El Nino is a Joke...Outraging!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishfanatic, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,771
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Reading Revelation 6-19, I see that this planet is in for some pretty horrendous climatological changes. Humans will have nothing to do with it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. NocityBS

NocityBS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +365
    In the event someone from the government is monitoring this site, I would like to ask for a period of no wind and bluebird skies this spring. I have a particular fish in mind that is tough to see in her deep water spawning grounds. All I need is a couple weeks. PM me for specific dates. Thanks in advance.

#82 NocityBS, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. StinkyPinky

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +376
    So because the media isn't putting this on your channel 8 news that means it's not happening, or for the sake of this conversation, not possible? How many people do you think working for any news station or outlet have known factual things and have been told to just keep their mouths shut. The stories they run are the stories their told to run. For a long time after my brother passed away from an accident in P.E. at school, my mom swore she wouldn't watch the news anymore. Their version(s) of what happened were garbage and what someone wanted to spin, not the truth

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. StinkyPinky

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +376
    I started to say to myself "what kind of fisherman would ask for no wind"?!?! A bed fisherman

5. StinkyPinky

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +376
    And I'm just razz in' you so don't take it personal. Nute, if we get into 9/11 this thread would end up 30 pages. We as a country wanted no part of any war in the Middle East. Until after 9/11. Then we tossed more and more power to the gov to "keep us safe". Patriot act was just one thing. Planned attack with cooperation from our side? Maybe, even probably not. But advanced knowledge and little to no action taken? If you think the notion of any nation seeing a small portion of the population as expendable, or collateral damage, that to me is what's crazy. Been happening in this world since beginning of time

6. Nute

Nute Researcher...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,473
    Good question, I dont know know any, or have heard of any. HAVE YOU? Comparing 'media' to our local channel 8 news is almost as funny as me referring to wikipedia earlier in this thread. Media, in this day and age is more relatable to accessible knowledge rather than flipping on the news. Realize these people get paid, etc, etc. I take news stories with a grain of salt. What the conversation/question here is actual proof/evidence.

@StinkyPinky nothing personal taken at all! In fact, this might be one of the more peaceful threads out right now. No one is personally attacking anyone. Just simple opinions to bounce off one another.

That being said, Im a guy based on literal, factual, physical evidence. Faith and speculation get people in trouble, or out of it given the circumstance.

I still pose my question. If these theories are so elaborate and would easily take a significant amount of people to pull off....there's honestly no one from the source that can provide damning proof? It would spread like wildfire if it was actually proven.

7. NocityBS

Ratings:
    +365
    Yep.. a fun time of year. To all those who read that and start to tear up, it will be ok. Enough fish survive to sustain our overpopulated lakes.

-off the topic, but figured I'd respond

8. NocityBS

Ratings:
    +365
    I guess my answer is yes. I haven't heard about ever other then here. Nobody I know, no media outlets, nowhere. There's local news that obviously focuses on the local issues, and there's the national news that tackles the national all encompassing issues.
    Weather being altered which is detrimental to tens of millions of people would be addressed at a national as well as a local level. I had never heard of anything of the sort until this thread popped up. The media is as corrupt as it gets, I agree. They do in fact bring relative issues to the public though. Their delivery on those issues is often a joke driven by ratings. One more reason I would have to think I would have heard about it if it had an validity. I can't say it isn't happening for sure, but I have never been given a reason to believe that it is happening, and that's also for sure.

9. NocityBS

Ratings:
    +365
    Never knew that about your brother John, sorry to hear that.

10. StinkyPinky

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +376
    Nocitybs, is this really the first you've ever heard of weather manipulation? I don't even watch news and this has been out there for years. To simply shoot down any of this theory, one would need meteorologist -level knowledge, at minimum. "The media", on a local or national level, is told what they can and can't put out there. I'm talking about news outlets, not something put out on the Internet. Cases of whistleblowers throwing companies under the bus is no different. It doesn't happen very much because who wants their life ruined or possibly ended for opening their mouth(s)? And when they do, are their "theories" welcomed with open ears? Especially after they've been dragged thru the mud? Did the guy in the video sound uneducated? I didn't watch it but seen others, and as I said, without knowledge on that scientific level, how could I possibly disprove his claim? I can't, so I put it in the back of my mind, filed under "just be aware and ask ?'s". Not "oh hell yeah, that's exactly what's been happening. I absolutely disagree that this, or 9/11, would have taken a mass cover up in order to happen. Hundreds could know, but nobody has the balls nor outlet to be heard

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. StinkyPinky

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +376
    Thanks Nute, I never got to meet him it happened in '79 and I was born in '81. I've just heard over the years how the story was changed. It was at ECVHS during PE. He was hit in the chest with a softball that stopped his heart.
    While I can't cite a specific example, I have heard of cases of stories not being run because higher-ups said not a chance

12. StinkyPinky

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +376
    my bad I was scrolling so fast I thought Nute had said this. Thanks man I appreciate it. I was just joking with the bed fish thing I have said before I don't have issue with it

13. CrazyDonkey

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,601
    So Rocketship does meteorology and he shot it down, he is the most qualified person on this whole site to make that call I believe. Second...it is IMPOSSIBLE to control weather on the scale that is being talked about, IMPOSSIBLE. You don't even need to be smart to figure that out.

14. NocityBS

Ratings:
    +365
    The more I research these conspiracy theories I have come to the conclusion that we as a country are blinded morons or the ones making them up are in fact insane. I'm siding with the latter. I read that hurricane Katrina was intentional and the levees were ruined on purpose to rid the poverty stricken population to gain control of their oil rich land.o_O

"Eyewitness accounts from at least 25 people - who are fearful for their lives because they are talking – saw people blowing up the New Orleans levees after the main storm had subsided. That was to allow the water to flow in."
    Also, famed author and researcher Eustace Mullins told us that these levees in question were extremely strong, and that it would take something akin to an atomic bomb to destroy them.

This famed researcher basically punches his own hole in the "levees being blown up" theory. Something akin to an atomic bomb I'm sure wouldn't be noticed by many. This has been an interesting topic, but I'm going to put my blinders back on and go enjoy what tomorrow has in store. We live in a crazy world and that's all there is to it. That's why I fish so much, to get away from it.

15. StinkyPinky

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +376
    Man, if you woulda said this earlier you could have saved us from wasting all our time! Exactly what is the "scale" you're talking about? It seems to me some or most of you think what is being discussed is can the government make it rain/not rain at will. Not even close to the case. What's being argued is-is it a possibility that something, like the HAARP facilities off baja and Alaska, could have enough of an effect on storms to change their paths or weaken them to any degree. We aren't talking about Chem trails or anything else. This is mostly what rocket ship addressed. I don't believe the Chem trail theories at all. Although the governments efforts with cloud seeding and whatever else can't be denied

16. NocityBS

Ratings:
    +365
    You admitted earlier you didn't watch this particular video that spurred this thread, but you had seen others. In this video, in which you "assumed" he was an educated guy, he strokes the chem trail theory pretty hard. May want to watch the video to see where most of the comments here were based from. :):woot:

17. fishfanatic

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,192
    Boat:
    Fishcat 4 Float tube
    You described me in the last two sentences.

18. Rocketship

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,508
    Boat:
    Skeeter 21i
    From a meteorological perspective there is nothing alarming about any of the weather patterns currently taking place. Whether it's "global warming" (any idea how much money has been made off of that phrase?), or the drought on the west coast. These are cycles the Earth goes through.

Geological records (conveniently omitted from most of these "reports) show proof of wetter periods and drier periods throughout the existence of our planet. The same goes for so called "global warming". At several periods of time throughout antiquity, the Earth has had little to no semi-permanent ice like we do now. Yes, it appears that they're shrinking, although recent satellite images actually depict the Antarctic ice expanding, but this has been a natural Earth cycle for millions of years.

We are spoon fed "data" and it is dressed up to make it seem more believable. However, saying that the Earth has warmed X amount of degrees since we've been keeping data is very irresponsible. We haven't been on this earth long enough to have a decent sample size over enough time to have accurate data on these things. The geological data shows that this is a reoccurring cycle. In fact, some believe we're still transitioning out of the last ice age.

My bottom line on all of this is that whatever you choose to believe, try to educate yourself as much as possible, watch your personal feelings to ensure they don't influence your final decision because, in the end, the changes are happening anyway. Your matter of perspective as a human being is vastly different than the planet's. It is almost incomprehensible to most of us.

We're a self centered species that has decided we have the capability to impact something that has existed billions of years before we came into being...food for thought.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. zzbassman

zzbassman Git R Done
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +272
    Boat:
    Tracker 175TXW
    This hits the nail on the head, end of story.. Science is science. And its a true fact we go through these phases

20. CrazyDonkey

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,601
    I'm not sure if you're trolling or not.