Finally hit some fish!

Discussion in 'Bay fishing' started by eesancy, May 18, 2017.

1. eesancy

eesancy Active Member

Ratings:
    +49
    So I was finally able to catch some fish Monday night in mission bay after being out like 4 other times and getting a goose egg. All thanks to my dude werfless! It was a great night! Caught all three types of bass!! Sand bass, Calicos, and spotties! All thanks to my dude werfless! Was a great night but ended in a pretty humorous way, I was texting my lady... and I dropped my phone in the water right as Werfless was about to say he wouldn't text right next to the water. So I started stripping and jumped in and tried to save it and boy was that water cold! Short story is I didn't get it back haha. So I'm late on posting this because I had to wait for T-Mobile to send me my new phone.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,688
    Boat:
    3 too many
    Was awesome fishing with you.. Gill hooked one decent calico on the 23 footer and only managed the following picture (hahaha).. Glad I could put you on some fish. Congratulations being the latest guy to outfish me, also..

20170516_121938.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • List
  3. Carterantebi

Carterantebi The Skunk Magnet
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,829
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Bayliner+Hobie Revo
    Unfortunately I know a thing or two about phones near water, along with filing claims with AppleCare. Just bought an overpriced Otter Box so we'll see how well that will do.

#3 Carterantebi, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  4. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,688
    Boat:
    3 too many
    Carterantebi .. Best case ever won't protect against loss between the rocks.. Hence my 30$ phones.. Lose one at J M Sheldon reservoir? Lose one at the seaforth docks and damn near drown trying to recover it? Slip with the shovel handle at work and shatter it in your pocket? Have a 12 year old moron throw it in the trash when your 2 year old barfs on it? No problem.. Buy a phone every few weeks and pay for unlimited service with metro for less than most folks phone bill just for one month.. Lol.. *not that ANY of these things have been done by ME*

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  5. Carterantebi

Carterantebi The Skunk Magnet
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,829
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Bayliner+Hobie Revo
    I've recovered a few phones from under docks, twice being at night, one of them being mine. That's pretty sketchy stripping down and diving maybe 15ft in pitch black conditions underneath docks. One of those times I got pretty scratched up coming back up because I slammed into the bottom of a mussel covered dock where I thought the suprface was supposed to be. The point of the Otter Box case is that it's waterproof. I could probably swim with it if I really wanted to, but I've got no intentions of doing that. Since I yak somewhat frequently, I think that case should come in handy when the wind picks up and the ride becomes a bit wet. im yet to actually lose a phone but I have really bad luck with water damage.

6. Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234
    I lost my iPhone 6 to water damage - had it in my pocket, and waded in just a bit too deep.

Replaced it with a water resistant iPhone 7, which has already saved itself once when I actually fell in.

Funny thing is, I actually had a Lifeproof case on the other phone, but took it off because when I was making calls I was getting complaints that the other person couldn't hear me...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List