Evangelical Preachers on Both Sides

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mattgulptosser, Apr 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,259
    Scientifically, no. But after my experience I believe despite everything I should.

2. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,577
    So it wouldn’t take “blind faith” for one to assume that a baby couldn’t be conceived out of thin air..

3. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,259
    As A Christian then yes. As we believe Jesus's mother was hardened against sin. Why is it you seem to have such judgement against a faith that bans judgment, while in other posts defend Islam, are you a hypocrite?

4. mattgulptosser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,628
    "Core samples, tide gauge readings, and, most recently, satellite measurements tell us that over the past century, the Global Mean Sea Level (GMSL) has risen by 4 to 8 inches (10 to 20 centimeters). However, the annual rate of rise over the past 20 years has been 0.13 inches (3.2 millimeters) a year, roughly twice the average speed of the preceding 80 years."
    From Sea Level Rise

5. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,259
    No it hasn't you have been duped. The very numbers you use were biased off of a rare variable in Hong Kong harbor.

6. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,259
  7. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,577
    Defend Islam? I defend letting people practice their religions...but if there were someone on this board debating Islam I’d get in it....if people wanted to ban people coming into America just because they’re Christians I’d have an issue with that...

8. mattgulptosser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,628
    Really depends on who you ask. The ocean isn't very simple when it comes to rise and fall, from what I've seen.
    "On Wednesday, NASA released a computer graphics visualization based on 22 years of satellite data. Although sea levels have risen by an average of 3 inches in the past two decades, complex currents and other natural fluctuations have caused them to fall in some regions, particularly along the west coast of the United States."
    Oceans Will Rise Much More Than Predicted, NASA Says

9. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,259
    Yes and the link I linked showed a bias and false data being presented as fact. I have lived in San Diego my whole life and I can tell you the sea levels have not rides an inch in the 38 years I have lived here. During astranomcal rarities such as a King tide levels rise. The left lies and claims its because climate change even though these phenomenons have been going on for millions of years.

#69 Medicated fisherman, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  10. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,577
    Really

11. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,259
    The oceans have not risen 3" in the last 2 decades, the link was about the guy who's job was to monitor sea level rise. He hasn't seen a rise in 50 years. Some places it has risen, others it has fallen. The artical goes on and gives specific examples of the researchers using anomalies to alter the over all outcome.
    The artical points out the fact that the studies you link rely only on satellite data, while the Dr. in the artical used on the ground research. He traveled to the places and observed and measured the sea levels himself. The Maldives have been scared into preparing to evacuate however Dr Morner has been there 6 times and observed no seal level rises over the last half century. Basically the same people that want to create policy that takes away are freedom, in the name of climate change, are the same people issuing building permits for billion dollar resorts to be built on the waters edge.

12. mattgulptosser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,628
    The first article I cited contained data from core samples and tide gauge readings as well. Also, yes Dr. Morner did field research. Good on him, sincerely. But that's still one man's data collection vs. data gathered by whole teams of people. Furthermore, in what way will your freedoms be taken away?

13. mattgulptosser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,628
    Both sides have a bias. The left often over-exaggerates environmental issues. Because many geological/geophysical processes are so slow, they usually don't happen in the course of time a human can observe them. Unless you were standing at the ocean's edge for the last 38 years straight and taking diligent, minute measurements while accounting for tidal change, storm surge, and swell direction for starters I highly, highly doubt that we can rely on your observation

14. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,560
    Boat:
    Montauk
    "The left lies and claims its because climate change..." That agenda thingy again, (sigh).

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,952
    Name:
    Larry M
    Here's my theory take it for what it's worth.
    As we build more boats and ships and float them in the oceans the displacement of the water will make the ocean levels rise.
    My theory and science proves the displacement of water by an object floating in will make the water rise.
    Just as good as an eco. theory.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,135
    Boat:
    It floats
    Plus it’s earths natural cycle

17. mattgulptosser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,628
    I don't believe that the oceans are rising as fast as Gore or other hyper-environmentalists like to claim. 20 feet in 50 years is totally ridiculous imo. But that doesn't change the fact that the natural process of climate change is being accelerated by human practices. Again, it might not be a threat to us or even to the next couple of generations, but what we do still has an effect on our environment, just as the environment affects us. It shouldn't be a partisan issue in my view.

18. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,135
    Boat:
    It floats
    There are mortars, pedestals and other Indian artifacts off La Jolla from 30-60’ deep and sitting on Cortez bank. Seas have been rising way before modern man and machinery.

19. mattgulptosser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,628
    Yeah, I'm not disputing that at all

20. rana

rana Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475

apatheism may work for you Matt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.