Gusty Midway Sesh and a not so nice encounter

Discussion in 'Bay Fishing' started by scisports, Jan 9, 2018.

1. scisports

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,532
    1C95BEBB-149B-45BE-AAF4-1BA650C8214E.jpeg 7E4AC763-2C56-4DDE-AC3C-71863AC98D57.jpeg Checked the radar and saw a sliver of no rain and gave it a try today from 8:20 to 9:40, caught one on the first cast, and 13 dinks in 1hr fishing time, dropping gulp minnows and craws down pilings, and at the back of the Midway to get out of the wind.... Was crazy trying to fish in 25+ mph wind, me and my rod we’re getting pushed all over the place! Had to switch to DS to get enough weight on the line!

What did I do for the other 20 minutes? Got checked by Harbor police. First she said there’s no fishing on the Midway Pier so I quickly abided, got in my car and left. As I drove to the parking lot next to Fish Market to allow fishing on that side, the police turn on their lights and pull me over, and they ask me for my drivers license/registration/insurance. Im thinking well here goes fishing at that spot, I’m in the system now.

She said that my tags came up expired in the system (??). I had all the requisite paperwork so it eventually turned out fine, but it did get me anxious tracking my insurance slip, etc.

ugh.... Well after they left I did some fishing on the legal side of the Midway for a few more (total of 13). Thought given the events that was a good number to end on.

Tightlines!

• Like Like x 13
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  2. swings are free

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,667
    I'm sure given the road conditions there were more important things the police could have been doing. At least you got some in those conditions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. aquaman10293

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,676
    Welcome to the club ! I'm in the system to the point they have taken pictures of me ! Most harbor police are pretty good about letting me fish where I want there's just that one female that always chases me off

4. Vito1023

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,347
    I've only fished from Fish Market to half way in and only in the daytime they haven't bothered me, should I be expecting them to hassle me soon?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. aquaman10293

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,676
    Well never say never but the only officer that really hassles me works at night

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  6. porvida99

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +199
    That sucks man. I doubt your tags came back expired at all...

7. fishingmissionbay

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,580
    Boat:
    Alger West 17
    So weird! That happened to me about a month ago, a sherriff pulled me over saying my tags were expired by a year(even tho I had current tags on them). After sitting around waiting for the officer to look it up in his system he came back to tell me how much the DMV sucks at their job and how its been happening very often to him. Luckily i was in the clear and he let me go. At least you caught some fish!!

8. dj thrillz

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +16,030
    When they have nothing better to do they will harass fishermen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. JesseRB20

JesseRB20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168
    Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    Kayak
    Way to prevail through all of those road blocks! Thats frustrating given the small time slot. Good Job!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Paulito

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,420
    Sounds just like crackheads!! Could this be a conspiracy to the ever rising number of crackheads?! Lol