Evangelical Preachers on Both Sides

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mattgulptosser, Apr 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattgulptosser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,639
    I guess that's what I am now, lol. I don't think we can currently confirm or deny the existence of a god. It's outside our present scope of knowledge

2. rana

rana Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475

No one is taught to be ****sexual or transgender. They simply are. Were you taught to be straight? I wasn't. If you are inane enough to think it is a choice when did you make the choice to be straight?

3. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,149
    Boat:
    It floats
    That’s why I used the word mostly. I understand babies are sometimes born with two genitals or partially formed. Or extra or missing chromosomes. But a “parent” letting their boy choose to be a girl and not choosing to raise him so he can use the bathroom with my daughter is wrong...just my two cents

4. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,149
    Boat:
    It floats
    Here’s a way to look at it hypothetically. If you choose to be a Christian and walk a life of morals and living as a good person, doing right by God and you die. If God’s not real, what have you lost? -nothing.
    If you choose to deny God and live for your self(not necessarily a bad person) and you die. If God’s real, what have you lost? -Everything
    I don’t like using the word “if” because I know in my heart and mind God is real along with millions of other people in this world

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,558
    Isn't it twisted that we now have to bend over for such ridiculous things like the gender bathroom issue? Pure silliness. I wish I knew where it all went south. Everyone's offended, humiliated and looking for an excuse to lay down a civil suit.

6. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,149
    Boat:
    It floats
    It’s the liberal media and agenda. Facebook, tv, you name it. I saw where cartoons are talking about going transgender(maybe already has?) and two husbands etc. it’s free range parenting. Giving your kid an iPhone in 3rd grade. I was lucky to have a father who fought in ww2 and is from the depression era. American values are changing, its sad

7. mattgulptosser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,639
    First of all, you can't 'know' if God is real or not. I commend the strength of your faith, and I really won't try to turn you away from it, but the matter still comes down to belief, as most things do.

8. rana

rana Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475

4,200+ religions on Earth.

9. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,149
    Boat:
    It floats
    I’d love to share my testimony and a couple experiences I had when I still had doubt that proved for me, God is real

10. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,558
    That's a lot of faith in "something" that has never been proven. But if it gets people by and helps then continue on, then more power to them and I'm all for it. I wonder how much money the different faiths bring in every year combined?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,973
    Name:
    Larry M
    Has anyone been to the Vatican and seen all the jewel-encrusted outfits on display there?

12. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,558
    I'm sure there's a reason why the Catholic Church invented "Stewardship."

13. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,149
    Boat:
    It floats
    I’ve met a lot of people who left the Catholic Church and gave their life to Christ-if that tells you anything. There is ALOT of hypocrisy in church which is very sad. It gives more power to atheism. Again one of the reasons I didn’t want anything to do with God for 30 years. Religion and a relationship with God are two completely different things

14. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,149
    Boat:
    It floats
    Greed is dug in deep with in churches it’s a shame. IMO, it’s about giving to the community, helping people, we are called to tithe and have to do it with an open heart without expecting anything in return. If you are tithing for a return, don’t tithe, if your church appears to not be good stewards of your tithe, I believe stand up, say something, like lights being left on or spending on something in the church that is not a necessity.

15. mattgulptosser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,639
    More power to you! Like I said, the solidity of your faith is admirable

16. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,558
    I like that. Sounds so true.

17. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,149
    Boat:
    It floats
    I’ve always been a “seeing is believing “ person. I struggled when I took the leap of faith even though it was driven by feelings I have never felt. I needed proof. Then a couple things happened to me involving timing, certain people and actions that was not of this world. I’m always down for a cup of coffee. I won’t try to convert you, I’m not for that. Just share my perspective. Especially that fact that you said, “I’m guessing......when told atheism is for you”
    Also, you said there is no proof God is real...check out Lee Strobel. There are others like him. Out to prove God isn’t real and by doing so, uncovered proof he is. These are people that are brilliant minds....unlike me....lol

#97 camobass, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
  18. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,558
    You kinda do have to wonder how all of this got here in the first place. And I'm not talking about "earth." I'm talking about all of it - from end to end - if there even is an end to it.

19. Ram-Rod

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,813
    Some people are taught to be ****sexual or transgender, theres a new trend of parents giving their preteens puberty blocking medications and some of the people who come out of the closet were taught to be straight. I bet you remember kids at school saying something like "c'mon man, dont be gay"

20. rana

rana Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475
    No, I don't remember that in school at all. Graduated from Pt. Loma H.S. and being gay or not being gay was not part of the environment.

I am very interested in why puberty blockers are even being used in the transgender community or for early-onset puberty. We are animals and share many traits. Sexuality is the same in many animals, humans included to mean 15 or 20 percent of us are 'gay' or 'queer.' I really don't know, should look this up, but the archaic definition of Gays being Queer perhaps is due to their low, respectively, occurrence in human animals.

So, using that there are 15 or 20 percent of sdfish members that are 'gay' and I include all forms of sexuality outside of hetero in the 'gay' meaning. Probably fish just like the rest of "us"too. Wow ****phobe statement.

I am a heterosexual male. Can't think or feel anything but straight yet I am in an environment of gays in all their forms as friends, relatives, acquaintances,...polyamory in P.B. is rampant and straights participate wholeheartedly along with gay's and bi-sexuals.

"....some of the people who come out of the closet were taught to be straight." I am sure you meant this in all honesty and as an additional fact to your post but it is totally incorrect as I know it. I have NO credible knowledge that this is in any way true. Try and imagine what it would be like for someone to try and change your sexual orientation.

The simplest truth, but the most powerful message. Gay and Transgender people are people: humans with families, friends, hobbies, talents and, above all, dreams. They are just like all of us, because they are us. The difference is that there is no difference.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.