Guess the weight of this Calico

Discussion in 'Private Boaters and General Saltwater' started by fishingmissionbay, Jun 10, 2019.

1. NCTOADSLAYERZ

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +838
    So you're a "licensed fishing guide" on a 17 foot sailboat that people can't even stand up on? :emoji_thinking:

2. fishingmissionbay

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,225
    Boat:
    Alger West 17
    Oh geeeez.
    I don’t charge to take anyone out, nor would I ever. I got my guide license to help a friend with a travel business he is starting. Completely unrelated. I take people out to meet, and to go fishing, and to hopefully learn a thing or two of their techniques and ideas. I’m just a dude having fun in the local fishing community, and enjoy sharing the stoke with others who don’t have the means to get on the water.

3. John S.

John S. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237
    Then you have to deal with all of the BS that comes with guiding. When you are not charging people and just helping them to figure things out then it is fun. No pressure. Helped an elderly lady out at Hot Creek. She had no concept of how to nymph or what flies to use. I had her dialed in on my four weight within an hour. It was great watching her get one and how stoked she was. Didnt cost her a dime but I got a nice memory out of it. Your a good fisherman and I do like your attitude. Keep posting and I will keep reading. Water is warming up. Looking forward to Calicos on the Fly.

John

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. fishingmissionbay

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,225
    Boat:
    Alger West 17
    I’ve had the pleasure of sharing the stoke with a countless number of people, and they, and I , have learned a lot from each other. That’s what it’s all about. I don’t need a fancy boat, fancy gear, or any of that. Just sharing memories, and getting on the water is the best of it all.
    Awesome story, that is really rad of you. That’s what being an angler is all about

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. NCTOADSLAYERZ

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +838

Hate to break it to ya, but that's what fishing charter's cost! Don't think you'd be able to find anyone I've taken out that would say it wasn't worth it. Thank's for the free advertisement but I'm already a paid sponsor on this site so people can easily look up my prices.

People like you are the ones that ruin it for people who are trying to do it the right way. Lots of bootleg fishing charter's out there these days, I guarantee you I'm no one of them. How long have you even been fishing for saltwater bass, 3-4 years? Do you have FG number's on your sailboat? Captain License?

6. NCTOADSLAYERZ

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +838
    Have you guided before? Yeah it might not be for everyone, but for me the positive's of being my own boss and sharing my passion with other people far outweigh the negatives.

7. fishingmissionbay

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,225
    Boat:
    Alger West 17
    I think you misunderstood what I said- I don’t charge people to go fishing(not even gas), I’m not a “charter”. I take people out who I meet to go fishing, and strictly to just fish. So I’m confused how I ruin things for you? The people I take out are people that most likely can’t afford spending 1000 bucks a day to go in shore fishing. I never said I was a pro, or an expert at these waters. I just like to fish, and if I can bring someone else a long then I will every single time.

8. NCTOADSLAYERZ

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +838
    On your Instagram it says you're a "licensed fishing guide" and then you turn around and take people out for free. Do you not understand how this would diminish the value of someone trying to run a legitimate business?

9. fishingmissionbay

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,225
    Boat:
    Alger West 17
    You should know that there’s a big difference between being a guide, and running a charter... would it make you feel better if I started charging people for guide services? I don’t understand what your trying to do here. Why don’t you go ridicule all the illegal charters in sd instead of me who is just sharing the stoke with people I consider friends.

10. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +36,802
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Is it that guy I put on ignore his first day here? Less stupidity and negativity is one click away.. Keep it positive, fishingmissionbay .. Haters, idgits and toolbags are everywhere... Keep up the good work

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. 5-20

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,227
    Nctoadslayerz, you’re kinda looking like a grouch here.

To tell the truth I don’t really understand why you’re upset.

Tons of professionals provide free services all of the time.

I don’t really understand or get what you’re saying at all.

12. NCTOADSLAYERZ

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +838
    And there's also a difference between being a "Fishing Guide" and just an average fisherman that likes some company and someone to split gas cost's with. You're the later, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. The thing I have a problem with is you calling yourself a "licensed fishing guide". Do you have a DFW Guide License? Surety Bond? FG numbers?

13. NCTOADSLAYERZ

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +838
    fishingmissionbay

Not being a grouch, he has talked bad about my operation to people on social media saying he can't believe I charge what I do to take people fishing in the bay. That's what I have a problem with. Then he turn's around and calls himself a "licensed fishing guide" which means he has a permit to take people fishing for pay...

14. fishingmissionbay

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,225
    Boat:
    Alger West 17
    No dude, I just made it all up so I could steal business from your THRIVING business:emoji_rolling_eyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  15. fishingmissionbay

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,225
    Boat:
    Alger West 17
    When have I talked bad?! What are you even talking about?! Oh myyyy

16. fishingmissionbay

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,225
    Boat:
    Alger West 17
    Yeah I stop posting on sdfish, then come back to this stuff. So kooky

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +36,802
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Don't stop posting.. Please. Ignore button is right there. I put that self hating ignit on my list some time ago and my life here has been better since. If you ever want my list, let me know. I don't have time for that much arrogance and stupidity

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. John S.

John S. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237
    Really? So, I need to go to DFW and pay the fees, get bonded just so I can take people out and charge them to get some type of legitimacy with you? And yeah, I know about the Captains License requirements if I want to run my boat for charter. There is nothing in my post that bad mouths guiding. The BS is dealing with clients who expect more from you then what you can deliver due to the conditions or just chance. I cannot name drop Six Pack and Four Pack operations on this board that I have a great deal of respect for. However, you cannot really believe that they have not had bad experiences with clients. So, yeah, I will keep taking people out for free. I will teach them what I know. I will be selective because I can. I will decline to take people out because I know I don't want to be on the water with them for a half or full day. Do what you want and charge what you want. I have my own boat and my own stuff and I call my own shots. However, I will think of you the next time I am helping out some person on the Lower O, East Walker or someplace else that is struggling.

John

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. fishingmissionbay

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,225
    Boat:
    Alger West 17
    There’s an ignore button?! Wish I knew of that along time ago haha

20. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +36,802
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Click the name, right side towards the bottom..