float tubes???

Discussion in 'Float Tubing' started by fishnut, Mar 29, 2010.

1. fishnut

fishnut Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    looking to buy a good float tube that's comfortable, sits high and will last. any suggestions for fins would be nice. thanks

2. PROQUALIFIER619

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +364
    Boat:
    fish cat 4
    yeah looking to get one too I always hear everyone saying that they can get odc 420's for $115 but never seen them before.. someone post a link or something or is someone selling their lightly used tube? message me if so lookin to buy soon!

3. fishinggod22

fishinggod22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    a couple of weeks ago the ODC 420 was 99 dollars on Creekcompany.com. but now its 199.00. still a great deal. by far i think the ODC 420 is the best tube out there. you sit up high, very durable too. ive beet the crap out of mine, and while it was at 99 dollars a few weeks ago i bought a new one for a spare. not sure if ill need it for years though. buts thats why they call it a spare.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    look at the outcast fishcats, several model's to choose from. 5 year warranty , i just called about a leaky bladder for one of the sdfish member's and a new bladder shipped no charge within 3 days.they didnt ask the age or anything ,good customer service.a person should think of this when buying items you will have them for many years to come, quality gear lasts a lifetime if you take care of it .

5. fishinggod22

fishinggod22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya my buddy has a fishcat4 i think it is. and he loves it.

6. dan_gler

dan_gler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I used to have the fins that tie to the boots. They were small and got in the way of kicking so I went to play it again aports and found some fins that divers use. They were $20 but sturdy and big. Just make sure to bring in your waders when you get them so you know how they fit/feel.

I also suggest you look at the seals on the tube bladder I like the ones that have a screw cap. Other thing to think about is the pockets for compartments.

7. odie85

odie85 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an extra tube that I don't use anymore, i have not used it in probably a year, It has only been used a few times up in the sierras. If anyone is interested PM me and i'll fill it with air tomorrow to make sure that it still holds air. I'd rather have someone use it than it being stored in my parents garage.

8. Be Kay

Be Kay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I bought the ODC 420L combo (with fins and pump) from these guys:

http://www.portablekayaks.com/float_tubes

It was $200 flat (no shipping charge either) when I purchased back in December, but it looks like they raised it about $30. Have used it a lot since the purchase, love it and haven't had any issues. Creek company also has a lifetime warranty. The fins work "good enough".