For people wanting to rent boats at San V

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by BadBilly, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadBilly

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +705
    Name:
    Bill
    Well there ya go! Iv been scooped again...lol
    Thanks @Kellen you got the info before i did.
    I will be seeing the boss today and get more information about the regular vs deluxe and ill share as soon as i know for sure but im thinking a row boat is "regular" and a power boat is "deluxe"

2. John345

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +508
    Name:
    John V
    I hope deluxe is with a trolling motor as well. Cause 80 for a row boat and 120 for a motor boat is pretty steep compared to all other lakes. I hope we are not getting price gouged due to high demand on the lake. That would kind of be a downer.

3. cadencecode

cadencecode Active Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Obviously any business will take this opportunity to maximize profits,, this is AMERICA!

4. Low&Slow

Low&Slow Hate us cuz they anus..
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +497
    Great way to scare off business too.

5. cadencecode

cadencecode Active Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Bet u gonn pay up! Lol

6. John345

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +508
    Name:
    John V
    Of course I will pay it. That's what you do when you have no other options. LOL However, I would not go back to rent the next time. I would just invest in a tube or kayak finally. Morena is only $ 30.00 for the day, Otay I think was $ 60-70 when I went a month ago, and Barrett is $ 80.00 for the entry with the boat included. So for the same boats.... Just stings a bit. I'll get over it.

7. Low&Slow

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +497
    Maybe once or twice...but not all the time i can literally get two boats at otay for the same price. I dont see me going back unless the bite is so ridiculous

8. John345

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +508
    Name:
    John V
    PS If $ 120.00 is the price for a regular motor boat.... Please at least make sure we have double anchors with enough rope to reach the bottom in 20-25 feet of water. Also that we have cushions. One anchor with 10 feet of rope does not work on a lake which most of the boats I have rented come with. So at least give us that if that is the price we will be paying.

9. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,847
    I can't see them being able to sustain these prices for very long. It'll work for the first week or two, but it'll be a hard sell after that.

I'm sure before too long at all the rates will be the same as the other lakes with Rocky Mountain Rec concessions.

10. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,847
    "Regular" rental boats are 14' v-hulls with tiller steered 8 hp outboards

Cachuma_2016.jpg

"Deluxe" rental boat are 16' modified/semi v-hulls with console controlled 8 hp outboards

Cachuma_jonBoats-sm.jpg

11. badbassbill

badbassbill Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +21
    First come first served. Good luck to the guys who don't camp out all night! I'd hate to wait in line only to find out there are no boats left. The city managed to set up ticket master on short notice...maybe they can help Rocky Mtn get into the current century. At least temporarily.

12. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,847
    I tried to convince them to take reservations, no dice. :(

13. Low&Slow

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +497
    Try to convince them to lower the prices too hahaha ..it cant stay like that for too long

14. Crscamp

Crscamp Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69
    Any idea as to the number of boats/pontoons they're gonna have? How does RMR figure this? A fleet large enough to satisfy 30%,50%,75% of demand? I agree, what a drag to do all you can to secure a boat only to find they're sold out right in front of you!

15. BadBilly

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +705
    Name:
    Bill
    Ok everyone take a deep breath... i am working on boats right now but will be back soon with more information.
    The price increase is not that much, and it is a much bigger lake than any of the others. Gas prices alone are going to he much higher for us...
    Ill be back soon with additional info
    Stand by...
    Thanks

16. BadBilly

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +705
    Name:
    Bill
    Ok everyone im back and will ti fun this all down for you. As I said this morning I would try to get more info.
    For starters no one is gouging or using this to be opportunistic.
    Yes some of the prices did go up a little but that is something that had to be visited. The first big change is that it appears there will not be row boats at San V so if you planned on one please rethink those plans.
    Next the regular boats are the standard jon boats you see at all the city lakes with a couple variations. The prices did go up a little, initial charge of $35 is up from $25 but thats cost of operation, mainteance and fuel. Per hour charge is up only $3.00, all day charge is up to $80.00 from $60 but is one place that needed to be addressed. That origional charge was based on an average 6 hour trip, most keep the boats 10 to 12 hours these days and that is hard to sustain. The $80.00 depisit is in line with a full day rental and the cost of fuel and maintenance, especially on a lake the size of San V. While some treat the boats with respect many others drive them like they stole them. It takes a lot of man hours to clean and maintain them so they dont break down on you.
    Next the deluxe boats are new and different from what we have on the other lakes at this time. As anyone who ownes boats knows a console type boat is more expensive to maintain. The cost structure on those are comparable to any of the places on the bay that rented the runabouts and little bayliners.
    As for first come first serve we are going to have 40 to 45 boats on the lake for opening morning which is far more than 4 times the demand i have seen here. I dont really think anyone will need to camp out... but im sure some will!

#76 BadBilly, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  17. BadBilly

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +705
    Name:
    Bill
    Please be rest assured everyone that we are trying very hard to make the opener and the weeks to follow a success and enjoyable for everyone.

18. austin knobloch

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +57
    Thanks for all the inside information badbilly. I'm sure those that need this appreciate it as well:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. BadBilly

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +705
    Name:
    Bill
    Crscamp we are doing all we can to avoid that situation, heck we pulled 10 doats off of El Cap today that are right now being cleaned, inspected, reoaired and painted to go over to San V by the weekend.

20. PROQUALIFIER619

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +364
    Boat:
    fish cat 4
    Thanks for all the info @BadBilly
    Helps out a lot knowing the Unknown ;)