First time @ Wolford

Discussion in 'Freshwater Reports' started by Brian D., Jun 30, 2020.

1. Brian D.

Brian D. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +187
    Boat:
    Legend Alpha 199
    Boat is in the shop and need to get my fix. What should I expect for large mouth. Going to rent a boat. Do i need a reservation? Do I need a TM? Hoping to get some 411 before Thursday.

2. Titos334

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,122
    I haven't been this year but they have an electronic kiosk thing to get boats and permits, no reservation as far as I know. They have bass boat rental which is a fancy way to say a boat with a bow mount trolling motor and it's not that much like $50 for the whole day or something. From what I gathered you need to get there really early cause they aren't renting out the whole fleet and the line starts well before they open at 6am but maybe it's not as bad on a weekday.

I really like Wohlford, usually a decent flipping bite in the tulles, dingy water, good shad population, and a fair amount of shallow rocks and points. A little offshore from senior shoreline there can be some submerged grass that can hold fish too.

3. bassgalrascal

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,341
    They haven't been using the kiosk, last time I checked, which was a couple of weeks ago. A ranger will take your credit card.

4. sosvp_1

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +138
    I went when they first renting boats and just like bassgalrascal said ranger will take your credit card. They were only renting out 50% of their fleet which means only 3 bass boats. Don't know if things have changed yet but what I do know is there will be a mad dash to the pay station. When the gates open, people will try to get in front of the line.