Exploring

Discussion in 'Carp' started by FlyFavorite, Sep 13, 2016.

1. FlyFavorite

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +563
    We'll have been doing quick exploring that has been paying off. First koi and some big carp

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2. spideyjg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,539
    Nice fish! I been missing Hooksett the last 2 outings. Gonna go treble when on a bait hunt.

Jim

3. pipster

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +159
    looks like you sticking to the 163 area. getting that hybrid up to the top of the pipes must of been hard. nice going,

hope you fed the local rats with those fish.

4. spideyjg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,539
    Was down at the pipes one time. It gave me the creeps. Felt like a horror movie scene that didn't end well.

Jim

5. pipster

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +159
    ahaha they ain't that bad. the cops visit them often looking for punks partying. believe it or not that spot used to be about 25 feet deep. then we had those massive flood, and a sand bar appeared to the far left top reaching half way across the top of the pool. it was awesome fishing then. the channel was about 7 feet across and 12" deep with that pool in the center.

have watched it just get worse and worse every rain since then. for the most part the whole river needs a good dredging. i did read they approved of dredging that spot, but they done jack since then. most likely they stuck trying to get permits or some other stupid thing.

6. spideyjg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,539
    West of Qualcomm way is fine, look east from QW and it is hopelessly choked in tules.

As I said went there saw the encampments in the pipes and I'd seen that movie before. :eek:

7. pipster

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +159
    yeah they have really let it go to garbage. their excuse is always some "big rain" will come and wash everything down stream. last year a dam formed at the 163 bridge i notified them over it and their reply was we don't expect a big rain??? good thing we had that el nino come along (city finally removed it) or it would of definitely changed the course of the river. you can see how the second underpass right next to the river was being dredged out from the water being diverted down it.

i been fishing this area for a good 15 years and can see how the flow has changed. used to be any rain and this stretch of the river would be cooking along like white waters. now it just pools up and slowly drains. oh well maybe we do get that 100 year flood and we can add fashion valley mall to the places we can fish at?

8. Bluefin619

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +112
    Nice. just curious what type of fly did they bite on.