First time in the tube

Discussion in 'Float Tubing' started by Raymondw182, May 30, 2018.

1. Raymondw182

Raymondw182 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    First time in a float tube, picked up the caddis pro 2000 for cheap. Went out for maiden voyage at Murray for about 4 hours on Monday, spent the first hour and a half trying to figure it out. Just the one bass and a sunburn. Looking forward to making a rod holding rig as well as a main vein draining rig.

IMG_4523.JPG

IMG_4531.JPG

2. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,025
    We had a thread going about urination tubes not too long ago. Good idea.. unless its a cold day where the warmth would help.:emoji_joy: I use one myself - and just used it yesterday at Glorietta Bay. Thankful I had it along.

3. Capt Ray

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,424
    Name:
    Ray
    Takes a few trips to get a good routine. At least the skunk didn't join you on your maiden voyage.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. diegofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,388
    1 at Murray is like 12 at Otay lol
    Good start. My first trip out a couple years back included and lost fin, broken rod tip and a sudden loss of air in my tube because I didn't tighten the valve enough. And I got skunked lol
    If you can hook yourself up with a cast mate rod holder system and force fins. makes fishing in a tube that much easier