For people wanting to rent boats at San V

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by BadBilly, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaveman

Kaveman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Name:
    jh
    motorboat please, 4 adults, Friday, Sept. 23, Thank you

2. Acal

Acal Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for all your help on this topic, I'm sure you have better things to do. That being said...as popular as this website is, I'm sure there is still a large amount of people who did not respond to your poll. Let's just say for the sake of argument everyone who has a GA ticket for opening day wants a boat. Would there be enough?

Again, thanks for your time.

3. BadBilly

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +705
    Name:
    Bill
    First off thanks Acal gor your understanding...
    As for the question of demand, its way to hard to judge, i or we do not have any real time information as to how many general admission tickets were or could be sold for opening week because of the way they were sold and the fact that the options allow for 2 cars to piggyback on 1 launch ticket. That could mean as many as 9 or 10 people could show up and purchase GA tickets for each of the 150 launches available. There is no posdible way anyone could handle that demand.
    This and all of the concerns about being unable to get a boat are what prompted me to start this thread.
    I with my knowledge of mouth to mouth advertising and other factors thought that maybe we could get a rough idea of initial demand. Responses multiplied by 4 to 6 would be realistic considering all that i am aware of. I do know a percentage were sold overseas which throws a monkey wrench into the works. But thus far even figuring in variables, our initial demand is less than 40 boats a day for the first 2 weeks. Sure its true i could be way off target but this is a first for us so how would anyone know for sure. San V has become world renowned as a potential primer, world class LMB destination... otherwise these tickets would not have sold so fast and in the locations they did.
    To be 100% honest i feel we are all guessing and nobody knows for sure what will happen. We can only do what we can, all efforts have and are being made to meet the demand upto and including other lakes loosing potential income. I know for sure i will have to turn people away from El Cap starting this weekend because those boats went to San V. I feel sorry for those people and hope the impact will be minimal and hopefully this sacrifice for the bigger cause pays or plays out for the benefit of the majority.

4. RKMM

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +720
    Name:
    Lori Felchlin
    Boat:
    None
    Each day there is a max possibility of 200 cars. 50 general passes + 150 launches. Each car pass can be 5 people max; but the launches....are anyone's guess. Each optional vehicle is a toss-up if they are coming along to go in the boat or break off and go solo, brought a tube, kayak or going to make a shore attempt.

5. badbassbill

badbassbill Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Eliminate the guess work. Put it on ticket master. You still have time and that way they can truly work toward making it enjoyable for all like they are claiming to be doing.

6. RKMM

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +720
    Name:
    Lori Felchlin
    Boat:
    None
    Anything like that would need to be done by Rocky Mtn Rec; not the city.

7. Alin Goryoka

Alin Goryoka Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Name:
    AG
    Sunday October 2nd
    Motor boat
    3 people
    Thank you

8. Jeff D

Jeff D Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48
  9. SDBilly

SDBilly Member

Ratings:
    +10
    This might not get a lot of likes, but why not limit the boat rentals to one boat per GA gate pass? If all 50 GA passes aren't used after the first 3 hours of opening then rentals go first come first serve.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  10. John345

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +508
    Name:
    John V
    I like that idea a lot. Makes a lot of sense. Especially since people may just be hitching a ride on someone's ticket that has a boat launch or water contact ticket. I was worried that people might come 5 in a car even though only 2-3 will be using the actual boat that they bring. Then the others will try and rent. Meanwhile us people with GA tickets are going with the thought that we will rent a boat. That is why we got that ticket. The ticket will then be useless if no boats are available to rent due to my previous concern. Same thing with people who have 1 GA ticket, but come 5 in a car. They may be trying to rent two boats which again really kills the inventory for the rest of us. So I am definitely down with your idea SDBilly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  11. Rayy

Rayy Member

Ratings:
    +1
    September 30th Friday
    motor boat
    1 GVA pass
    4 people
    1 driver 3 passengers

12. badbassbill

Ratings:
    +21
    Best idea I've heard yet! Would not want to be stuck with an expensive pontoon boat for just 2 people tough. If Rocky Mtn can't get it together to do resos then at least they can keep track of who rents...1 GA ticket...1 boat.

13. BadBilly

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +705
    Name:
    Bill
    In theory that makes perfect sense but in reality everyone comming through the gate as a ride along has to purchase a general admission pass or a water contact pass as they come through. How do we track and or limit these? City staff will not be advising us of those purchases as they happen...
    Almost everyone who has replied th this has indicated that they are bringing someone with them. They will be dropping off to get in line for rentals and how are we to sort that out? Its going to be a mad house and there is no means to restrict, limit or turn away any paying customer without inciting riot conditions.
    We are doing everything we can in a very short time to get these bases covered. Remember we did not know until the Friday after the first week sold out on Thursday what the opening day was going to be. I dont wish to anger anyone or undermine/dismiss concerns but it is really easy to armchair quarterback without understanding all the pieces that have to come together in a very short time. Boats, motors, saftey equipment, anchors, moring lines, fuel, electrical, phone lines and the list goes on and on... this does not even include hiring and training employees to get your orders processed and you on a boat and safley launched. Guys and gals we are doing all we can ...
    Thanks

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. SDBilly

SDBilly Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I don't disagree with all the hard work and time it takes to get things rolling. I appreciate all the effort and information you are providing.
    I was thinking about the Ticketmaster GA tickets. Not everyone will have a Ticketmaster ticket.
    It's was just a suggestion.

15. dielman05

dielman05 Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    October 2nd with three others, looking to rent a motorboat.

16. Acal

Acal Member

Ratings:
    +1

As you can probably tell, everyone's anxiety is going up as the much anticipated opening day approaches (lucky you). Maybe you already provided this information and I missed it, but do you have a final count for available "rental boats" for opening day?

Thanks again for all your hard work, tell your boss I said you deserve a raise!

17. BadBilly

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +705
    Name:
    Bill
    ☺thanks Acal
    As of today there are 24 motor boats ready with new motors, tomorrow we are fitting them with full fuel tanks moring lines anchors ect... 5 additional waiting for motors to show up, may end up being row boats on opening day not sure yet. I may end up getting the additional motors from El Cap? I think i counted 6 pontoon boats ready to go. Some of the motor boats hold 6 the others hold 4 passengers. I believe there are still additional boats enrout also.

18. Acal

Acal Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Okay, thanks.

19. badbassbill

Ratings:
    +21
    The original GA from Ticketmaster which everyone has to bring. The city isn't going to be handing out Ticketmaster passes. That's how you track it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Victor Sanchez

Victor Sanchez Active Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Name:
    vnwkfish
    Is it cash only?