Gavin Newsom recall, Governor of California

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Meezer_Man, Oct 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meezer_Man

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,487
    Boat:
    SeaEagle 9
    Two efforts to recall California Gov. Gavin Newsom, a member of the Democratic Party, were launched in August 2019. Both recalls were approved for circulation in September 2019.

The first recall, which was submitted by Erin Cruz, was approved for circulation by the secretary of state on September 6, 2019. Supporters of that recall have until February 13, 2020, to collect 1,495,709 signatures to force a recall election.[1]

• The recall petition alleges that Newsom mismanaged the state and caused poor schools, deteriorating infrastructure, high costs for gas and utilities, and increased homelessness and debt. Her recall petition also criticized Newsom's support of certain policies, which included Medicare for All and laws that aid immigrants living in the country illegally.
    The second recall was submitted by James Veltmeyer and was approved for circulation by the secretary of state on September 27, 2019. Supporters of that recall have until March 5, 2020, to collect 1,495,709 signatures to force a recall election.[2]

• The recall petition criticizes Newsom due to tax increases, the rate of homelessness in major cities, sanctuary city policies, and his support for providing healthcare to immigrants living in the country illegally.[3]
    In August 2019, Newsom issued a statement in response to both recall petitions.

Newsom was elected as California's governor in 2018 with 61.9% of the vote. Prior to the 2018 election, Jerry Brown (D) served as governor from 2011 to 2019.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +15,757
    Gavin Newsom. Cant really say much publicly because I dont want to be accused of using whatever Democratic word is working at the time..

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  3. STILLAPINHEAD

STILLAPINHEAD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67
    my word would be TURD... Gavin Pelosi...

index.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. kciuchta

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,629
    Name:
    Kenny
    How dare you. HOW. DARE. YOU!
    We have the NUMBER 1 highest gas tax!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  5. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +15,757
    I'm telling you, I really believe the state big wheels are trying to get rid of the middle class in this state.. leaving the Hollywood elites and welfare recipients. The shiddyest areas of town will be occupied by the welfare recipients and clearly poor, and the cool places like the coastal communities, areas near national parks and ski resorts will be occupied by the elite. The elite will have great security and police, and the police in the poor areas wont have a thing but a baton and maybe some OC spray.

6. STILLAPINHEAD

STILLAPINHEAD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67
    You are right on the money Creek... I live in Newport Beach (not bragging it aint that great)... a very affluent community (myself excluded)... recently turned BLUE by the Impossible UnMeat Pushers. The police really dont do anything... but sit around in their vehicles on their Twitter / Instagram accounts. Conversely, I work about 5 minutes south of downtown LA in the City of Vernon... and Ill tell you that you could draw a 10 mile diameter circle from here and this area is in shambles. Its has the feeling of a post apocalyptic war zone. Abandoned houses and businesses, broken down cars everywhere. Garbage and humans alike laying in the streets. Everything is filthy, and the people, I think from being ignored for so long, THEY dont even give a **** anymore. Skid Row has expanded to the whole South / Central LA Counties. You cant go to any public business around here without being asked for money. AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE CITY'S NEW THING IS??? FOOT PATROLS!!! Officers walk in pairs through the neighborhoods... trying to make friends I guess??? I feel for these people. There is no law enforcement. The streets run the streets. Sad... really...

7. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +15,757
    It's only gonna get worse. I hate saying that, but not saying it doesn't help matters at all. And I hate knowing that there's no control over anything anymore. LE and emergency services have pretty much just thrown their hands in the air and said F-it. Cant hold anyone accountable anymore.. its what they want.. no responsibility, free stuff, and no accountability after they commit crimes. Its an actual free-for-all courtesy of our asshat politicians..and its starting to unfold right here, right now.