Great Time to Hit Our Lakes

Discussion in 'Freshwater Reports' started by wccjanel, Jan 24, 2012.

1. wccjanel

wccjanel Fishing Guide
    SDFish VIP Site Sponsor

Ratings:
    +39
    One of the benefits of being a fulltime guide is what I call "dreaded research" trips. My tongue is obviously deeply embedded in my cheek. Anybody who knows me knows my record, and deep love, for largemouth bass fishing - especially Lake Murray. This lake was even more enjoyable for me today, in that I got to share it with my dear friend Michael.
    What I like the most about fishing those "dreaded research" trips with Michael is that he doesn't seem to mind that I don't hook all my bites, and that I move around a lot; and do so very quickly. I do my research trips much like how I used to prefish for WON Bass Pro/Ams, and FLW tournaments. But Michael doesn't mind. He also doesn't rub it in when fish like the one he's holding earn him the sandwich award. Good job, brother. And thank you for a wonderful day on the water.

2012-01-24_11-12-07_2.jpg

Learned today:
    Swimbaits a must for bigger fish. Trailer hooks are a good idea.
    Fish are staging in usual areas.
    Carolina rigs will produce, especially when pulling uphill.
    Purple is still a top producing color for soft plastics at Murray.

Thank you for reading,
    James

2. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +29,677
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    What? No topwater bait in that fish's mouth??? Nice fish, what will it go, 'bout a pound? 8)

3. mdh

mdh
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +78
    Great report. Thanks. Who, what where and when always works for me.

4. otay michael

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,448
    It was a most enjoyable day; nice weather, little cloudy, two or three other boats at most, great company that let me win the 'tournament' for the sandwich. 8) :lol: :wink: Blessings James, OM

PS, Believers, keep he and his his wife in prayer, she is going through some physical challenges.

PPS FYI, That wonderful center console boat he now has can take four fishermen out very comfortably, but he's booking up fast for the bay/ocean for next two months he told me. Get three friends together and get out there with him; he doesn't just show what to use, he shows you how and he educates you why! Great stick and he's getting a lot of repeat customers because of it.

5. wccjanel

wccjanel Fishing Guide
    SDFish VIP Site Sponsor

Ratings:
    +39
    'twas bigger than mine, fer sure.

Thank you for the kind words, and your wonderful spirit, Michael. Much appreciated.