Favorite seafood restaurant?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Urklehaze, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urklehaze

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +803
    Ive been going to the blue water grill. I like it. Just looking for something different.

2. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,369
    California coastal grill is cheap and half decent...good for a quick fix...Mitch’s in pl isn’t bad and it’s local..one of those joints where the menu is all over the place so take your time...the fish market near harbor is cool..bay park fish company has some good menu items..and not classified as a seafood joint I think, but they have some seafood on the menu, Duke’s in La Jolla is not too shabby..great place to take a date, try to get outside seating

3. F1$H

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +611
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo 13
    Blue water seafood is top quality and never disappoints.

4. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,442
  5. Mr. NiceGuy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +657
    Nothing beats good tasting fish straight from the water to our grill

If I want to eat out, so to speak:

(1) I would have to say the freshest sashimi salad I can find. Best location choice is always changing.

(2) Point Loma Seafood, upper patio deck overlooking the harbor for nice ambiance, nice view and big selection. A little more on the expensive side, but it's a nice place to enjoy the bay.

(3) Fresh local black mussels are delivered to several local restaurants that taste good sauteed, served with tender french fries in truffle oil, sprinkled with lavender. Bleu Bohéme used to be good for this in the more casual bar area. Romantic setting. I haven't been there for several years to confirm.

medium.jpg

(4) Several good choices for very cheap and delicious fish tacos at Mexican Seafood Taco Wagons. Typical $1.25 each. I like to buy a bag full and go to a dive bar, or the South Bay Drive In movie theater in my old hot rod pickup.

medium.jpg

(5) If your timing is right, you can get fresh Hamachi Kama (yellowtail collars) at Sushi Deli 1 in Hillcrest. They are not on the menu. Available in the evening until they are gone. VERY tasty, cheap and great with a large cold beer, or three. Many other menu choices there are inexpensive and good quality.

Still searching for a kick-*** seafood pizza. There used to be a place on 4th Av downtown that had a southern French Provençal style pizza with chunks of white fish, shrimps, vegetables and some other things under a creamy white garlic sauce that was awesome. Sadly, it's gone now.

#5 Mr. NiceGuy, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  6. dilatedppls

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +703