Electronic test

Discussion in 'Boating & Boat Maintenance' started by sherpa, Jul 19, 2019.

1. sherpa

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +891
    does any one know where I can get the ECR (electronic control unit) tested on my merc motor. It’s a 1997 200EFI or some one parting one out TX

2. Bassmagnum

Bassmagnum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +261
    Name:
    Captain Ross E Mariano
    If it's a 97 I would just replace it unfortunately it's not a cheap part but replacing it is easy. Basically, a swap out

3. sherpa

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +891
    Used ones if you can find them are $800 or better, a 6 year old price book listed them @ around $1800

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  4. Bassmagnum

Bassmagnum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +261
    Name:
    Captain Ross E Mariano
    Ouch, they've gone up considerably. I got a new one from Canyon County Marine for a little over $600 but that was quite a few years ago. To bad you're down south, I had a guy that lived by castaic who was a merc mechanic and was very reasonable, getting the work done in 1day

5. sherpa

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +891
    I might of found the problem or f——- it up, looking at the plunge end I noticed one of the pins was lower than the other 8 or 10, so I pulled up to the same length and put it back together, thinking that the one pin was making intermittent contact..will try it Mon. Also I was given a name and number of some one who repairs them.hope it works, spent a lot of money replacing and trying to eliminate the problem