Float tube tournaments???

Discussion in 'Float Tubing' started by mattg86, Feb 6, 2010.

1. mattg86

mattg86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everybody, im new to sdfish and love what i see so far. Has anybody ever heard of a float tube tournamentant? With the ever increasing amount of people fishing in float tubes i think that it would be a ton of fun.

another question. has anybody ever float tubed murray? there looks like a great spot across from the main dock where the buoy line meets the reeds. this certain spot have a name?

2. ericedb

ericedb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the boards!!

I know of the spot that you're talking about at Murray but i'm not sure of its name.

As far as a tubing tourney here in San Diego, it's called Floatation Nation I believe. I'm sure others will chime in and tell you more about it. Below is a link to a video trailer of Flotation Nation that was made by Ol Dirty Basser....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjuKEOanzt0

4. mattg86

mattg86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    excellent replies guys. i picked up a tube for christmas and i love it. that flotationation looks like a good club.

5. sdbasser888

sdbasser888 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    when does floatation nation start?

6. bassaddict

bassaddict Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Boat:
    TUBE
    hopefully some time soon. im ready kinda haha.

7. bassterdSD

bassterdSD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2
    idk when the next event will b...but my vote is on for the bay...just to warm everyone up...thats aplace where every1 should get fish....i say this year we stick with one lake each tourney...2- saturdays amonth....each month, new lake....hows this sound odb?

8. ol dirty basser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +39
    mattg86,

Yeah, we started Flotation Nation last year and it was a big success. I have already contacted a couple of people about helping out. I was hoping to have the first event this month, but it is already going by quick so it might have to wait 'til March.

On that note, anybody that can help out with events let me know. I want to keep it going, even add a couple of things to enhance it, but I don't think I can be at every event. Anybody who is willing to run one or more events let me know. I have a system worked out for almost every aspect, but you still have to be responsible and trustworthy.

Dre, so are you saying 2 events per month, and change lakes every month? Not sure I could swing 2 a month. Also, I love the idea of doing a bay tourney. I would probably do it as it's own event though, and not part of the tour.

9. ol dirty basser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +39
    Just re-read your post... A Bay tourney as a warm-up might not be a bad idea. I'm just not sure I want to miss out on some good big fish months for freshwater. Gotta think about that...

10. sdbasser888

sdbasser888 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just have to make a follow me live well and im ready. keep me posted thanks

11. mattg86

mattg86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    an event doesnt neccesarily have to be a tournament. i'd say hold a couple "get-togethers" at a venue before a tournament and then move to the next spot. give people the chance to scope out where they want to fish and get everyone together to get ideas.

12. ol dirty basser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +39
    The way it has worked in the past is, once we have announced a date and location for an event, people would pre-fish either solo or in small groups as they choose. Some people are more competitive than others and choose to be a little more secretive, so they like to pre-fish solo and stay tight-lipped about their game plan.

I am all for guys getting together beforehand and trying to figure out a strategy, it just doesn't have to be an official club event.

13. HOTJOHN

HOTJOHN Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I cant wait to floatube w/the floatationation tournament this season Im sure it will be an awsome year for largemouth bass

14. Basskicker

Basskicker Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i think it will be bigger this year with the amount of people already talking about it.last time the most people at a tourney was about 13 or 14... man i cant remember. but it was fun and its gonna be awsome this time.

15. mattg86

mattg86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    whats the usual entrance fee for one of these tournaments?

16. ol dirty basser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +39
    What we did last year was:

$5 (one-time for the year) to join the club, $10 per event to fish the tourney. The $5 goes toward the points winner at the end of the tour, the $10 entry fees are divided into the prizes for that day. Number of places paid varies from 1 to 3, depending on number of entrants. There is also a $5 big fish option. Biggest fish out of everybody that enters big fish takes it all.

So you are basically talking about $15 for your first event, $10 for any other ones you fish after that. Add an extra $5 any time you choose to do big fish.

Most likely that will all stay the same. I am not seeing any reason to change it so far. Of course, this is in addition to purchasing your permit.

BTW, seeing Basskicker and HOT JOHN post on this thread gets me hyped to get it going!

17. zach

zach Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea that is pretty sick i just a made a profile this is darrens friend.

18. Siebler

Siebler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You float tube guys are more than welcome to fish the OEX Series of Kayak tournaments as well. Info can be found at www.allkayakfishing.com

You might even win a kayak...

Prizes this year are insane, sponsors really came through for us.

19. FishOn428

FishOn428 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How do i join and who do i give the money to and when? I have been looking for a floattube tournament for a while and now i finally found this. And another thing where or how can i make a livewell for my tube?

20. ol dirty basser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +39
    Most of the info can be found at www.flotationnation.9f.com. You can pay membership dues (as well as your entry fee) at the first tournament you fish in.

I am hoping the first event for the year will be in March. 3/20 is looking like a good date based on glancing at the calendar, but it is far from being set in stone.