Grande Full Day 11/8 Late Post

Discussion in 'Sport Boats' started by Jepoy, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Jepoy

Jepoy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52
    RSYfh1tFrVgDmHoV7csfNuK_p-NXHlrwL_jVeJQfRxTWqOpOkkII8Y0GSwlQLcbPLEUE_Sgxm3aTlT-B9tM=w504-h672-no.jpg

I was really excited about this trip...

I had only been on a handful of 1/2 and 3/4 trips and finally committed to a full day trip. With the possibility of landing my first tuna, Friday could not have come quicker!

I arrived at the dock around 4:30 AM and they hadn't started checking people in yet. The boat was scheduled to leave at 5:30 AM. After drinking most of my coffee, I decided to check in, grab my stuff, and walk to the boat. I signed in on the manifest and was offered a bunk for $5 which I purchased. Tip: it's worth it. We headed out more than 50 miles offshore and it took 5 hours to get to the spot only to search for another hour before throwing a line out for a quick minute. The fish weren't there, but everyone was antsy to start fishing--who wouldn't be! The captain really tried to get us onto some fish. This means we searched and searched and searched. Apparently, we had missed the morning bite and there wasn't an afternoon or evening bite.

We fished a couple kelp paddies with only one person hooking and landing a YT as the captain announced that we were moving again. Total fishing time was around 15 minutes--lines in the water. Fishing does include a lot of searching--hard lesson to learn, but it's part of fishing.

We were back at the dock around 8:30 PM. Our expected return was 5 PM.

Turns out we missed the fish by a few days:
    ipC8JwKla34v4cc_reVm56-JVWktFDvP2m8qY5zXL25MMcGoFGdoVkgJkCK4k3j34wveEdzBdpgtIk4JyTc=w364-h673-no.jpg

Here's our one fish for 32 anglers :)
    62gqDKNa5kaEiDp_6Rs1UBe627CdHgWeNwTsfExxcAHR3EhMyulsO-RkDneH7xpbMBX_Nro00ZUwf4usJuU=w504-h672-no.jpg
    There's our not so grand report on the Grande:
    xj5I9o1C8VdJf2i9H0mwZrS7J49XQo4M0dPISFKhdZ7b9tkRgvFa6-z1drJw-ZxBmHIi9p1x3pk1RfVxXw8=w486-h672-no.jpg

Needless to say, I'm heading out again this Friday on an Overnight trip.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. justinjoy

justinjoy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +256
    Name:
    JAY
    Overnight trips are the ticket travel time we all slept woke up to fishing. I will pay the extra cash for the overnight trips over the full day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Jepoy

Jepoy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52
    I'm hopeful, maybe for an AM, mid-day, and PM bite! The full day boats have been doing well recently... After my trip

4. Vito1023

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,416
    Sorry to hear your bad trip, I had that happen a few years back when a lot of Dorado were hitting big time which I haven’t seen since then and that’s one of my dream fish to catch along with a Tarpon someday, I just booked for Thursday and I’d be thrilled with one tuna, yesterdays counts looked good a few Bluefin too, I’ll report back, good luck on your next trip.

5. F1$H

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +597
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo 13
    Much better than working. Ive yet to go on a full day and catch something.

6. Jepoy

Jepoy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52
    Dorado is still on my list as well... Haven't considered tarpon...hmmmm. Thanks and good luck on your Thursday trip.

What do they say?
    A bad day fishing is better than the best day at work!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List