Employment rates as good or better now than any time in the past 20 years

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fishin_Buddy, Apr 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishin_Buddy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +463
  2. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,517
    Ahhhhh...I got a fan...wish you knew how to tag but we’ll get to that later...so you posted some graphs..are you trying to say something?

3. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,517
    If you have an actual argument to make id love to hear it...if it’s just gonna be more of the same than you can keep it moving...

4. Fishin_Buddy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +463
    I put the colorful pictures up for you. Less words.

Any comments on Obama’s failure to keep Americans employed? How about the fact that the US employment rates have steadily improved under the Trump administration to levels not seen in over 20 years?

5. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,517
    man you guys assume too much about me..you need to stop getting your info about "the other side" from fox news and such...being in the position i am in, i am able to criticize everybody either side and not have to supress it..thats true freedom...

now...where did i make any arguments about the economy?...or you just assuming that because i am not a right winger i must feel like every non right winger out there...like we all share the same thoughts...

anyway..ill bite...cause im bored..but that wont last long i gotta keep these lights on...so..when obama got in office, the unemployment rate was at 9.3%...and i believe it was during a recession so i know it went up more before it went down, regardless when he left office it was at 4.8%....as of march 2019, the unemployment rate is at 3.8%, historic lows as the right loves to call it...and technically you'd be right i guess...but im sure you can do the math...obama brought the rate down about 5%, trump has brought it down 1%...so if 1% makes you feel warm and tingly inside, you mustve been celebrating from the rooftops when obama brought it down 5%..right..or nah...

6. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,517
    oh...and im not an obama lover..sorry to disappoint you...i hate all them mffrs..they all say theyre gonna help the people, but they end up helping the wrong people...and youd be correct to say that my stance on politics leans left...i think thats obvious...but none of the politicians on the left keep their promises...at least the ones they make to the working class...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Neuroshima

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,116
    Employment/Unemployment rate is such an easily misinterpreted stat. It does not take into account the quality of work. How many of those jobs are temporary contract work, with no benefits, healthcare or retirement? How many of those employeed need to work 2-3 jobs just to survive? It's better to look at labor force participation rate, which is declining.

8. Fishin_Buddy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +463
    You beat me to it. However I will point out that under Trump the participation rate has leveled off and is increasing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Neuroshima

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,116
    That will sharply decrease in the next decade due to automation of the most common jobs, such as retail, call centers, truck driving, etc.

10. Fishin_Buddy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +463
    Absolutely. I can see that. Is it a stretch to say that the more we raise minimum wages, the more we price low skilled workers out of the market? I think no.

11. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,517
    The argument made no mention of “employment participation”..the “levels not seen in 20 years” is referring to the unemployment rate...as for the participation rate, that hasn’t changed much under trump..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,517
    Oh wait..don’t get it twisted...I feel the same about conservative politicians too..if not more..