Good bye Tred Barta.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Medicated fisherman, Aug 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,239
    To the man who taught me fishing was just fishing. The man who taught me artifical,live bait, fly fisherman are all just fisherman chasing the same dream. The one who had the guts to call out fly fisherman and the new found arrogance that surrounded them. As an accomplished flyfisherman he could do that. A great teacher. He showed his failures as much as his success. In a time where egos dominated the television fishing scene Tred aired his failures as well as his successes. He laid it out there. We as an audience got to watch him go from healthy outdoorsman to struggling and over come being wheel chair bound. The man was a legend. In is last facebook post he was looking for a small town with a good deer population and a good church to settle into. He had lost all his close friends and was looking for the same dream most of us chase. I suggest everyone read his last facebook post it puts alot into perspective. This was 9 days before he was killed in an auto crash. Good bye Tred.

2. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,906
    Very touching story. You never know when your time is up.....so best try to enjoy every day you can. It is obvious Tred had an impact on you and no doubt many many others. May he Rest In Peace

3. weldon

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,552
    I used to enjoy watching his TV how years ago. One of the best was when he was duck hunting off shore back east and he almost lost his retriever in a heavy current while chasing after a downed bird on a cold, windy day. Trent was very choked up as his dog was just a speck on the horizon and he had to race after it in his duck boat. He got one happy dog back after a long chase and it was obvious that he really valued his hunting partner.

4. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +39,859
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Interesting character.. hope the reruns are available online for a long time

5. William Ritchie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,271
    Name:
    WjRitchie
    Boat:
    17.5 Western Wide CC
    Peace be to his ashes ,

#5 William Ritchie, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019