Going to TP 8/12

Discussion in 'Surf, piers, & jetties' started by kingkao, Aug 11, 2017.

1. kingkao

kingkao Active Member

Ratings:
    +101
    I'm gonna hit up TP surf tomorrow morning to put some hours into the KastKing Summer reel I bought (http://a.co/bgJcK0B) on my 9ft Penn Prevail. Feel free to join me out there.

I also picked up some Gulp Sand crabs.. gonna try them out again to see if they work like the real ones too. Last time I used them was years ago and skunked so lets see how they fair this time.

2. stoned-trout

stoned-trout If it smells like fish
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +890
    Boat:
    kayak velocity 13 ft
    I am interested how they work too..it seems they don't make the half inch ones anymore and some people are cutting the big ones in half saying they miss bites otherwise..I got my 12 ft crappie rod setup finally with okuma avenger 30 reel 8 lb floro for some light action..good luck

#2 stoned-trout, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  3. kingkao

kingkao Active Member

Ratings:
    +101
    Yeah the half inch ones are rare.. I found some on ebay from a seller on the east coast. They sent me a camo and penny color one. I'm gonna test them out tomorrow.

4. kingkao

kingkao Active Member

Ratings:
    +101
    So today was met with lots of salad and it seemed like most of the people around me were skunking. I started at 5:30am. lost my Daiwa SP to the surf because mono snapped on cast. Such a bummer. Gonna go braid now.

Got to test out the Gulp sand crabs... caught a small 10in corbina but dunno if this means they work. Gotta go back and hit up another area to see if the Gulp sand crabs really work.

20170812_062825.jpg

#4 kingkao, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  5. ScubaLee03

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,096
    Nice corbina! Sometimes affectionately called bean. Can put up great fights.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  6. Jenx

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,538
    I haven't heard much about the gulp sand crabs, but Gulp Sandworms definitely work. In the last couple of sessions I have caught croaker, perch, corbina, sargo, halibut, and mackerel with it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. perch killer

perch killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    I tried the Gulp sc's last year when they were scarce finding at the beach, both the natural grey & tinted orange colors. Never got a sniff. With sc's being everywhere this year and lots of them, I personally would not waste my time with the Gulps. Just saying.