Grande 5/13

Discussion in 'Sport Boats' started by Redjim, May 14, 2019.

1. Redjim

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,503
    Went out for the first time on the Grande out of H and M. What a Cadillac, Alec put us on the meat, the crew was awesome, and the crowd was a pleasure to share the rail with. We baited up and underway towards the islands we went. We looked around for a bit, looked like Steve P. On the Belle went on the hook pretty straightaway. We scanned around and found our first school, dropper looped the first fish on deck. The fish moved on and so did we. Birds were getting funky so we baited and dropped a hard circle to spread the bait slick right back into the stern. Broke out the 100j and put a nice yellow over the rail. The fish left after a bit, so back underway. A brekfast plate while underway and I was ready to get back at em. Next stop I threw a little jig i have been toying with, 40 gram coltsniper lookin deal with a 4/0 squash assist. 3 fish on, 3 fish kept on swimming. I need to use different hooks evidently. Off and running again. Next spot we had a breezer off the stern that was about 200 foot by 20 foot. I wanted a bass rod yellow, so I grabbed my Sixgill Creature 7 foot 20-50 pound rod with my komodo 350. Pinched a 5 inch mackeral from the well and sent it outbound, soaking it for about 2 and a half minutes. BOOM, screaming braid off the reel and through the eyelets I began the dance around the boat and through the chaos. The wide open bite had me navigating others that were hooked up and I even got wrapped up twice. The fish came over on the hook, a legitimate 25 plus. The fish did their thing and we went to find more will participants. When we got to the next school, I slid my dropperloop back and was on right when it hit the bottom. I got 2 like that on my 7ft 30-80 pound trihelix and Penn 113 and then it was time to scoot. The last spot I changed to a dropperloop and an 8 0z on the 100j and man, what a kick in the @$$ to pull good grade yellows off the deck 150 ft down! As my first time on the Grande, I can guarantee I will be putting in more work on that cushy and well maintained vessel. First class operation, bunks on a 3/4 (full day) and heads I wouldnt be embarrased to have my mom use. Repeat coming next weekend. Tight lines and following seas.

20190513_131405.jpg

20190513_154142.jpg

2. Mogambo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,449
    Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    19 foot Sea Pro
    Great blow by blow report!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. itch2fish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +682
    I had a great time with that crew a few weeks ago. I agree with your assessment. Nice fish!

4. Capt Ray

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,369
    Name:
    Ray
    Very good report. Sounds like a great boat to add to the list for a day trip.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Jason_Spotfin08

Jason_Spotfin08 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75
    GRANDE is a great boat, my first time was 4 summers ago and I got my first bluefin at 812pm when everyone was inside eating dinner at the end of the 1.5 day, 86lber and the jackpot! haha pays to keep soaking when others have given up!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Epaleo

Epaleo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +114
    Thank you for the detailed report. Nice looking Yellows sir!

7. Redjim

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,503
    Way to grind, congratulations on the jp.

8. Fat Spottie

Fat Spottie Evolved Pinhead
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,065
    Name:
    None Either
    Boat:
    Hobie PA-14
    Wouldn’t be surprised if the Grande made its way over to Point Loma SP sooner or later.

9. SDcarp

SDcarp Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82
    Same owner as Mission Belle? Would there be two 3/4 day going out from there?

Btw, where is the daily double these days?

10. Fat Spottie

Fat Spottie Evolved Pinhead
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,065
    Name:
    None Either
    Boat:
    Hobie PA-14
    No, but maybe changing out what boat does what, heard a couple people wanted to buy the PL for a six pack and one of the subs was thinking about that considering how the liberty operates.

The double is just doing some routine maintenance in the yard.