Guess how much it weight

Discussion in 'Freshwater Reports' started by bassman858, May 15, 2008.

1. Ts2046

Ts2046 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't think it was from there was stating that its about the size of the avg fish from there.

2. bassman858

bassman858 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok.. how is the bite over at DVL? i have never been there. do you have any tips or good spot to fish. i probably go there next weekend. thanks

3. Ts2046

Ts2046 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    DVL is slow right now, read my post about today. When the bass are on the chew I tend to whacky rig green pumpkin senkos and fish them off the steep drop offs. Other favorites include dropshotting AM, MM, GW 4" straight or curly tail robos, T-rigging 6-10" plastics in similar colors. I have done my best back in the Quarry area (which is far end from the boat ramp) along the steep banks. Also any points or coves if you fish the structure you will pick up fish. I was told its an afternoon bite. Which in my case this morning I didn't get bit til around 10:30. Water is extremely low. Once the bass get keyed in on the shad, it will be topwater, flukes, jerkbaits, and spinnerbaits. Which today I saw fish breaking. Not wide open yet but its gonna get there. Goodluck, bring lots of water. If your taking your boat, be sure you have lifejackets, fire extinguisher, whistle, flag, LIVEWELL MUST BE BONE DRY, if its not you will be DENIED ACCESS, you will have to have your boat inspected and for it to pass it needs to be a 2000 or newer if it has a two-stroke. 4 strokes depend on the motor. You will have to fill out a survey and such also. Be sure you also bring current proof of registration and insurance. They wont let you on the water if your tags are expired. All goes well and you get a little yellow sticker to say your MWD approved which will make you good for DVL and Skinner. PS..... If you goto San V, Miramar, Skinner, Otay, Mathews, AZ lakes the CO River or anywhere else with the muscle in it, you may not launch for a week and a half at DVL. That's their rule to try to quarantine boats. So if you fish Skinner say Sat, then you can't goto DVL Sun because thy got the muscles in Skinner. Hope this helps, need other info PM me.

4. bassman858

bassman858 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the great info...any luck with the hard bait? swimbait? and how's the shore fishing?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Bassman-- Shore fishing is allright, I like the 2nd cove over on the right side by the branches in the water if im throwing plastics, or the point right near there if im throwing swimbaits. Ill be out there tommorow early for a few hours.

Speaking of holding your fish away from your body so it looks bigger............. this guy was a little under 2.5 Looks huge!

[​IMG]

6. bassman858

bassman858 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    WHAT KIND OF PLASTIC WERE YOU THROWING? DS,CR,TXR. THANKS!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Bassman, today I was out there and watermelon was the color of the day for me, Brushhogs/Senkos/Lizards. I was throwing the brushhogs and sinkos weightless TXR, and the lizards TXR. Had 3 little guys. Pics coming soon.

8. lurk 1

lurk 1 New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    i'd go even money that the fish is three pounds but you are doing the classic "hold the fish up to the camera" move that can make a three look like a five. the only way to try to offset the optical illusion is to look at the size of the guy's thumb and hand because its the only thing that you can judge the fish's size with. next time just hold the fish close to your chest and it won't look like you're trying to make a three into a five. either way, that's a healthy bass and you'll get a bigger one if you don't quit.

9. hookfynn

hookfynn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4
    nice fish. yeah, its about 2.5lbs. to bad you nailed it on the first cast. that is the nail in the coffin for me. if that happens to me, its going to be a long day.