brought into the boat were the largest bass I'd ever seen...I may have been a bit excited about that part. Also, catching a nearly 10 pound catfish was pretty sweet, too :).

5. JJbasser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,830
    you read me wrong. sorry. I look forward to joe's pics and vids with passion. and, trust me, anyone I know wants a guide, joe is #1 on my list. (cept for vail, art.) :) I see and talk to joe every week on the water. he loves to share. thanks joe. see you wed, otay?

6. Joefish

Joefish Guest

Ratings:
    +94
    I will be at Hodges on wednesday pre fishing for a tournament on sunday after the night derby on El Cap Saturday night.
    Thank you MaxZmus, I try not to blow it out. LOL C u guys around, JJ you got to get a new PB at El Cap.